Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Unnatural Selection: Countdown to dick nagas.  (Read 39039 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Unnatural Selection: A game of genetic murder
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 09:46:09 pm »

Waitlist
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:38 pm »

WAITLIST:
FallacyofUrist
Dustan Hache
Abstracttraitorhero
Paphi
Crazyabe
Athath
Endlessblaze

In?

You say you can't factor in giant claws if you don't know we have them, but we start as androgynous humans? I'm confused. Are we all human(oid) at start, and you determine what effect any mods have?
You all start as human. As soon as you're in the arena, you can start modifying yourself however you want. Thats when you start getting parts to keep track of. I figured that was self-explanatory but I was clearly mistaken since about 60% of people came in already modifying themselves.

HB: in
CR: in
AO: Waiting
RA: in
NJ: in

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2017, 10:48:05 pm »

Sorry, I sleep when you lot play.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2017, 12:32:26 pm »

Spoiler: Genome (click to show/hide)
Defend/Evade.
You pull out your gene manipulator and make a few changes on the display screen before sticking the needle into your arm.

Well, two major things happen to you. First, your skin turns green and scaly and two massive nostrils open up on your chest. Second, both of your arms shrink into your body and then something new grows in their place. Two deep blue fleshy lumps with a crystalline consistency, both in the shape of human mouths, lips and teeth and all.  These glands leak super cold fluid, like liquid oxygen. You have to be careful not to get any on you.

Do a little mutation dance.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
A two foot long human tounge grows out of your chest.

Your hair falls out and your follicles start releasing thick black smoke like miniture volcanos. Your whole body is covered in a layer of constantly buzzing wasp wings. Your lower body deforms into a long, earthworm like tail. Your upper body changes from normal flesh into a cage of sharpened, overlapping antlers in the shape of a human chest. Your organs are visible within, still working away in their cage of bone. Your arms shrink away and are replaced by perfectly conical horns that leak carcinogens. Your legs shrink into the worm body and are replaced by two emaciated spider heads that bite and twitch and writhe all over the place at high speed.

You cannot run, or even walk. So you slither towards AO on your wormy lower body.

Sorry, I sleep when you lot play.

Your head is replaced with a cat leg. Still has your hair on it, weirdly.  Your arms are replaced with vertical fanged mouths that extend down the length of your chest. These mouths have human arms instead of tongues. Your legs are replaced by heavy bone weights.

Of course this doesn't really matter because you replaced your head with a cat leg so you are dead. I'm very lenient in this game in terms of anatomy, but if you don't have a brain SOMEWHERE in your body, I'm gonna call that dead.

Top right gene to AB.
Head to bone hook. Also dead.

Well, after figuring out just how many possible genomes there are... I'm just going to use a random number generator.
This might be a horrible mistake.

Spoiler: New Genome (click to show/hide)

Figure out what that new genome did.

Your head turns into a cluster of four sticky lion's tails that each end with a lizard's eye. They also each have a single dog ear. Because why not.  Your lion tails are attached to a fish tail that replaces your neck. Of course that fishtail is in the shape of a featureless horsehead. Your legs turn into a single octopus tentacle that end in a bone dome. A reptillian fringe runs down the length of it and its suckers have been replaced with tiny orange organs shaped like horse legs. They leak some kind of gas constantly. Your arms are replaced with a single cat tail that ends in a bulbous organ that constantly spews flame. Its at about this point in the mutation process that the gas from your "leg" is ignited by the flame from your "arm" and you combust and explode at the same time.

So you are also dead.

Wow, three corpses in one turn.

our new participants are
Abstracttraitorhero
Fallacyofurist
ATHATH

The arena has begun changing; the darker spots are sections of the arena that are starting to sink down into the floor.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Unnatural Selection: Three corpses already
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2017, 12:39:27 pm »

Halfway through the turn, I was anticipating some intricate description of what happened to me. 6 words cannot fathom the pain I felt at my turn. Well, there was technichally no pain, since I had no brain to feel pain with. And I only added a SINGLE gene. I thought I was safe from self-murder.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 12:40:00 pm »

Spoiler: new genome (click to show/hide)

Move onto the non-shrinking square to my right. Then evade any bastardly attacks.

Spoiler: current description (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 12:46:42 pm »

ATHATH! You can use my bone head as a weapon!

...bone HOOK head, to be specific.

Piecewise, are our bodies still around?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2017, 01:02:10 pm »

I thought I was safe from self-murder.
In one of my games? Never~

You can always sign up again. I doubt it will take long to get back in.

And yeah, bodies remain for a short time.

WAITLIST:
Dustan Hache
Paphi
Crazyabe
Endlessblaze

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2017, 01:41:31 pm »

Jane come's in quietly and then her eye's light up. Delicious flesh! But...it can wait one moment....a though filled her head of a certain fighting game she knew what she had to do.
"Today is a good day to eat."
Genome changing time.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:49:39 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2017, 01:53:07 pm »

Spoiler: Super Secret (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2017, 02:04:35 pm »

Just a note, but from analyzing the turn I believe that changing the top left corner will alter your head and most likely kill you. fair warning to everyone.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2017, 02:17:36 pm »

Somebody is bound to kill themselves with aggressive mutations. Or otherwise get killed.

Speak of it and it will happen. Wonderful.

Back into waitlist!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2017, 02:27:24 pm »

Hey, what do you know, 3 people died on the first turn!
Waitlist me please

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »

Perform breathing exercises and mutate ever so slightly. Flap my tongue around a bit. Instruct anybody coming toward me to kindly fuck off, kick them in the head if they don't desist.

Spoiler: HB (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2017, 02:58:04 pm »

WAITLIST:
Dustan Hache
Paphi
Crazyabe