Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 42471 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all
« on: May 15, 2017, 01:53:30 pm »

Ride to the planet surface is long and boring, at least for those who didn't go into stasis. They pass time by playing Tetris, and after that gets boring, watching movies Dave streams to your faceplates on request and chatting. Some share their worries, some their beliefs, others their bloated self-opinion. Eventually stasis pods open and everyone gets fully dressed, checking over their weapons and other equipment couple of times.

The shuttle door opens, and the men and women step out into an alien landscape, almost surprised by lower gravity. The difference isn't unbearable, but it requires you to pay attention to your movement. The landing spot is on what appears to be a section of old road, flat and wide enough for the shuttle. It's surrounded by plants that look like a gnarly and twisted maze made out of roots taller than a man, occasionally sprouting tall spiraling trunks fully covered by thick layers of turquoise "leaves". Each "leaf" looks like long curly ribbon hanging from the trunk or a short branch. Behind the plants you can see a mountain rising to reach the clouds. It's very close and very, very tall. The sky is gray, wholly covered in dark clouds and nobody knows where the sun is. Above the horizon, probably.

From the maze of roots comes a man, dressed warmly and in civilized manner, wearing a large backpack. He takes in your appearance for a moment.

"I take it you are the HMRC then? Welcome to Frone. I'll be your guide to the bunker."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:42:49 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:59:16 pm »

"Nice to meet you" She looks around "What exactly are these things weak to? By things I mean the Turrets" She asks the rest of the team and the guide
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:26:55 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 02:25:47 pm »

"Nice to meet you" She shakes his hand, "What exactly are these things weak to?" She asks the rest of the team
((What are you asking? Which things? Also, kin-amp is a glove. Just a warning.))

"We are, yes." Joanna says to the man. "Let's get down to business. Anything we should know about the bunker before we go?" She's speaking quickly - part wanting to get this over with, part concerned that people will start somehow killing themselves or the guide if they don't move soon.

Say above
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 02:27:17 pm »

((fixed
No sig yet

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 02:36:33 pm »

Vik moves a hand out infront of him, watching how the exosuit moves with him before speaking up
"Who here has a long ranged weapon and or a civic defender shit?  I think we're going to want to try and get defenses out from a distance and be able to move forwards with those best capable to defend against the lasers in front."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 03:00:27 pm »

Bastien turns up his nose toward's the guide quietly humming something. Holding his rifle causally on hs shoulder. If any were to pay attention they would notice he's kinda leaning on his metal leg and...he's twitching a little. Is the prick all bothered?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 03:05:19 pm »

Vik moves a hand out infront of him, watching how the exosuit moves with him before speaking up
"Who here has a long ranged weapon and or a civic defender shit?  I think we're going to want to try and get defenses out from a distance and be able to move forwards with those best capable to defend against the lasers in front."
*Raises hand* "I got Grenades"
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 03:05:52 pm »

"Unless you've got a monstrous throwing arm, I don't think that counts."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 03:24:41 pm »

Filgres bounced on his new feets excitedly.   A new planet!  Neat!

"I can punch them!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 03:28:06 pm »

"If worse comes to worse, maybe we could rig the grenade to one of my drones? That would require us getting some kind of remote detonator though."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 04:07:15 pm »

"Hmm, heat up the grenade might work...or we could shoot it, we'll figure it out..and I do have this exosuit, so I may well have the best throwing arm here."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 09:23:31 pm »

"Hmph. Overwatch."

Squat in the middle of the road and keep an eye out in all directions with my many eyes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 09:03:08 am »

((What are you asking? Which things? Also, kin-amp is a glove. Just a warning.))

((Actually, unless Ao changed this from original ER, the functional part is just a postage-stamp sized black box positioned over the glove's knuckles.  The rest of the glove is completely inert and normal.  Yes, the armory entry mentions that you shouldn't scratch your nose--a lot of armory entries contain misleading statements.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 09:06:17 am »

((Actually, unless Ao changed this from original ER, the functional part is just a postage-stamp sized black box positioned over the glove's knuckles.  The rest of the glove is completely inert and normal.  Yes, the armory entry mentions that you shouldn't scratch your nose--a lot of armory entries contain misleading statements.))
(So we should scratch our noses with it and pat children on the back with them.))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 09:06:25 am »

((I was more saying, maybe a handshake isn't a great idea :P ))
Sigtext!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23