Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 42734 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Surprisingly competent
« Reply #270 on: July 19, 2017, 02:27:10 pm »

((Also that thing would very likely be valuable to bring back home.))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2017, 02:40:29 pm »

"Ready to surrender?"
Give him a chance to yield.

He completely ignores your placating gesture for some reason. It might have something to do with how you treated his broken arm.

[Dex: 6]

He also ignores his broken arm, and instead twists himself in your grip to punch you with his other fist. A pitiful swing you nonchalantly avoid by kick jumping away. He's rather lively considering the additional breathing hole in his lungs. Better put him down before he hurts himself or others more.

[Uncon: 2]

He dodges your backhand slap with kin amp hand easily. Very lively indeed.

"Yeah, sure, go for it. That sounds like an amazing idea." Grits says, backing up "I'm just going to make some distance between me an it, ya know, bad memories of the thing and such."

All's well ends well, but quickly get some distance between myself and the book to be sure

Then go to the room I passed with the computer stations, and check out said stations for relevant data. Do double check that the defences in that room are off before I enter, though. Can't be too sure.

Yeah, better retreat before they do something stupid. You take few steps back and run towards the stairs down, ignoring sound of gauss rifle firing and flash of cold light that follows immediately afterwards. Whatever they did, they can deal with it by themselves.

You run down the stairs quickly and make your way to the target room with less haste. Now, you do not have a direct connection to the system anymore so you can't be absolutely sure, but you're fairly certain there wasn't any automated weapons in that room. And you have already walkes past it twice, so it should be safe. But it doesn't hurt to be careful.

You stop in front of the open doorframe and peer inside carefully Only suspicious piece of potentially dangerous machinery are those two large half spheres in ceiling.

[Int: 6] Ah, right. Those are mechanical boobs, you nod sagely. Just don't stand directly below them and they won't be a problem.

Now, these computers. First two refuses to work, but third starts up. It asks for a password.

[Aux: 5] Your first attempt, name of the planet repeated thrice, seems to be correct one. Lucky guess!

Now that you are safely logged in you take a look what programs and data there's available. Aside of the standard set of office programs there's a bunch of more interesting ones; one to control holoprojectors somewhere, a bunch that seem to be related to communications which all throw you "404 server not found" errors. From logs you find out these programs have been giving same error for over a year when they were last time used few centuries ago. Oldest sign of activity before 404 errors is a launch command somewhere.

Sebastien shrugs.
Throw book at grits feet fire gun at book.

[Will: 6]

Just as you begin throwing the book Grits hightails it out of the armory and away. Hmph. "Coward" you shout after him. You throw the book anyway. There's no reason to shoot target in your own hands.

[Con: 5]

You casually raise the gun on your shoulder and fire before the book even hits the ground. There's a blinding flash of cold blue light when the bullet hits the book. Book shatters into millions golden embers that disappear into ceiling. What remains behind is only the bullet you fired, now lost of it's metallic shine. It also now bears same dull color as the book did and makes a sound very unlike metal when it gently rolls on the floor.

>I Q1LL reduce IIIIZRat##roM your pMOOVLA.

Shoot the book too.
Stay away from the book.
kill the book with a kinamp punch

There's no book anymore, only a gauss slug on its place that doesn't look metallic anymore. If anything, it looks like a cylinder carved out of  concrete. It even sounds like one.

((Also that thing would very likely be valuable to bring back home.))

A pity, isn't it?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2017, 02:46:43 pm »

((I dare you to pick up that concrete gauss round.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2017, 03:34:58 pm »

Back the fuck away from it
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2017, 08:18:53 pm »

"You won't win!"

Choke him out.  Somehow.  Deactivate?  Turn off?  Knock out?  You know what I mean.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2017, 01:44:43 pm »

Back the fuck away from it

With unmanly scream you scamper to the very opposite corner of armory, startled by sudden light show it caused.

"You won't win!"

Choke him out.  Somehow.  Deactivate?  Turn off?  Knock out?  You know what I mean.

I think the word you're looking for is murder.

[Uncon: 5] You strike while he's unbalanced. Kinetic amplifier hits his chest squarely and borderline magical technology inside makes his whole torso explode backwards with thunderous clap, painting half of the room with thin layer of blood, gore and viscera. His head, arms and lower body collapse on floor, never rising again.

It finally occurs to you that team radio channel has been quiet for a while.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2017, 01:48:11 pm »

Have a look at that holoprojector program, see if there are any that are on right now and what they're displaying. Also check that launch message and the messages before that one. Also see if I can't make a copy of the message before the 404 to my pda somehow.

Also, if nobody else goes to pick up the guy I shot when under the influence of the "book", go and drag him to a medic after I do my computery stuff.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:31:07 pm by Pancaek »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2017, 02:16:15 pm »

"Hey Grits, I can hear what people say on the radio. Why don't you come back down here and drag me to the medic? It would be the least you could do after shooting me in the braincase."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2017, 02:23:51 pm »

"To be fair, that wasn't really me though. The artifact took control of my me. Anyways, I'm sure there's someone else that's closer who can help you better than I can, I'm currently messing about in their computer systems."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2017, 02:37:51 pm »

Huh.  Filgres switched to radio.

"This is Filgres here, status update.  Hostile skeleton is neutralized, and the traitorous Stephan is put down.  How's things going around?"

Check in.  Also didn't I get injured here?  Status check on those too.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2017, 02:41:03 pm »

"This is Grits, good job on the skeleton. I've disabled most of the security in this place. We had some trouble with an artifact that takes over people, it made me shoot Citotp. It should be neutralized right now though.

I'm currently looking through their regular computer systems, but I think we'll need to go an access the mainframe directly to get the mission data. Uh, over."

edit: apparently filgres doesn't get radio. oops.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:12:47 pm by Pancaek »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2017, 03:02:47 pm »

"This is Filgres here, status update.  Hostile skeleton is neutralized, and the traitorous Stephan is put down.  How's things going around?"

No radio for you.

And you have a big hole through your head. And helmet. It doesn't bother you the slightest.
Old sigs.
Games.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2017, 04:41:59 pm »

Assuming that the radio is open-channel or something...

"I'm not sure I'm equipped to fix you, really. I'm a medic, not a mechanic. If your braincase has been fucked I might be able to find a way to preserve it?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2017, 05:38:12 pm »

No radio for you.

And you have a big hole through your head. And helmet. It doesn't bother you the slightest.
I thought that was me, oh wait....hole in head, yeah never mind, I just got the extreme ear piercing
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:50:12 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2017, 05:48:37 pm »

"Those kits they give you have all the necessary tools and such. Look, I'm sure you can figure it out."

((Medical Tech:   A mechanic both for people and the systems that keep people from dying in various ways.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23