Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 42721 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Surprisingly competent
« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2017, 05:26:30 am »

Switch to radio.
"One of you please explain what's going on for the simpletons that may be listening on this frequency."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2017, 04:32:42 pm »

Have a look at that holoprojector program, see if there are any that are on right now and what they're displaying. Also check that launch message and the messages before that one. Also see if I can't make a copy of the message before the 404 to my pda somehow.

Also, if nobody else goes to pick up the guy I shot when under the influence of the "book", go and drag him to a medic after I do my computery stuff.

None of the projectors are on.

Easiest way is just to write the message down on your wristpad so you do exactly that.

Ignoring everything else in the room you go to Citotp's metal body. [Str: 3] His body is locked up in uncomfortable position, which makes him rather hard to pick up. The best you can do is to drag him by his feet to the stairs. If miss medic wants to help him, her better come down and do it here.

Huh.  Filgres switched to radio.

"This is Filgres here, status update.  Hostile skeleton is neutralized, and the traitorous Stephan is put down.  How's things going around?"

Check in.  Also didn't I get injured here?  Status check on those too.

Nobody responds you. Radio channel is completely silent.

And you do have a big hole through your head. And helmet. If you poke our finger in you can feel your brain. It doesn't bother you the slightest.

Assuming that the radio is open-channel or something...

"I'm not sure I'm equipped to fix you, really. I'm a medic, not a mechanic. If your braincase has been fucked I might be able to find a way to preserve it?"

Radio works fine. A little bit staticky when calling people on other floors, but otherwise fine.

And your med skill does cover repairing mechanical systems used to maintaining human life, even those in robot bodies.

Switch to radio.
"One of you please explain what's going on for the simpletons that may be listening on this frequency."

On radio now.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2017, 04:44:57 pm »

Welp, go use my las rifle to push the next room's door open
"So, are we done here? Seems that we've disabled security, gotten acess to the cameras and discovered some strange shit. Seems we're done."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2017, 05:09:32 pm »

"Negative, we still need access to their database to complete the mission. Also, I need a medic to come down here. This guy is real heavy to just drag up these stairs."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2017, 06:12:25 pm »

"Leave him, he's a dick."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2017, 06:20:09 pm »

"Look, we can't leave him. We might be able to complete this mission without anyone dying. We'd look less incompetent than the brass expects us to be."

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »

walk up to an active turrent and poke it by myself (was fun but ive lost interest)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:36:11 am by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2017, 08:57:29 pm »

Get myself killed (was fun but ive lost interest)
((Or you could not do something that can potentially screw over the team, and just have the character controlled by the GM/follow around without doing anything until they get back to the ship and re-stasised. Generally having the character die intentionally is a poor way to leave an RP.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2017, 12:42:59 pm »

Welp, go use my las rifle to push the next room's door open
"So, are we done here? Seems that we've disabled security, gotten acess to the cameras and discovered some strange shit. Seems we're done."

I assume by "next room" you mean the one connected directly to armory, room 8 in the map below.

Spoiler: Level 2 (click to show/hide)

That door is unfortunately securely locked. It doesn't open simply by pushing, be it with your laser rifle's butt or not. [Gen. Know: 5] And shooting it won't work either. Its slightly reflective surface indicates good amount of laser defense, and being metal and possibly thick too renders gauss weapons equally ineffective. Not to mention the turret here is still operational, even if it currently ignores your presence. Security system may not take property destruction very well, especially in important location such as an armory.

walk up to an active turrent and poke it by myself (was fun but ive lost interest)

All right.

You jump up and give the turret barrel a slight tap. It doesn't react. You try again, a bit harder. No reaction. "Third time's the charm", you muse and put more strength into your punch, making sure to not use the hand with kin amp.

This time you get a reaction: the turret swivels around to point your face. There's a sound of something breaking, kind of electric zap from somewhere in ceiling, and then nothing. No bullets, no sudden death. But when you try move around you find the turret still tracks you. Hmm.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2017, 01:00:24 pm »

Follow the people to level 4
"someone help me destroy the turret"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:18:52 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 26, 2017, 09:34:21 am »

"I believe the room we need to complete the mission will be on level 4. Anyone feel like coming with me over there?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 26, 2017, 09:44:13 am »

"Once I patch up the hurt guy, I'll be over."

Go find [Egan's character], see if I can help them out.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 26, 2017, 09:50:09 am »

"Hmmm.  Something is compromised here."
Check the doors.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2017, 10:01:22 am »

"All right then, I'll scout ahead. Don't forget to come check on me, there might still be active defences on level 4."

Move to level 4 and go check room 6, with the red text flashing on the screens. Make sure to double check for active defences before entering the room, though. If there's nothing in there that's going to kill me, check out the computers.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2017, 02:57:49 pm »

Follow the people to level 4
"someone help me destroy the turret"

You patiently wait for someone to take the lead, feet restlessly tapping floor.

"Any time now!"

"Once I patch up the hurt guy, I'll be over."

Go find [Egan's character], see if I can help them out.

He was stated to be downstairs, wasn't he? You walk out of the armory, past waiting Vik to the stairs and down to next level where you find Citotp's broken body. Huh, he's quite mess. Let's diagnose him and see if there's something to do.

[Med: 1] Hmm, this part isn't necessary. You don't quite remember what the part was called, but it's leaking fluids and that's bad. You rip out all tubes connecting it to the rest of the body and throw it away. Then you rip out few more redundant parts, plug tubes and slap some instantly hardening covering from your kit to cover and support remaining bits. All done! Better not turn on his systems yet in case he tries to extract revenge on Grits.

[Citotp End: 6] Sudden and complete sensory deprivation takes you by suprise, but you hold on despite of rapidly increasing drowsiness. Must be part of treatment, you reason. Just hold on a little longer and you can go back punching Grits.

"Hmmm.  Something is compromised here."
Check the doors.

Doors open just fine, despite of general stiffiness and lack of maintenance. The hallway behind the door is also completely normal, flickering lights and all. Did they already complete the mission and ditched you here? Bastards...

"All right then, I'll scout ahead. Don't forget to come check on me, there might still be active defences on level 4."

Move to level 4 and go check room 6, with the red text flashing on the screens. Make sure to double check for active defences before entering the room, though. If there's nothing in there that's going to kill me, check out the computers.

Stairs connecting levels 1 thru 3 do not extend to level 4. It makes sense, probably all the most important systems are down there, so giving straight path from surface to there may not be wisest bunker design choice. And there wasn't anything like access point on north side so you figure it must be on southern side.

You go down to level 3 Vik following you like a puppy, past Joanna, Citotp's still frozen body and pile of mechanical bits leaking fluids. Elevator door next to stairs is still bulged out. First door past elevator seems to lead infirmary of some type, judging by its white and clinical appearance. Looking the map you put together earlier, first doors in east are gym, armory and possibly general offices, so that leaves you two unknown doors. You walk over there and check them out.

First one is clearly a shooting range. A very long room with clearly marked "stand here" spots and "no walking" zone. Not your goal. Vik and other violent types might like it though. That leave's one, no wait, two doors. There's a sliding door type identical to the broken elevator and a sturdy one not unlike the one protecting western stairwell. You shrug, might as well check in order you noticed them. You leave the potential elevator door for last in case sturdier one doesn't yield what you want.

Unfortunately it is locked tightly. As is the possibly elevator door. Both want some access key.

Spoiler: Level 3 (click to show/hide)

Now, back in the armory.

[Maya Dex: 2]
[Maya End: 1]

The turret fires single round. Maya doesn't even notice. Contents of her skull mostly exit the suit explosively. ((You're ded ded.)) Then turret turns around and shoots at Bastien.

[Bastien Dex: 2]
[Bastien End: 2]

Bastien twitches before collapsing on floor new large hole in his chest. ((You're ded.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:03:17 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23