Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 41854 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Surprisingly competent
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2017, 03:03:40 pm »

"Are you sure you're a real medic?"
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2017, 03:13:57 pm »

((Didn't I shot the turret in the armor?))
Go punch a hole in the wall next to the door pankaek is by before checking out the firing range for loot and/or shoot

"Here let me help you get access to that."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2017, 04:42:20 pm »

"Yeah. Usually work on fleshies though. Don't worry, just making sure your brain doesn't get fucked up first, you know? The body's replaceable, but your brain goes and you're gone. Sensory deprivation will be over in juuuust a bit"

Well, let's continue to medic. Properly, hopefully.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2017, 04:44:18 pm »

Go punch a hole in the wall next to the door pankaek is by before checking out the firing range for loot and/or shoot

I don't see any shooting related actions. I had to go nearly a month back before I found it. Yeah, you did shoot it. But Pancaek also shut it down on same turn so...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 28, 2017, 07:24:19 am »

Creep into the hallway.  Look for survivors.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 28, 2017, 05:50:18 pm »

Back off and let whatshisname punch the door, see if that doesn't make it so I can get safely inside. If yes, go inside after checking for defences and check the place out.

If no, go and check out the general offices first.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all
« Reply #306 on: July 30, 2017, 12:42:43 pm »

Sorry for missing a day. I found a good novel and couldn't stop reading it.

Punch a hole? With your bare fist?

[Str: 6]
[End: 2]
[End: 6]

You deliver exoskeleton powered punch on concrete wall with your bare first bereft of slightest protection. The result is predictable. You break your wrist and shatter bones in your hand. Bone shards pierce skin and tear tendons. You stare you mangled fist and fail to comprehend what happened.

Seriously. What did you expect to happen?

"Yeah. Usually work on fleshies though. Don't worry, just making sure your brain doesn't get fucked up first, you know? The body's replaceable, but your brain goes and you're gone. Sensory deprivation will be over in juuuust a bit"

Well, let's continue to medic. Properly, hopefully.

[Med: 5] Now that you think about it, wasn't that his brain case you threw out? ...yeah, it is. That's bad, he's probably dying at the moment. Oh well, everybody makes mistakes. But better fix this one quickly before he dies.

You rip out the plastic covering you placed and put the brain case back along with other parts you threw out. Jeez, Grits really did some serious damage here, not to mention all the damage you did without thinking... You have to hotwire a lot of stuff and despite of all juryrigging you can't restore everything. Some systems are simply too broken. For example his right leg is completely frozen from hip down. Everything above artificial neck i But at least the body works mostly and he won't die due lack of nutriets and oxygen. Unless he already did. Quickly, run diagnostics...

[Citotp End: 1]

>Skeletal system: Head; missing, Chest: minor damage
>Musculature: Chest: minor damage
>Sensory systems: Partial functionality
>Internal performance limiters: Online
>Life support systems: Functioning
>Brain-case: Secure
>Organic controller: Dead.

*sigh* ...talk about wasted materials.

Creep into the hallway.  Look for survivors.

The hallway is empty aside from creepily blinking lights. Last you remember other people were in the northern room so you quietly walk that way and check the room. Huh, looks like ceiling have collapsed without you noticing. You can see pair of limp arms sticking from under the rubble. And someone's upper body... ugh, looks like a big metal grider fell on them and neatly cut them half at waist height. Judging by blood stains and trailing guts they managed to crawl little away before succumbing to their wounds. What unpleasant way to die. You suppose that explains radio silence.

Back off and let whatshisname punch the door, see if that doesn't make it so I can get safely inside. If yes, go inside after checking for defences and check the place out.

If no, go and check out the general offices first.

He magnificently breaks his hand against wall. You really shouldn't expect anything sensible from your so called teammates. You leave him swearing alone.

The offices looks just like they looked from security camera feed. Holes in walls from gun fight and pair of slashes on floor by some cutting weapon. Chairs have crumbled long time ago and desks are still barely hanging. Two still have computer resting on top, but third has fallen to floor though desk. You are unable tell by glance if they still work. Chances are they do, since other computers did too.

We have one dead, two temp dead, one suffering from stasis paralysis, one in his own world and one majorly hurting himself. That leaves only two fully functional people and one partially functional.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 30, 2017, 03:53:48 pm »

I think that having an out-of-skull experience and then rolling a 1 for End probably counts as permanent death. Most people who can be brought back at least have the benefit of still having a nice sturdy shell of bone and/or metal.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 30, 2017, 03:57:15 pm »

Quickly cut a hole in the wall with las rifle before following pancaek
"SCREW YOU WALL! I HATE YOU! TAKE LAS RIFLE DICK!"

(To egan: yeah, organic controller is dead)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 31, 2017, 09:23:08 am »

Allrighty then, double check there's nothing in the room that's going to kill me. Then try to power up one of those computers and see what I can access from here.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2017, 04:24:58 pm »

"...Well, he's dead, but salvageable I think. That could have gone much better, but it also could have gone... worse. So anyway, is there anybody I have to stop from bleeding out?"

Prop up the temp-dead guy on the wall so we don't forget him, go meet up with Pancaek's character I guess.

((I mean, he's dead but the brain is intact and I *think* that's enough to revive again. I think the 5 on the medical roll was enough to get the braincase working enough to avoid decay? That's how I interpreted the post at least.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2017, 03:56:51 pm »

Quickly cut a hole in the wall with las rifle before following pancaek
"SCREW YOU WALL! I HATE YOU! TAKE LAS RIFLE DICK!"

(To egan: yeah, organic controller is dead)

[Con: 4] You spend 15 seconds firing laser rifle with only one hand on the door. As soon as you are done you can kick it in, big chunk of metal clattering down the dark stairwell. Oh right, all lighs have turned off and you don't have any lights.

Allrighty then, double check there's nothing in the room that's going to kill me. Then try to power up one of those computers and see what I can access from here.

All lights you can see in the facility go dark. Oh well, it's a good thing you have your helmet lights still on. Suprisingly enough the first computer you try boots up, but unfortunately displays an error message: "Server actively refused connection". The second computer says exactly same thing. Third one doesn't work.

"...Well, he's dead, but salvageable I think. That could have gone much better, but it also could have gone... worse. So anyway, is there anybody I have to stop from bleeding out?"

Prop up the temp-dead guy on the wall so we don't forget him, go meet up with Pancaek's character I guess.

((I mean, he's dead but the brain is intact and I *think* that's enough to revive again. I think the 5 on the medical roll was enough to get the braincase working enough to avoid decay? That's how I interpreted the post at least.))

((Yeh, he's braindead but cell decay won't start any time soon since you fixed the nutrient system. So he's salvageable even if you recover only the brain case. But then again it's four hour trip back to the shuttle.))

All lights shut off while you drag Citotp's body into the door frame. As long as you trip on him you probably will remember pick his brain up. With that done you follow Grits' tracks down to southern hallway where you can see his lamp light glowing from office room. He seems to be staring some computer displays there.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2017, 08:13:51 pm »

Go help pancaek with what ever he's doing
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:41:49 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2017, 04:40:02 pm »

"Seems like we're going to have to get this uppity server to give up it's secrets in person. Anyone that's still alive and feeling like helping out, feel free to come with to floor 4. "

I'm assuming the stairway that just opened up leads to floor 4? If so, go down there real careful, slow and steady and checking corners all the while. Also try to avoid the little circular robot while I'm there, just in case it's a nuke roomba or something.

Head for room 7, the one that had all the camera feeds. See if I can access data/facility functions there, and also if I can open the door to the unmarked room without camera's and a reinforced door.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2017, 03:39:21 pm »

Go help pancaek with what ever he's doing
"Seems like we're going to have to get this uppity server to give up it's secrets in person. Anyone that's still alive and feeling like helping out, feel free to come with to floor 4. "

I'm assuming the stairway that just opened up leads to floor 4? If so, go down there real careful, slow and steady and checking corners all the while. Also try to avoid the little circular robot while I'm there, just in case it's a nuke roomba or something.

Head for room 7, the one that had all the camera feeds. See if I can access data/facility functions there, and also if I can open the door to the unmarked room without camera's and a reinforced door.

Yep, it's a stairway down.

You head to the newly opened stairway where Vik stands triumphantly. Both him and the medic follows you down as you take the lead. These stairs are longer than the previous ones, it may be easily over 50 meters in total height, turning back and forth repeatedly until you finally reach a door to fourth level. Stairs do continue down to fifth level too, but all the interesting stuff is here. The door opens easily, but all lights are off on this level too unlike when you checked through security cameras.

[Intu: 2]

It's fine though, you have your own lights. There's no light, no sound, no movement other than your own, and of your followers' (In particular Vik's moaning and sharp gasps everytime he makes too hasty movements with his broken hand). Bit creepy, but nothing particularly weird. Though it would be annoying if there was power failure. That would make it considerably harder to download any data. You silently creep towards your goal until you stand in front of room 7 door. Above it is engraved text "Climate Control". Huh, this is first time you can find any written indication about what any room might be for. Well, the door is locked, suprisingly enough.

Spoiler: Level 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Level 4 (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23