Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 42654 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all
« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2017, 05:27:32 pm »

"Tell me if you want me to unlock a door for you."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 05, 2017, 06:59:52 am »

"It's cool, I doubt we can find much in the climate control anyway. Let's try that control room."

Try to enter room 1 and see what's up, being cautious all the way.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 05, 2017, 04:10:23 pm »

"I left... whatever his name was in the hall. Temp-dead, if we grab him on the way out." Joanna notes as she arrives with the others. She may as well follow the guy... she was hardly a good fighter, but she was one of the only able-bodied ones they had. "Did anyone pick up one of the others' laser rifles or something...?"

Follow behind Pancaek's character. Cautiously.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 05, 2017, 05:07:27 pm »

"It's cool, I doubt we can find much in the climate control anyway. Let's try that control room."

Try to enter room 1 and see what's up, being cautious all the way.

Room 1 is too locked. Suprisingly.

"I left... whatever his name was in the hall. Temp-dead, if we grab him on the way out." Joanna notes as she arrives with the others. She may as well follow the guy... she was hardly a good fighter, but she was one of the only able-bodied ones they had. "Did anyone pick up one of the others' laser rifles or something...?"

Follow behind Pancaek's character. Cautiously.

Cautious following Grits in darkness. Don't stare his ass too much, headlamps may give it away.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 05, 2017, 07:37:09 pm »

Shoot open door 1 for the guys
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 05, 2017, 07:45:11 pm »

((Good times))

Any survivors around?  Dave will not be happy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 06, 2017, 06:04:39 am »

Stand back while my teammate tries to open door 1, watch his 6.

If he manages to open it, go inside and see what's up.
If he doesn't manage it, see if there isn't a less invase way I can open this up with some elbow grease and jury rigging.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 06, 2017, 06:04:16 pm »

Yeaaah, let's get out of the way of the guy trying to laser open a door.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2017, 02:10:08 pm »

Dunno how I managed to miss a day...

Shoot open door 1 for the guys

Since Grits is keeping eye on surroundings and Vik doesn't have his helmet anymore, it's up to Joanne to provide light for Vik.

[Con: 1] Lasering door lock is precision work so you need your both hands for this. Unfortunately you forgot your right hand is a concentrated ball of broken pain and you end up swinging your laser around very dangerously, wasting last watts in the battery.

[End: 6]
[Joanna Dex: 6]

You cut off your right leg, but don't even notice it. Your focus is entirely focused on your broken right hand and swearing flowing from your mouth would make even most experienced space sailor blush.

Joanna notices incoming swing and dodges it just in time. She jumps on Grits who wasn't prepared for tackle, and both end up on floor akwardly piled.

Number of functional people is dropping rapidly...

Stand back while my teammate tries to open door 1, watch his 6.

If he manages to open it, go inside and see what's up.
If he doesn't manage it, see if there isn't a less invase way I can open this up with some elbow grease and jury rigging.

Judging how you were tackled on floor and stream of curses Vik shouts you assume he failed. Trying to ignore the fact Joanna fell on your ass and the fact Vik is very rapidly bleeding out you get up and check the lock.

[Aux: 5] Perhaps you should always try to bypass locks using your own skills first rather than relying violent approach your teammates seem to prefer. Seriously. All it takes is pulling case of the electronic lock open and fiddle little bit with wires and circuits and boom! It's open.

On the computer screens you manage to see number of graphs representing atmospheric conditions in various rooms and some other data about life support condition around the base, most almost on red. Then screens go dark as computers lock themselves out.

((Good times))

Any survivors around?  Dave will not be happy.

No living survivors around and you are not sure if you count as one either.

Oh, and lights went out just now. You are left in complete darkness in collapsed room with your late teammate's upper half as your only company. Then, sounds of little legs. Hundreds little skittering legs. Very familiar sound. You have heard this before, back when your feets were burned off. Remember? Those hungry little bastards?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2017, 05:11:50 pm »

"MEDIC FIX MY HAND IT HURTS LIKE A BITCH! FUCKING DOOR I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!"
Grab cut leg, be mediced
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:42:01 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2017, 10:05:57 am »

"Oh no you don't. Guys, I'm starting to think we're being watched by some kind of security. No way these things just happen to lock out right as we enter the room."

Hurry over to one of the screens that hasn't locked out yet and try to gain acces/stop it from doing so. If succesful, see what I can access/do from here.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2017, 07:32:07 pm »

"Hey, don't move if you want me to be able to help!" Joanna says, pulling out the Advanced Kit and starting to treat [Spayzak's character]
Sigtext!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2017, 05:08:06 pm »

"Oh no you don't. Guys, I'm starting to think we're being watched by some kind of security. No way these things just happen to lock out right as we enter the room."

Hurry over to one of the screens that hasn't locked out yet and try to gain acces/stop it from doing so. If succesful, see what I can access/do from here.

Computers got locked all at the same time. An attempt to restore them only gives you same error as before: "Server actively refused the connection".

"MEDIC FIX MY HAND IT HURTS LIKE A BITCH! FUCKING DOOR I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!"
Grab cut leg, be mediced
"Hey, don't move if you want me to be able to help!" Joanna says, pulling out the Advanced Kit and starting to treat [Spayzak's character]

[Med: 6] Vik is certainly in bad shape here. With his femoral artery cut he's bleeding out very soon and then he will be just another dead weight for you to carry. Even if you manage to keep him alive you (or Grits) still will end up dragging him and his exoskeleton all the way back. Better reduce that dead weight to minimum right away.

You take out your monoatomic razor and cut off his head. Now he doesn't have to suffer about his broken arm either. And if you liberate his exoskeleton it's going to be so much easier to get bodies and brains back. Its funny how it keeps standing despite lack of head.
Old sigs.
Games.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2017, 05:09:42 pm »

((Goddamn sixes.))
Sigtext!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 11, 2017, 05:29:49 pm »

((Spazy just fucking slow claps to this magnanimus display of medical professionalism))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23