Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 67403 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Nowhere smiled. The bloody thing was finally operational. Null wouldn't need to bother with using preexisting random junk anymore. Now he could use freshly made random junk for his death match!
~~~
Seeing as I have my loot generator working, I'm running a Looter's Delight deathmatch.

What is this? You start out with a random piece of loot. Something randomly generated.

The loot you start out with is Tier 1. In order to obtain higher tiers, you need to kill people and take their loot. Two Tier 1 loots can be merged into a Tier 2. Three Tier 2 loots can be merged into a Tier 3. Four Tier 3 loots can be merged into a Tier 4. Five Tier 4 loots can be merged into a Tier 5 loot, which will win you the game if used right.

As of Turn 50.5, there are some gameplay things you should know. Fusions into loot up to Tier 3 is covered by human sacrifice: a player corpse can be consumed to fuel that fusion, one corpse per fusion. Fusions into higher Tier loot require the randomly appearing fusion pit. Travel between islands can be affected by use of Archways, one per island. A player corpse sacrifice allows for one trip, while a loot sacrifice allows for a number of trips equal to the loot's Tier plus one.

Signing up is simple: fill out this sign up sheet(a waiver for your character).
Name:
Description(optional):

It's as simple as that. No abusable stats for you.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:49:34 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Hm.

Ash Hong
Asian in appearance, he wears a nice suit in black and red. His eyes are also red, and the ends of his black hair look like they're smoldering (they're not; no matter how much you cut them, the coloration will come back almost immediately). He styles himself a runesmith, though he is not unwilling to use the more common arcanery.

My first action: go northwards!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Oh goddamnit you know I can't resist these.

Name: Derm.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IT'S DERMONSTER! ALL HAIL!

I read all of RtRtD. You're freaking awesome:D

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile

Name: DrM
Description: A very m-ish doctor

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IT'S DERMONSTER! ALL HAIL!

I read all of RtRtD. You're freaking awesome:D

My legend lives on :v
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

IN!

Name:...Just call me Blue.
Description: Wearing a blue shirt, jeans, blue hair, blue half-gloves,...red eyes. Male.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While I wait for two more players to show up, how about I generate your loots?
Credit to Fniff's Aspects list, which is heavily used.
~~~
Ash Hong
Asian in appearance, he wears a nice suit in black and red. His eyes are also red, and the ends of his black hair look like they're smoldering (they're not; no matter how much you cut them, the coloration will come back almost immediately). He styles himself a runesmith, though he is not unwilling to use the more common arcanery.
Ash Hong receives an apple. It seems to shine in a non-physical way.

Derm receives a revolver and a pouch of appropriately sized bullets.

Name: DrM
Description: A very m-ish doctor
DrM gets a mini T-Rex... made of cloth and leather. It's definitely alive and obedient, but not likely to be a good minion. On the flip side, it seems appropriately shaped to be a sling for throwing rocks and whatnot.

Name:...Just call me Blue.
Description: Wearing a blue shirt, jeans, blue hair, blue half-gloves,...red eyes. Male.
Blue gets a small wooden box. Opening it, they find that the box doubles as a radio and it's full of six throwing knives.
~~~
EDIT:
Looter's Delight Notable Quotes Hall of Fame:
If you find a quote you think is notable in the turns and actions, suggest it to me and I may put it here!
is time to save dino-friend. Run to Ckaeyod and hit him in the head with the [very magical] chalice until he dies.
Ash Hong promptly ripped off... oh come on, not again! At least it wasn't chest skin this time.
Looter's Delight: A Haiku

Murder kill maim screech
Loot steal plunder win triumph
Death failure lose end
"Is everyone I try to kill related to Rasputin?"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:27:24 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ash Hong
Ash Hong receives an apple. It seems to shine in a non-physical way.
Um...
While I travel northwards, attempt to use a scrying rune to determine this item's properties. It's kinda important that I do that, I think.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Tune in to a good radio station (how about some indie jams?), and try to throw a knife at the apple-wielder!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! Now with actual loot generation!(4/6)
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 07:24:01 pm »

This seems like a fair and balanced initial start! :D

Also I dont think actions can be submitted yet.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 07:28:07 pm »

Name: Curtis
Description: A man in a safari hat and khakis.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 07:34:16 pm »

While I travel northwards, attempt to use a scrying rune to determine this item's properties. It's kinda important that I do that, I think.
Magic isn't really possible without loot specialized for the purpose. Old fashioned experimentation is fine, though.

You can submit actions, but you may want to wait until you know the entirety of who you're facing.
~~~
Name: Curtis
Description: A man in a safari hat and khakis.
Curtis gains a shield slightly shorter than his arm. The shield has a brown gemstone in its center(on the side meant to be receiving blows), along with a button in its center(on the other side).
Generic Arms Race.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! Now with actual loot generation!(5/6)
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 07:40:02 pm »

Name: Ckaeyod
Description: An average-looking man in shiny, silken silver robes.

That's it, really.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! Now with actual loot generation!(5/6)
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 07:48:02 pm »

Charge at Ash Hong with my shield and press the button after hitting him.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38