Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 68049 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! Now with actual loot generation!(5/6)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 07:51:33 pm »

Name: Ckaeyod
Description: An average-looking man in shiny, silken silver robes.
Ckaeyod gets an odd multi-tool looking thing. Its focused on being a kukri knife, but it also doubles as a ruler, level, hammer, a holder of a few dozen nails, screwdriver, and a holder of a few dozen screws. A murderous DIY guy's dream.
~~~
6 people appear in a flash of light around a circle of stones.

A man in a purple trench coat appears in a bigger flash of light. "Here's how this is going to go. Kill each other, get loot, merge loot until you get Tier 5, toss it in the pit, win the game. Got that?"

Before anybody can respond, he vanishes, and all traces of not being willing to kill vanish in a puff of magic.

Begin.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Going North. Before anyone can interfere with me.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

So, is there an arena or?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, is there an arena or?
Floating island.
Sorry, I'm not drawing anything. But here's a description.

The map is a flying island, just like the first Looter's Delight. Unlike(?) the first Looter's Delight, the flying island is roughly circular.

The center is a plains biome with a stone circle in it. You spawn around the stone circle. Within the stone circle is a glowy pit. Tossing the necessary loot to create a new loot into the pit will get you the new loot. Tossing loot into the pit in a different manner will merely fully heal you. In addition, tossing a Tier 3 or 4 loot into the pit will give the next player to spawn, along with you the next time you spawn, a Tier 1 or 2 (respectively) bonus loot to start with, and tossing a Tier 5 into the pit will win you the game.

West of the center is a desert biome.

East of the center is a hills biome.

North of the center is a forest biome.

South of the center is more plains.

The corners are occupied with a barren wasteland. And sharp rocks.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile

JrM and I will be fleeing east.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Name: Frank [Of course. I love Frank. He's such an easy character to write.]
Description: Frank is a little bit kooky. He's an average age male with a slight stubble and a bit of a limp to his right leg.

If I must choose a waitlist.... C!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Grimmy
Description(optional): A reaper (actually just a normal guy in a hooded cloak with a cheap scythe that will break pretty much instantly after/when it is used)

Waitlist B, please.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

Slide forward on my shield towards Blue and hit the button when I get within a foot of him.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

Spoiler: GM (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me too, but I'm not in the game yet, so I don't think that it'll matter.
Spoiler: @Derm (and only Derm) (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Turn 1: Two In the Hole, Two In the Circle, Two Elsewhere

((Some notes about initiative: I'm taking a slightly different approach to it than in my previous games. I'm still rolling d100, but the closer an action is to another action, the closer together they actually are in the time frame, meaning you can get something like shooting somebody in the back as they run away even if their init is higher than yours if your inits are close together. Secondly, some actions may have their different parts occur at different inits. For example, the action "Take careful aim at player and then shoot" would have the taking aim be before the actual shooting, but something could happen in between the taking aim and shooting.

Strategy!))
INIT:
Glass/Ash Hong(97)
Dermonster/Derm(80)
DoctorMcTaalik/DrM(45)
OceanSoul/Blue(43)
Yottawhat/Curtis(54)
Mallos/Ckaeyod(98)

With scarcely a blink in between their actions, Ash Hong and Ckaeyod began the death match.

Going North. Before anyone can interfere with me.
Ash Hong immediately made a northwards dash. Nobody else was close enough in the timeline to interfere, so needless to say he made it to the forest, safe from harm.

Spoiler: GM (click to show/hide)
Ckaeyod had something different in mind.

His target? Derm. To think that he had the courage to attack such a legend...

Slash Accuracy!(3) vs. Derm Dodges!(5)

The knife came around... and Derm twisted out of the way with ease, unharmed.

Perhaps jarred into action by the slash aimed at him, Derm was next to act.

Despite having being slashed at, he had a different target in mind. Derm pulled his revolver up, leveled it at his imitator, DrM, and pulled the trigger.

Gunshot Accuracy!(2) vs. DrM Evasion!(2)

Derm failed the shot. Which was good for DrM, seeing as DrM failed to dodge whatsoever.

Curtis also had an aggressive action in mind.

Admittedly, nobody saw much sense in it.

Slide forward on my shield towards Blue and hit the button when I get within a foot of him.
Slippery Shield?(5)

Surprisingly, the shield was optimized for sliding use. Curtis got on the back on his shield and kicked off, sliding towards Blue, who, seeing a definite lack of Ash Hong...

Radio Station Finding(3)

Turned the radio station to some decidedly not indie jams.

I Will Slide Towards You On My Shield!(4) vs. No You Won't!(3)

Curtis wasn't paying much attention to his foe, but he stayed a straight course. Meanwhile, Blue didn't notice Curtis until it was too late.

Shield Potency(3)

The button was pressed. A faint bit of light seemed to echo from underneath the shield. Probably from the gem. Then the earth underneath Curtis and Blue seemed to vanish into nothingness, leaving a small pit behind.

Fall Resistance, Curtis!(4)
Fall Resistance, Blue!(2)

Curtis took the fall fairly well, only being a little shaken by it. Perhaps because his shield hit the ground first.

Blue, on the other hand, got a twisted ankle.

Meanwhile, DrM and his lovable dinosaur sling minion...

JrM and I will be fleeing east.
Simply fled to the east, unburdened by harm.
~~~
Statuses:

Spoiler: Ash Hong (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DrM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Curtis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ckaeyod (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 1: Two, Two, Two.
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 10:10:53 am »

Go further north, to the edge between the forest and the rocky wastes.
Collect branches on the way.

Plans are had.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38