Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 67904 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 22: Contestant Disqualified
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2017, 08:34:37 am »

Turn 23: Slow and Steady

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(31)
NAV/Dave Blade(24+20=44)
PaPaj/Pondy(70)
zilzo/DOOMBOT-3000(30)
Person/Raphael(10)
flabort/Flabort(39)
Feathered Steak Golem(19-30=0)

Pondy decided he wasn't going down without a fight.
Go after Blue and punch the shit out of him

Fist!(6) vs. Dodge!(2)

It was a linear direct death blow.

Fist!(3) vs. Resist!(5-1=4)

Blue barely managed to catch the blow, however.

Dave Blade was off and running earlier than he should have been able to.

"Keep it busy, scarf guy. I need a few seconds."
Run away (using super running boost mode if I can manage). Save my mental/magical/spiritual/physical/emotional energy by not activating my powers while running away from the slow golem.
Use my scroll to identify the ugly amulet (please PM).
Tune the damaged wooden radio to an appropriate adrenaline pumping boss fight station (for the morale bonus) and turn the volume up.
Get ready to fight!

The funny thing was, even though Dave didn't use his alcohol boost, he still ran faster than normal away from the golem. Once a decent distance had been acquired, he took cover behind a boulder and recited the litany written on his scroll. Hm.

He then pulled out his radio box and flicked it on.

Music!(3)

There might have been something playing. He wasn't sure. Needed to tune the station a bit.

And then a lot of stuff happened at once.

Flabort took a reactive stance, focusing on defense.
Sorry, friend.
Dodge the Dino-sling, and protect self from chalice with friend cloak. If I get caught in the sling, use the axe to cut myself free. And finally,
 if possible, try and cut Doombot's hands off with the axe.

Blue did much the same.
Anticipate/predict Doombot's movements, and dodge, then use his foreseen momentum against himself. If unable to counter like this as an action, just shoot him point-blank after a dodge.

DOOMBOT, on the other hand, went on the offensive.
throw dino-sling at Flabort then while he is trapped pour the contents of the chalice in him.

DOOMBOT wasn't really focused on him at all, Blue noted, so he just opened fire.

Fire!(3) vs. Dodge!(4)

The pellet barely missed. DOOMBOT was still in motion, unaware of what happened.

Dino-Throw!(6) vs. Dodge!(2)

The dinosaur sling, dead, served its master once again, trapping Flabort underneath it. He cursed and readied his axe, but by then it was too late, DOOMBOT was upon him.

Pour!(2) vs. Dodge!(3-1=2)

DOOMBOT realized there was no acid left in the chalice. Well, he could always pour more...

Axe!(3, 6, 5, 1 = 5)

The dinosaur was extremely damaged, a single axe stroke was all that was needed to cut it away.

Raphael didn't like the idea of fighting the golem close up, but decided to do it anyway. In a distractive manner.

"I'll do what I can, but this thing is pretty big. I'll try to figure out what it's capable of first."

Take evasive manuevers to lead the golem away from Dave. Use the shield form as needed.

Raphael focused only on dodging and leading the golem away.

The golem was fairly slow, but Raphael was slow to react. Before long the golem was upon him.

Fist of the Steak Golem!(2-2=0) vs. Dodge!(2+1=3)

Raphael's dodge was sloppy, despite his focus. It was a good thing the golem was so slow.

Close to the steak golem, Raphael took the chance to examine it. Humanoid, 9 feet tall, covered in feathers... smells delicious, actually cooking itself... well.

~~~

Statuses:
Spoiler: DOOMBOT-3000 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pondy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 23: Slow and Steady
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2017, 08:38:49 am »

I believe that, since I was unable to counter Doombot's movements (since he didn't attack), I should have gotten an attack in.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2017, 08:49:17 am »

More Acid Avenge Dino-Sling.

If that Doesn't work just hit someone with the chalice that thing is still titanium and thus very hard.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2017, 09:14:44 am »

Tackle Blue and start punching the shit out of him
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2017, 10:41:10 am »

"Lets turn this golem into hamburger meat."

Throw a knife at the golem. Aim for a weak point like a joint or sensory organ. Try using alcohol boost on my arm while throwing!

Run away if it gets close.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:37:11 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2017, 03:46:28 pm »

"Lets. Wonder if it tastes like chicken?"

Use the scarf to tear at its legs, in order to make it even slower.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2017, 06:15:25 pm »

I believe that, since I was unable to counter Doombot's movements (since he didn't attack), I should have gotten an attack in.
I rolled for you and it failed.
DOOMBOT wasn't really focused on him at all, Blue noted, so he just opened fire.

Fire!(3) vs. Dodge!(4)

The pellet barely missed. DOOMBOT was still in motion, unaware of what happened.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 19, 2017, 06:16:30 am »

Try and axe Doombot's arms off. Protect myself with Friend Cloak.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2017, 06:59:11 am »

Shoot Doombot, or if he is dead, Flabort.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2017, 09:11:29 am »

Turn 24: In Which The Slingshot Works

INIT:
OceanSoul/Blue(89)
NAV/Dave Blade(31)
PaPaj/Pondy(96)
zilzo/DOOMBOT-3000(15)
Person/Raphael(38)
flabort/Flabort(18)
Feathered Steak Golem(71-30=41)

Pondy had basically the same thing on his mind.

Tackle Blue and start punching the shit out of him

Tackle!(2) vs. Dodge!(1)

Pondy ran forwards and... grabbed Blue's hand. He was much too stunned by this failure to start punching.

Blue didn't mind this at all.

Shoot Doombot, or if he is dead, Flabort.

Shoot!(5) vs. Dodge!(1)

The pellet, for once, struck its target right in the center of his forehead.

Will Save!(1-1=0)

And for once, the pellet's magical effect took hold immediately.

Damage!(2) vs. Resist!(3-1=2)

Though the pellet didn't do anything else.

A universe over, a Feathered Steak Golem was fighting Scarf Guy and Blade Guy, his nemeses!

"Lets. Wonder if it tastes like chicken?"

Use the scarf to tear at its legs, in order to make it even slower.
"Lets turn this golem into hamburger meat."

Throw a knife at the golem. Aim for a weak point like a joint or sensory organ. Try using alcohol boost on my arm while throwing!

Run away if it gets close.

Golem Smarts!(5)

The golem thought for a moment. Perhaps attacking the guy who could run away so fast was a stupid idea. Therefore, he would start with the other one. The one with the cloth thingy.

Fist!(2-2=0) vs. Dodge!(4)

It was a shame it was so slow, though, as Raphael easily got out of the way.

Raphael then retaliated.

Affinity!(1) vs. Dodge!(1-2=-1)

Or at least tried to. The fact that the golem didn't even try to dodge was irrelevant when his scarf refused to obey his command.

Blade Throw!(6) vs. Dodge!(6-2=4)

Dave Blade, on the other hand, tossed a knife at the golem's face. His alcohol powers didn't seem to help, but they weren't necessary. The blade hit dead center.

Damage!(1) vs. Resist!(3)

Then the knife bounced off. Of course.

Bleed?!(3)

Dave Blade had managed to aggravate slightly his hand wound in the process of throwing the knife.

A universe over, Flabort and DERPBOT were fighting.

Try and axe Doombot's arms off. Protect myself with Friend Cloak.
More Acid Avenge Dino-Sling.

If that Doesn't work just hit someone with the chalice that thing is still titanium and thus very hard.

Axeing a Question!(2) vs. Dodge!(4)

Flabort's axe swing missed.

Stupid Interpretation!(4)

DERPBOT decided that he needed to get vengeance for his dino-sling! By melting the axe guy's axe! Surely that would be vengeance!

Acid Affinity!(1)

He thrust his chalice forwards and nothing happened!

~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: DERPBOT-3000 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pondy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
Generic Arms Race.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 24: In Which the Slingshot Works
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2017, 09:31:40 am »

DERPBOT Tries to drink the chalice acid, maybe he was using it wrong at along
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2017, 09:46:54 am »

5 more blades to throw where that one came from. Throw them with my non-injured hand.
Then try again tuning the radio to a proper boss fight music if I get the chance.
Run away of course if the golem gets close.

"Scarf guy, could you hold a knife with your scarf and use it like a knife whip?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2017, 02:44:05 pm »

My pellets are Idiot Balls! Well technically, SHOOTING them makes them Idiot Balls, probably, but you know what I mean.

Blue was sure that Doombot was about to do something stupid. Then another stupid thing, if he survived the first. And so on. This...This was the true power of the slingshot. This power...will let me actually have a chance!

"Derpbot, you're left with an empty cup and a dead dinosaur. Tell you what, if you give me both of those, I'll give you a 'shot from me!"

Essentially, Trick Derpbot into giving me his loot, then shoot him with slingshot to fufill my end of the deal. Afterward, run to center and throw all loot in pit.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2017, 05:18:48 pm »

"I can try!"

Grab the fallen knife with the scarf and start swinging.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2017, 01:20:48 pm »

Repeat what i tried before
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38