Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 67390 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 1: Two, Two, Two.
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 10:18:16 am »

ThrowStab a dagger into this guy's chest. Keep one at the ready, in hand, in case he gets too close. How wide is this hole, anyway?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:54:54 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2017, 10:41:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2017, 10:46:09 am »

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2017, 10:46:29 am »

How wide is this hole, anyway?
Wide enough that you're very close together and getting to medium range isn't really an option.

Bonus: it's deep enough that you could climb out with time(well, your ankle might make that difficult) but you're probably not doing to be doing it while somebody else is in the pit with you. A bit more than your height.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2017, 10:48:46 am »

Tackle Blue and excavate more ground from underneath us.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 10:52:26 am »

We're on a floating island! We'll fall through...eventually. Also, making edit to prior action.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 10:53:42 am »

We're on a floating island! We'll fall through!
I'll enjoy reading what comes of this. We have no idea how deep the island actually is, though; it could be a full mile thick. You're not going to fall through it going 6 feet at a time.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2017, 11:34:52 am »

Name: DOOMBOT-3000
Description: a normal human with parents that weren't normal, was planning to change his name before ending here.

Going for wait-list D.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2017, 12:42:03 pm »

We're on a floating island! We'll fall through!
I'll enjoy reading what comes of this. We have no idea how deep the island actually is, though; it could be a full mile thick. You're not going to fall through it going 6 feet at a time.
Well, I didn't read FOU's reply to my question before posting it, so I realized soon enough afterward to edit it to acnowledge the depth without the edit showing.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2017, 01:44:11 pm »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2017, 04:45:07 pm »

Name: Dave Blade
Always wears shades. Mysterious.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2017, 07:06:05 pm »

Name: Raphael
Description: Looks far more like the painter than the turtle.

Add me to the shortest waitlist. If a tie exists, pick at random. Phew, glad I found this relatively early. Honestly, I think my game kinda died but I'm going to try to keep going with it.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2017, 07:08:55 pm »

Turn 2: Basically the same as before.

INIT:
Glass/Ash Hong(83)
Dermonster/Derm(12)
DoctorMcTaalik/DrM(40)
OceanSoul/Blue(12)
Yottawhat/Curtis(40-10=30)
Mallos/Ckaeyod(69)

For what it was worth, Ash Hong acted first. It wasn't worth much, though, seeing as he was not involved in any conflicts at the moment.

Go further north, to the edge between the forest and the rocky wastes.
Collect branches on the way.

Plans are had.
(East)

Ash Hong headed to the east border between forest and rocky waste. Along the way, he gathered branches.

Gathering Nature(2)

Or at least tried. The most he could gather were a few twigs. The rest were out of reach, or perhaps undetected.

The bizarrely named Ckaeyod was the next to act, and far before Derm did anything, too.

Hammer Time!(5) vs. Derm Dodge(2)

The blow was right on target, Derm not defending...

Headshot!(3) vs. Derm Resist(1)

And needless to say if it was a stronger strike, it could have caused serious damage. It still hurt, though.

Meanwhile, DrM was exploring the hills.

Locating Suitable Ammunition(6)

And gathering stones along the way. He found the perfect stones, by the way. Jagged, appropriately shaped, in approximately the same area...

They were good. DrM picked one of them up... then dropped it in surprise from its weight.

Noise(2)

The sound was loud and clear. Then DrM heard something. Something that made him a bit afraid. There was a cave near these rocks. And something was coming through it. Probably because the noise woke it up.

Meanwhile, Curtis was launching an assault on Blue.

ThrowStab a dagger into this guy's chest. Keep one at the ready, in hand, in case he gets too close. How wide is this hole, anyway?

Radio Survival(6)

Something about the fall shifted the station the radio was turned to. It began blasting indie jams, Blue's favorite... at rather high volume.

Tackle Him!(1) vs. Stop Him!(4)

The move towards Blue part of Curtis' assault went well. Aside from the part where it left him open to a stab, anyway.

Counterattack!(3-1(imperfect defense roll)=2) vs. Don't Get Stabbed(6)

Seeing the blade flashing towards him, however, Curtis leaped back... directly against the pit wall. Leaving him still wide open, and with a little pain in his back besides.

Shank Him!(5) vs. Don't Get Shanked(5-1(6 on dodge roll)=4)

Blue's stab, however, was very ineffective.

Damage!(4) vs. Resist Damage!(4)

As in, it didn't work at all. Curtis managed to get his shield in between Blue and him just in time.

At roughly the same time as Blue's second attack, Derm was expressing his anger for being sliced at.

With a gunshot.

Aim!(4) vs. Dodge!(4)

Which missed. On the other hand, Derm's attempt to get more distance in between him and Ckaeyod was successful. The center stones made excellent cover.

~~~
Statuses:

Spoiler: Ash Hong (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DrM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Curtis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ckaeyod (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. Also, if you have any tips for improving my writing, let me know.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:39:05 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Continue moving to the edge of the wastes, continuing to try to gather branches.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38