Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 68078 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Derm's eyes only (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

Punch my shield into Blue's face.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Derm failed an attack avoidance roll by 3 and a damage resistance roll by 2 against a decent melee weapon, but didn't sustain any lasting damage?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Derm failed an attack avoidance roll by 3 and a damage resistance roll by 2 against a decent melee weapon, but didn't sustain any lasting damage?

I wasn't going to point it out unless someone else did, but I thought that was odd as well.
Call it a bias but a solid hit to the head from a hammer usually does more damage than that.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's a mistake. I meant to add a headache status.

Missing one player. Looks like DoctorMcTaalik.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:20:20 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile

Heft one of the rocks. Be ready to toss it at the scary noise thing if I have to.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Turn 3: Bosses and Mutual Failure

INIT:
Glass/Ash Hong(2)
Dermonster/Derm(64)
DoctorMcTaalik/DrM(2)
OceanSoul/Blue(51)
Yottawhat/Curtis(73)
Mallos/Ckaeyod(45)

Curtis was the first to act. Angered by the tiny cut in his shield, he raised his shield and brought it down on Blue's head!

Punch my shield into Blue's face.

Shield Punch Accuracy!(2) vs. Dodge That Shield!(3)

Or at least tried. Keeping a shield raised all the time could be quite arduous... or perhaps the staggering caused by the drop was hanging around.

Before Blue counterattacked, however, Derm had a counterattack of his own to make.

Gunshot Accuracy!(1-1=0) vs. Dodge The Bullet!(6)

It didn't go well. Critical Fail Luck!(3)

As it turned out, Derm's bullet was a dud. Thankfully, it was still ejected from the cylinder.

It was, however, a successful feint. Ckaeyod went into a rolling dodge that would have been perfect if the shot actually went off, but ended up disorienting him.

Meanwhile, Blue was trying to stab his rival.

Among other things.

Vocal Performance!(4)

The other thing was a little bit of performance. Blue, hoping to surprise his rival, broke out into song! It was actually surprising, though it was certain it wouldn't be surprising again.

Stab Him!(6) vs. Block That Stab!(5-1(distraction)=4)

Perfect stab met decent block. And lo, the knife penetrated the shield!

Stab Him!(4) vs. Resist Damage!(4)

And didn't really hurt Curtis at all. To make matters worse, the knife lodged itself into Curtis' shield and Blue's tug failed to get it out!

Ckaeyod was the last of those trying to slay other players in this turn.

Disoriented Charging Commences!(5) ((Normally, you wouldn't have to roll for this.))

Successfully compensating for the disorientation his dodging caused in order to charge, Ckaeyod then brought forth the hammer part of his kukri...

Brain Bashing Commences!(1-1(disorientation)=0) vs. Dodging Brain Bashing!(6)

Critical Fail Luck!(6)

Whereupon Derm used some kind of bizarre martial arts move to almost disarm him of his kukri. Having failed to do that, he merely shoved Ckaeyod onto the ground, then increased the distance between him and Ckaeyod again... whereupon he tripped and fell to the ground in a similar manner.

After all that happened, two more people acted in very different ways.

Continue moving to the edge of the wastes, continuing to try to gather branches.

Gathering Nature, Again!(1)

Ash Hong hoped to find branches. He did, one that looked perfect for his plan. He thought pulling it off wouldn't be a problem.

The Dryad that inhabited the tree the branch was from didn't look very happy.

Heft one of the rocks. Be ready to toss it at the scary noise thing if I have to.

Meanwhile, DrM picked up one of the sharp rocks, hoping to be ready to fight off whatever was coming.

Overwatch!(1) vs. Block That!(4)

In fright upon seeing the Golem that emerged from the cave, DrM dropped his rock.

Foot Durability(5)

Luckily he didn't drop it on his foot.

~~~
Statuses:

Spoiler: Ash Hong (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DrM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Curtis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ckaeyod (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. Also, if you have any tips for improving my writing, let me know.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Apologize! Apologize profusely! There's a bunch of people on this island and they were told to kill each other, and all I've got is this apple, and I have no idea what it does!
Spoiler: For the DM (click to show/hide)
I didn't realize this place was yours, I was just passing by trying to get to the wastes, I promise it was an accident, please don't try to kill me!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:18:26 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

Pull out the stuck knife and shank Blue with it.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile

((Almost thought that that DM spoiler was for me... luckily, I caught myself.))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: For GM's eyes only (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Glass, have you considered...EATING your apple?

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38