Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 67409 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6?/7). Turn 50.5: Reconstruction of the World
« Reply #510 on: November 07, 2017, 05:28:22 pm »

"Gahhuh!? Whazzinthefuck!? Whaddahellhappened!?"
explore cautiously, looking for a working chainsaws, keep my spear ready to strike out at any would be assailants.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6?/7). Turn 50.5: Reconstruction of the World
« Reply #511 on: November 09, 2017, 12:44:50 am »

Search for enemies. Kill them if I find them.

Spoiler: Words probably (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 09, 2017, 09:21:13 pm »

Turn 51: The Game Begins(Again)

INIT:
NAV/Dave Blade(49)
Person/Raphael(79)
Dancing Grape Golem(44)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(83-20=63)
Yottawhat/Willam A. Drango(71)
ATHATH/Spoopy(90)
Edgar(28)
Frogbear(29)
Failbird105/Rich Maximillian McMoneybags(44)

Spoopy the Skeleton had a brave new world to explore! Just after he overclocked his minion.
Give my bearfrog the "omnipotent" quality, then have it give me godhood.

Regardless of whether or not the above succeeds, have a nice chat with the bearfrog. What is its name?

Then head to the South Island's dungeon.

Spoopy looked at his minion, and pushed the concept of omnipotence into it.

The frogbear began to glow. The glow grew until Null appeared and slapped the bear on its back! The bear started coughing. "It's not going to be that easy." The bear promptly coughed up three gemstones. Spoopy would have examined them, but the coughs were so forceful the gemstones went flying off... Spoopy bet they were heading to the other islands...

What Spoopy needed to do was obvious. He would recover the gemstones and unite their power, returning the bear's full power to it!

Null vanished, leaving Spoopy to talk to his new minion.

Animal Communications!(2)

Spoopy had no idea how to understand bears. Odds were the bear would follow his orders at least... but he couldn't ask the bear its name!

Dungeon Search!(1)

Once his bear minion was ready to go, Spoopy wandered the island in search of the dungeon. He didn't find what he was looking for.

Critical Luck Fail!(1)

No, he found something, or rather someone, he definitely wasn't looking for.

Perception!(5)

Spoopy turned a corner and saw some man in a Captain America costume, eyes filled with hate. It wasn't a surprise, but what surprising was what happened next.

Shield Throw!(5+1=6) vs. Dodge!(1) ((What the heck random.org.))

Shield Throw!(5, 1 = 5+1=6) vs. Resist!(1) ((This is borked.))

A spinning metal shield, a star in the center, thrown by the man, flew through the air and struck Spoopy in the face, knocking him onto his back. Owww...

The shield curved back through the air and was caught by Captain America. That was no costume, no impersonator. The real Captain America was somehow on Null's island and for some reason wanted Spoopy dead.

Raphael didn't have such a problem to deal with.

Search for enemies. Kill them if I find them.
After giving his minion some covert orders, Raphael walked away, searching for foes.

Search!(1)

Raphael took a few steps before noticing that he was about to step into a pit full of snakes.

Reflexes!(2)

Into the snake pit he went. He was mentally prepared enough, though, that he would have a chance to escape before the snakes got at him...

William A. Drango tilted his revolver, examining it.
Reload my (meta?) revolver and tap it against my broken longbow, see if it changes or takes an aspect from the bow.

William refilled his revolver with fresh bullets, then tapped it against his longbow.

Intuition!(5)

Nothing happened. Perhaps it had a specific trigger in order to occur?

Capko Eagleson was not in a good mood.
Tear off part of my clothes and use them as bandages for my chest wound. If that doesn't work, then search nearby for anything that can be used as bandages. If that doesn't work out, then as a last ditch effort, approach one of the cupcake statues and lick it while hoping that it heals me.

Clothing Bandages!(3)

Capko reached at his clothes... examined them... he decided to see if he could find something else to use as bandages first.

Search!(6)

Capko wandered away... and found a mysterious staircase leading down. Climbing it, he found a hallway with several skeletons in it. There was something that looked like a medical kit next to one of them, but it was rather suspicious that there were all those skeletons in that one hallway...

Dave Blade and his Dancing Grape Golem proceeded to secret loot testing!
"Finally a small reprieve."
PM loot testing.

While that was going on, Rich McMoneybags started exploring the island he was on!
"Gahhuh!? Whazzinthefuck!? Whaddahellhappened!?"
explore cautiously, looking for a working chainsaws, keep my spear ready to strike out at any would be assailants.

Look!(5)

How silly of him. There was a good-looking chainsaw right next to him!

Rich dug it out of the ground, and revved it up. Not much fuel left, but it was working.

The Frogbear opted to protect its master!
Quote from: Frogbear
Special attack!

Glare!(5)

The frogbear glared at Captain America, who felt some magic spread through his body...

Edgar, while he had his secret orders, felt that his master would appreciate being rescued from the snake pit more.
Quote from: Edgar
"I'm coming!"

Escape Pit!(3, 6 = 6)

Edgar ran over to the pit Raphael fell in, pulled him up...

Reflexes!(1)

And then promptly fell in the pit himself!

Snakes!(2) vs. Why Did it Have To Be Snakes!(3)

Luckily, it seemed like the snakes were asleep...

~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: William A. Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoopy The Skeleton (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue The Third (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Captain America (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6?/7). Turn 51: The Game Begins(Again)
« Reply #513 on: November 09, 2017, 09:57:35 pm »

Investigate my surroundings for traps. Proceed cautiously toward the medkit. If I can retrieve it, then cautiously return upstairs. Use the medkit to bandage up my chest wound. If at any time I sense danger, rush out back upstairs.
Insert witty signature here

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 09, 2017, 09:59:25 pm »

Use my scarf to grab something sturdy outside the pit. Then, pull on it to raise us out of the pit. If the scarf doesn't work, we'll just get out normally.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 10, 2017, 09:49:12 am »

Have a sword fight with ninjas. Definitely what's happening in this PM, not just more loot testing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 10, 2017, 08:14:04 pm »

Head up a floor and see if anyone or anything is up there.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 11, 2017, 03:36:52 pm »

jab the ground with spear, see if that does anything.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 12, 2017, 05:19:29 pm »

I suffered two 6v1 rolls against me and I didn't die?

You've gone soft, Fallacy.

Ask Captain America why he wants to kill me. If he doesn't give a good reason/continues to attack me/if it would be appropriate, get up and cut Captain America with my knife.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 16, 2017, 10:01:17 pm »

Waitaminute I have all actions. OceanSoul's still absent, though. I think I'm going to auto replace him this turn.

Turn 52: Knives Everywhere(in one place)

INIT:
NAV/Dave Blade(84)
Person/Raphael(48)
Dancing Grape Golem(26)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(4-20=-16)
Yottawhat/Willam A. Drango(We have our first 1 in INIT! Anyone who proves me wrong with a quote gets a free Tier 1 loot.)
ATHATH/Spoopy(23, 69 = 23)
Edgar(83)
Frogbear(60)
Failbird105/Rich Maximillian McMoneybags(17)
Mystery Initiative Roll(29)
Captain America(7)

Dave Blade was having a sword fight with ninjas. Definitely not any secret loot testing.
Have a sword fight with ninjas. Definitely what's happening in this PM, not just more loot testing.

Meanwhile, Edgar was trying to climb out of the snake pit with Raphael's help.
Quote from: Edgar
Climb out of the pit with Raphael's help.

Affinity!(3)

Raphael whipped his scarf around and tried to wrap it around a nearby boulder, but couldn't get it to go far enough. Undaunted, he used old-fashioned muscle power.

Climb!(4, 1 = 4) ((Advantage because you're both working together))

While Edgar nearly stumbled and fell back down, Raphael managed to pull him out of the pit.

Spoopy's Frogbear went on an ursine offensive against the hero Captain America.
Quote from: Frogbear
Tooth and claw!

Maul Him!(5, 1 = 5) vs. Dodge!(4+1=5)

The Frogbear charged Captain America, striking with his claws, but Captain America managed to block with his shield.

Raphael helped Edgar climb out of the pit.
Use my scarf to grab something sturdy outside the pit. Then, pull on it to raise us out of the pit. If the scarf doesn't work, we'll just get out normally.

It worked.

Somebody was doing something.

The Dancing Grape Golem was helping Dave Blade sword fight with ninjas(either that or just watching Dave Blade test loot).

Spoopy the Skeleton groaned in pain...
Ask Captain America why he wants to kill me. If he doesn't give a good reason/continues to attack me/if it would be appropriate, get up and cut Captain America with my knife.

Willpower!(1-1=0)

Spoopy was in far too much head pain to do much of anything.

Rich McMoneybags was curious about his loot.
jab the ground with spear, see if that does anything.

He raised his spear to the sky and jabbed the ground!

... nothing happened.

Intuition!(3)

And he had no idea why.

Captain America had nothing but murder on his mind.
Quote from: Captain America
Kill the bear!

America Punch!(5+1=6) vs. Parry!(4)

Captain America threw a right hook, hitting the frogbear in the chest.

America Punch!(2+1=3) vs. Resist!(5)

The frogbear was easily capable of bearing the force of Captain America's blow, even with his super strength.

William A. Drango explored.
Head up a floor and see if anyone or anything is up there.

William climbed up a staircase. Nobody. Well, there were the skeletons. Long dead, though, and not many.

On the subject of things, there were all sorts of office supplies around. Pristine. William could see a pot of coffee, cold and unconsumed. Whatever had happened, it happened fast.

Capko Eagleson wanted that medkit. Badly.
Investigate my surroundings for traps. Proceed cautiously toward the medkit. If I can retrieve it, then cautiously return upstairs. Use the medkit to bandage up my chest wound. If at any time I sense danger, rush out back upstairs.

Search For Traps!(4)

Capko looked through the hallway. Now that he thought about it, there were quite a few large slits in the walls, floor, and ceiling. He thought he spotted a few pressure plates, too. Odds are there were some more he didn't see, though...

Caution!(5, 3 = 5)

Capko cautiously walked through the hallway, avoiding the pressure plates he knew about. He reached the medkit without incident, and claimed it.

Caution Reversed!(6, 6 = 6)

Capko returned. Just before he reached the stairs, he stepped on a pad. He instinctively sprung forwards, dodging a butcher knife that shot out of the wall. The knife hit the floor, hitting another pressure pad.

In an instant, it was chaos. Knives were shooting everywhere in the hallway and setting off more knives. Probably would have been lethal if he tripped it...

Eventually, the knives stopped shooting, and retracted back into their slits, pulled by thin cords.

Medicine!(4)

Capko took a large bandage from the medkit and used it to stop his torso's bleeding. Odds were he could do more with the kit, though. He was so injured...
~~~
In a flash, Blue was replaced by Phlorizin.

A bo-staff dropped into his hands, to join the whip he already had.
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: William A. Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoopy The Skeleton (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Philorizin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Captain America (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:42:18 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 52: Knives Everywhere(in one place)
« Reply #520 on: November 17, 2017, 05:19:34 pm »

Search the office for basic supplies like a bag, a pair of scissors and duct tape.  Especially duct tape.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 52: Knives Everywhere(in one place)
« Reply #521 on: November 17, 2017, 09:10:01 pm »

Ninjas are no match for my new blade.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 18, 2017, 02:28:07 am »

Use the med kit to patch up the rest of my injuries.
Insert witty signature here

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 20, 2017, 11:55:12 am »

Seek out and kill non-snake enemies.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 27, 2017, 09:05:25 am »

Missing ATHATH, Failbird, and Phlorizin.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38