Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 68090 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Turn 4: How Is He Even Alive?

INIT:
Glass/Ash Hong(17)
Dermonster/Derm(28)
DoctorMcTaalik/DrM(79)
OceanSoul/Blue(67)
Yottawhat/Curtis(88)
Mallos/Ckaeyod(36)

The first to act was Curtis. It wouldn't be long before Blue followed.

Pull out the stuck knife and shank Blue with it.

Knife Pulling!(6)

Curtis, seeing a useful object stuck in his shield, grabbed it and pulled it out! At the expense of his hand, which was now bleeding.

Shank!(5) vs. Evade!(6)

Perfect stab met perfect dodge. Or rather, missed. On the other hand, Blue's dodge aggravated his ankle.

Willpower(1)

Which caused him to collapse in agony.

In a rather different context, DrM didn't particularly want to fight the Golem...

((Almost thought that that DM spoiler was for me... luckily, I caught myself.))

Diplomacy With A Rock!(2)

DrM's attempt at non-aggression failed. No action made any difference to the fact that the golem was advancing. On the other hand, DrM didn't provoke it at all, and perhaps he still had time to run away.

Blue would be next if he wasn't in agony.

Instead, Ckaeyod and Derm were up.

They acted at much the same time, but Ckaeyod had a minor advantage. Not enough to hit Derm while he was down, though.

Spoiler: For GM's eyes only (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was certainly enough of an advantage that Derm couldn't run off before being whacked at. Or in this case, sliced at.

Kukri Slice!(6) vs. Dodge That!(2-1=1)

Kill Him!(6) vs. Resist Damage!(1)

Critical Hit Luck!(5)

((... a new legend is born?))

Well, it wasn't so much a slice as a stab. A stab that hit Derm in the throat.

Since I Dislike Instakills, Have One More Endurance Roll!(5) ((Seriously, I don't like it when otherwise fine people are killed in a single turn. On the other hand, even with this 5, you're basically dead anyways.))

Perhaps channeling sheer legend in order to stay alive, Derm didn't immediately die. On the other hand, there was now a kukri knife lodged in Derm's throat.

Willpower(4-1=3)

Derm managed to focus enough to power through some, but not most of the pain, then promptly raised his arm and fired a round at Ckaeyod.

Accuracy!(6-3-1=2) vs. Dodge The Bullet!(4)

The gunshot would have finally hit Ckaeyod if not for the pain Derm was going through.

Apologize! Apologize profusely! There's a bunch of people on this island and they were told to kill each other, and all I've got is this apple, and I have no idea what it does!
Spoiler: For the DM (click to show/hide)
I didn't realize this place was yours, I was just passing by trying to get to the wastes, I promise it was an accident, please don't try to kill me!

Meanwhile, Ash Hong was engaging in some far less violent action.

Nature Diplomacy!(3)

The Dryad listened carefully. Then answered, in a not immediately hostile manner... "Why should I forgive you? Why should I aid you? What can you give me?"

~~~
Statuses:

Spoiler: Ash Hong (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DrM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Curtis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ckaeyod (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. Also, if you have any tips for improving my writing, let me know.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 4: How Is He Even Alive?
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2017, 11:04:39 am »

Fight through the pain! Another stab!

Spoiler: GM (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2017, 11:10:21 am »

...I'm not sure, actually. It is 100% fair for you to not believe me. Just... please, give me the benefit of the doubt. You don't need to aid me one single bit, just, I would like to keep being alive.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2017, 11:41:14 am »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2017, 12:07:27 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2017, 12:46:30 pm »

Excavate the ground behind Blue downward at a angle and push him back.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:17:40 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2017, 04:02:59 pm »

Spoiler: GM's Eyes Only (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2017, 06:24:53 pm »

For Derm's benefit, in response to his action:

Mainly because his action is based on a mistaken assumption.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2017, 06:32:20 pm »

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2017, 06:42:27 pm »

FOU, I have a question...
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2017, 07:08:17 pm »

Turn 5: Blood and Wine

INIT:
Glass/Ash Hong(28)
Dermonster/Derm(92)
DoctorMcTaalik/DrM(13)
OceanSoul/Blue(54-20=34)
Yottawhat/Curtis(11)
Mallos/Ckaeyod(31)
Golem(27)

Derm, drawing power from his legend, was first to act.

Somehow... How?!(6) ((mental action, doesn't really require willpower on same scale as physical actions))

Derm realized that by throwing the gun into the fusion pit, he could regenerate his health and deny his opponent the gun!

Manage To Fight the Pain!(2)

It was a brilliant idea, with only one problem. Why was everything sideways? Why couldn't he move? And why AARGH THE PAIN!

Meanwhile, Blue and Ckaeyod were taking action.

Fight through the pain! Another stab!

Spoiler: GM (click to show/hide)

Curtis was already in motion, so Blue had to act fast.

Box Open?!(5)

Luckily the radio knives box was already open. Blue grabbed a knife from within and thrust his blade at Curtis' chest!

Stab Him!(1-1=0) vs. Block It!(6)

Critical Fail Luck!(1)

The knife point struck the brown gemstone in the center of the shield. Somehow, this set the shield off!

Shield Potency(1)

Causing a little bit of ground underneath Blue to disappear.

Fall Resist(2)

It didn't go too badly. Blue was merely knocked down a notch. Lying down. Vulnerable.

Getting back to Derm's finale...

Spoiler: GM's Eyes Only (click to show/hide)

Ckaeyod stared down Derm's body. Almost dead. Almost dead. Just a little longer.

Well, that was a scary glare.

Before Curtis finished his attack, however, Ash Hong was negotiating with a Dryad.

...I'm not sure, actually. It is 100% fair for you to not believe me. Just... please, give me the benefit of the doubt. You don't need to aid me one single bit, just, I would like to keep being alive.

Negotiation!(2)

The Dryad listened. "There is only one bit of mercy I have for you. A head start."

At least he had the chance to negotiate. The Golem and DrM didn't do any such thing.

Quote from: Golem
Intruder detected. Implement standard combat protocols.

Golem Cast Fist!(5) vs. Dodge That!(6)

The Golem's high-velocity fist was dodged by an effective rolling dodge. A disorienting rolling dodge.

Run Off!(3) ((Normally I wouldn't roll.))

That disorientation stopped DrM from getting all the way out of the hills. The Golem was still pursuing him.

Finally, Curtis decided to take advantage of Blue's painful blunder.

Excavate the ground behind Blue downward at a angle and push him back.

Shield Potency(2)

The ground beneath Blue disappeared. A little bit of it, anyway. Blue could probably easily escape if he was in good shape... which he wasn't.

Fall Resist!(3)

Blue's already twisted ankle flared up in response to the impact. (Agonized persists)

Derm, with his last bit of energy, glared down Ckaeyod, and resolved to return. Eventually. Then he died.

At the same time as Derm's death, a new combatant appeared. Dave Blade, the mysterious sunglasses man, had arrived.

A bottle of wine promptly fell into his hands. It was red.

~~~
Statuses:

Spoiler: Ash Hong (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm's Corpse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DrM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Curtis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ckaeyod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. Also, if you have any tips for improving my writing, let me know.

FOU, I have a question...
See the OP.
To answer the questions:
The loot stays in existence.
It's not replaced.
Though killing a boss will generate a new piece of loot.
Stealing is an option.
It may be possible that the loot mechanics may be influenced by loot, but such abilities will be rather rare.
Generic Arms Race.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2017, 07:09:23 pm »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 5: Blood and Wine.
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2017, 07:11:14 pm »

... you're kinda dead.

If you're trying to take an action even though you're dead, I can roll for comedic purposes, but it's probably not happening.
Generic Arms Race.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2017, 07:18:19 pm »

...If I were to move Derm's arms so that he threw the loot into the pit while dead, would that technically count for him? Anyway, I can keep fighting! Throw the knife at his head this time. Would it be possible to break his shield?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2017, 07:23:54 pm »

Leap up and slam dunk my shield onto Blue's head.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38