Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Clown Breeding Program [spoiler]  (Read 5249 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Clown Breeding Program [spoiler]
« on: May 16, 2017, 10:01:56 am »

So I may have accidentaly captured some demons in a closed off section of my fort before moving them into an air lock via a bunch of cats. Looking for ideas what to do with them in terms of traps.

They were origionaly three demons but have now bred to be twelve. They have a firey breath.

edit: First, fixed the autocorrect failures and will post photos later tonight when I have the time
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:06:21 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clown Breeding Program [spoiler]
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 10:10:39 am »

Well, this can only end in awesome, fire, tears, blood and death.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 10:15:26 am »

Well, this can only end in awesome, fire, tears, blood and death.
Well, so far, since the demons have been released the ammount of dead in my fortress is nearing 1000. Most of it being cave creatures killed by the demons and the cats. Though I have probably lost around two hundred dwarves to the initial demon outbreak.

all but  10 of those others are demons.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:19:57 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 01:52:36 pm »

well, don't ypou just love it when your save gets corrupted due to power issues.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 02:33:18 pm »

well, don't ypou just love it when your save gets corrupted due to power issues.
Wow, it always seems to happen with these interesting threads.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 03:01:06 pm »

Wow, it always seems to happen with these interesting threads.
I did get an old save of it running, been working to set everything back up, now I'm just waiting for a seige to test it.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 08:05:48 am »

Holy shit, I didn't even know demons could breed. Can they be traded and butchered too then? Because if that's the case you could have an amazing industry of them.

If not, which I expect, I'd make something involving cages (trap them using webs or caveins to knock them out and remove their trapimmune) and fortifications alongside the entrance of your fortress. When gobbos arrive, let them out and watch them rain fire on all that dare to enter. But don't forget to have some sort of recapturing mechanism.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 08:38:39 am »

Holy shit, I didn't even know demons could breed. Can they be traded and butchered too then? Because if that's the case you could have an amazing industry of them.

If not, which I expect, I'd make something involving cages (trap them using webs or caveins to knock them out and remove their trapimmune) and fortifications alongside the entrance of your fortress. When gobbos arrive, let them out and watch them rain fire on all that dare to enter. But don't forget to have some sort of recapturing mechanism.

No, their parts have a value of 1, though I can let them out and try to recapture them by raising the release air lock and the capture air lock and breaking down a wall to go and put a dog back into the chain. I'll have to provide images but I've not been ble to get on my laptop for some time (gotta love family)
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 11:27:20 am »

- Some clowns can be butchered, but some can not. One reason is that only some are organic, and another is that some are sapient. - They can't be traded as they can't be trained.
- They're stun immune, so cave-in stunning doesn't work. The only way to get them into traps is through webbing (and that doesn't work on web slingers).

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 12:30:39 pm »

the ones I captured are non sentient, non speaking worms with wings. It seems that their hides can be tanned and that they do have some bones and meat.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 10:45:25 pm »

Reminds me of the fire sword.

A sword made of fire demon or something.

Sadly nobody could use it because it burned the hands of anybody who tried to use it.

Vanilla DF, by the way. The first true magical item, in my opinion.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 09:46:19 pm »

Reminds me of the fire sword.

Sadly nobody could use it because it burned the hands of anybody who tried to use it.

This seems like it needs an application of a specially-equipped dwarf wearing all-adamantine clothes underneath adamantine armor.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 08:10:40 am »

PTW
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 11:16:46 am »

Can they be traded and butchered too then?
lol!

lol

Last time I had a crash it actually saved my fort. #DeadlyDust
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 11:22:21 am »

Well finaly transfered the save off my laptop onto my desktop, I plan to play it a bit over the summer and will be able to provide screenshots.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: [1] 2 3