Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When do you think we'll catastrophically fail?

Day 1-5
- 3 (23.1%)
Day 6-10
- 2 (15.4%)
Day 11-20
- 3 (23.1%)
Day 21-30
- 1 (7.7%)
Day 30-50
- 1 (7.7%)
Day 50+
- 1 (7.7%)
I don't know!
- 2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Gridland Survival 2: Where I forget to change titles as the need arises.  (Read 6340 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival 2: Day 1!
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2017, 06:26:58 am »

IRL issues.
it's over

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival 2: Day 1!
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2017, 01:14:03 pm »

ok here's day 3
(The tree is not the last of it's kind. There's potentially more around the world.

Aprima 3, Y1

Food Status:
(Upkeep/Stored/Rationed/Planted)
5/19/0/0
3 DAYS LEFT!

Bernard goes to F6 to forage.

He finds another smack fruit and another branch, this time smaller.

Vigil goes to a large flat rock, and uses it as a butchering station.
He butchers the two fish and the bip, obtaining their meat and scales/hide, and starts wondering how to make a fire.

Grey stomps on the lizard's head. smashing it with the branch just to be safe.

Books keeps foraging to get some purple root-like plants, and starts banging rocks together in hopes of lighting something up, and makes fire!

Jiu tries to gather branches from the tree on F5, but realizes that's a cliff, and instead grabs branches from F6.
She grabs a branch that would be big enough for construction, and starts doing research on getting fish.

Notes - Cooking: Now that you've unlocked the Campfire, why not get some stone and start grilling some fresh, hot Bip Steak on the campfire?

Spreadsheet
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:55:18 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile

Thinking more clearly now, Grey names the now deceased lizard a "Blue Tale".

She then proceeds to use all her labor in foraging.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Vigil takes the time of the day to cook all the meat he has gathered, taking time to look at the various plant matter they have gathered, and trying to see what would taste best with what.
Research: Rationing.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Jiu Xi goes to G5, and tries to gather rocks in the cavern
She continues researching fishing.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Yikes. Gathering is a two question mark research? That's the most basic technology I could even think of! What kind of pre-requisites could I possibly be missing?

GM Error detected: The food section of the spreadsheet indicates we have 19 food, which is different from the amount on the forum post.

Question: How much labor is required to create a tool?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Books continues foraging and researches tools.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bernard is concerned about the dwindling food supplies: It seems that the others were not as skilled at foraging as he is. He decides to put the unintended farming research to use.

Bernard moves from F6 to G6
Bernard crafts a Hoe using Unnamed Branch as Material 1 and Unnamed Branch as Material 2. (Relevant skills: Industrious)
Bernard forages at G6 with any leftover labor after attempting to craft the Hoe.
Free Reseach Ability: Continue research on Gathering
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

Tool crafting costs 2 labor, 3 labor if you want to guarantee a bonus quality level.

Update coming up.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cannot find the part of the rules that specifies how tool labor cost works. Could you please point it out to me? I have never seen anything about a bonus quality level and none of the tools include a labor cost. (I am assuming this is completely unrelated to the Industrious ability).

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... You said the update was coming up four days ago. When should we be expecting it?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

I just don't feel like being able to continue this thanks to annoying IRL issues.
And you'd think this would be averted because of summer...
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sort of suspected this might happen. How unfortunate.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

Combine IRL issues with a short attention span, and your game will only last a few updates.
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]