Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 373163 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #1440 on: October 09, 2019, 04:54:04 pm »

Applying logic to this situation . . .

*pause for laughter*

. . . Matthias said that he did not know of any means to leave the plane of blood. Thus he is either unaware of the ship, or he is unable to use it. What if we can't both travel in it safely? Maybe those skeletons are the remains of hemomancers whose powers were stolen to propel the craft? Matthias did say he would kill us eventually, perhaps he is waiting for our full potential to come to the surface?
Not necessarily.

The ship will have pertinent information on how to operate itself, but it has no need to be able to wax philosophically about the ultimate reasons it was constructed, or to meaningfully explain any of the historical circumstances leading up to its creation, or to warn about any consequences of its activation.
I say we can ask both, starting with Clara III. Then we can compare answers.
Yes, +1 though who is the “other” in the “both?” Matthias, or the corpse we revive if our revival attempt works? OR we ask Clara III, the revived corpse, then Matthias, or Clara III, Matthias, then the revived corpse?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic
« Reply #1441 on: October 09, 2019, 04:55:04 pm »

See, just going by narrative logic and all... I feel like if we don't take Matthias on a big ol' redemption arc now, he'll find his own way out later. Only then he won't be nearly so open to suggestion.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 09, 2019, 04:58:44 pm »

See, just going by narrative logic and all... I feel like if we don't take Matthias on a big ol' redemption arc now, he'll find his own way out later. Only then he won't be nearly so open to suggestion.
I agree with this line of logic.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:01:05 pm by Ultimuh »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 09, 2019, 05:03:10 pm »

Fair point, though I’ve already placed the vote in the poll
+1 to taking Matthias with us
Also, there is still the question of the other both mentioned by Ultimuh
Is it;
Clara III then Matthias
Or Clara III then the revived corpse?
Or could it be all 3 of them, in which case the question becomes

Order of Asking
Clara III, Matthias, revived corpse
Clara III, revived corpse, Matthias
Matthias, Clara III, revived corpse
Matthias, revived corpse, Clara III
revived corpse, Matthias, Clara III
revived corpse, Clara III, Matthias

gcus

• Bay Watcher
  • !!A Strange One!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 09, 2019, 05:06:13 pm »

I agree with this line of logic.
I too find this logical.
Đis and đis are đe letter eđ. It makes đe hard th sound.Ž and ž are đe letter žorn. It makes đe soft th sound, like žink and mož.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 09, 2019, 05:13:56 pm »

Order of Asking
Clara III, Matthias, revived corpse
Matthias, Clara III, revived corpse
Matthias, revived corpse, Clara III
revived corpse, Matthias, Clara III
revived corpse, Clara III, Matthias

Well, As someone mentioned earlier, Matthias probably wouldn't know much, so ask him last.
My answer would be

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 09, 2019, 05:19:06 pm »

My answer would be
Sounds like a plan! +1

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 09, 2019, 05:30:13 pm »

ask both,
Yes, +1 though who is the “other” in the “both?” Matthias, or the corpse we revive if our revival attempt works?

I originally meant Clara and Matthias, because I'm not keen on dealing with even more Matthiases. But you all may vote freely.

And I originally meant something more like if A then B logic. Now that you bring up narrative imperatives . . . listening to the recent Twitch reading reminded me of some old, old stuff that I'd forgotten: namely, that the dwarves in Cityshanks were implicated in biological warfare !!SCIENCE!!. Now I'm wondering if the combined Armok powers of Grawr and Matthias will be required to put down the inevitable release of !!MODDED!! fluffy wamblers.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 09, 2019, 06:47:25 pm »

And I originally meant something more like if A then B logic.

Oh I didn't mean to imply I was using your logic! I'm in my own demented little genre-logic bubble here. :D

klonk
Sigtext

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 09, 2019, 07:28:59 pm »

I don't think we can re-animate the dead, but even if we can I feel that we should not attempt to raise any of the dead hemomancers. I am sure that they are all of higher ranking than we are and they are probably going to be a lot less tractable than Mathias is. If we reanimate any of them they will certainly start exterminating all lifeforms again, starting with us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 09, 2019, 08:32:11 pm »

I don't think we can re-animate the dead, but even if we can I feel that we should not attempt to raise any of the dead hemomancers. I am sure that they are all of higher ranking than we are and they are probably going to be a lot less tractable than Mathias is. If we reanimate any of them they will certainly start exterminating all lifeforms again, starting with us.
Indeed.

Okay FINAL SUGGESTION

Ask Clara the following questions:
- Where are we?
- What is this strange chamber?
- What is the meaning of that pentagram below, and of the skeletons surrounding?
- Who is Azrael?
- Do you know anything about Matthias?
- Is there any way we can return to the blood-lands?
- Is there any way we can return to our own lands?

If this all goes well, we can start to think about going back for Matthias, or maybe even doing something with the pentagram and/or the skeletons below... but first we need information about the situation. To my knowledge, questioning Clara is the safest way we can obtain said information-- furthermore, it's one of the few things most of us can agree on. Let's get that out of the way, and then decide on a proper course of action.

klonk
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 09, 2019, 08:34:49 pm »

Indeed.

Okay FINAL SUGGESTION

- Where are we?
- What is the meaning of that pentagram below, and of the skeletons surrounding?
- Who is Azrael?

If this all goes well, we can start to think about going back for Matthias, or maybe even doing something with the pentagram and/or the skeletons below... but first we need information about the situation. To my knowledge, questioning Clara is the safest way we can obtain said information-- furthermore, it's one of the few things most of us can agree on. Let's get that out of the way, and then decide on a proper course of action.

+1

I'd like to prioritize questions about Mathias and how to go back to our own plane.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 09, 2019, 08:37:54 pm »

Indeed.

Okay FINAL SUGGESTION

- Where are we?
- Who is Azrael?

+1

I'd like to prioritize questions about Mathias and how to go back to our own plane.
+1

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 09, 2019, 10:03:02 pm »

We need to find a way out of this thing so we can go get Matthias, and leave the blood lands.
Matthias was tasked with killing all sapient life. We are sapient life, therefore Matthias WILL try to kill us at some point, therefore Matthias is not a friend, therefore we should leave without Matthias, it will make it harder for him to find us, especially since this ship seems to be the only way out of here. We leave, Matthias is trapped in the
Land of Blood. We need to be smart
Trust in the power of friendship to show Matthias a better way, It worked for plankton. It can work for him.

Vote in the poll above to decide whether or not you bring Matthias with you.

You explore the ship while you decide.

Step in the center of the glowy pentagram thingy.
+1 This can only go well

Clara III says, "Unable to teleport... No class B gate within range."

"What's a class B gate?" you ask.

Clara III explains, "A class B gate works by recording the quantum state of an object and sending that information to a receiving gate where the object is reconstructed voxel by voxel. A class A gate, by comparison, works by folding space-time to connect two points on the space-time continuum. A class B gate is limited by the speed of light and uses a minimal amount of energy. A class A gate is limited only by the available energy at the sending gate."

Your eyes glazed over somewhere after the word "quantum."

- Where are we?
- Who is Azrael?

You ask, "Where are we?"

"You are onboard Clara III parked in the ruins of Pluteum Onerarat on the Plane of Blood."

"What is this chamber I'm in?"

"The chamber contains both the stasis pods for the crew as well as the class B gate."

"What is a stasis pod?"

"A stasis pod slows the metabolism of any creature situated inside allowing the creature to survive in a catatonic state for long periods of time. As you can see from the state of the crew, the maximum time a creature can survive stasis is finite. Rest assured, however, the stasis pods on this ship will keep you alive long enough to reach any plane in the known universe."

"If you take me home will I ever be able to come back to the Plane of Blood?"

"Yes, as long as I have a fuel source."

"What do you know about Matthias?"

"Matthias was an angel of the Blood Covenant. He was a prolific murderer during the Blood Wars. Current status... Unknown..."

"Tell me more about Azrael."

"Azrael was an angel of the Calceus Rebellion and the creator of Clara III. Current status... Unknown..."

"And the crew?" You walk up to one of the stasis pods.

"Angels of the Calceus Rebellion. Current status... deceased..."

"What is that symbol on the floor?"

"That symbol represents the 5 elements: fire, air, water, stone, and blood."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 04:54:15 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 163