Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 373148 times)

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic
« Reply #1725 on: December 23, 2019, 02:59:06 pm »

Interesting! I'm sure Noi has a lot of pressing and urgent questions, but there's one that's more important than all the others:
Why have you brought me here?

And, if an opening appears in the conversation:
How, exactly, did I get here?

Most important is whatever reason our god wants to speak with us, or show us this, or whatever. She wouldn't just want to chat with some random bird person for no reason, I don't think.

As for the second question; some mystery vulture psychosis juice surely isn't powerful enough to time travel/teleport/both(?) us to this place. Unless we're just tripping really hard and none of this is real. Maybe, as the goddess of the sun, she can shed some light on the situation.

There's other things that would make for enlightening conversation, like yeah, why there's so many
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, what's happening to our physical body (if it's not here), and all that kind of stuff, but we wouldn't want to be so rude to our patron as to bore her with endless questions. Then again, we did ask to eat her (and follow through), so she seems to be quite patient.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 23, 2019, 05:52:32 pm »

I also vote that we upgrade our casual worshiper status to "Literally met God".
+1 and sigged

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 24, 2019, 05:44:45 am »

making friends in a time before time could cause a terrible butterfly effect if the
who lived long ago discover its power too early.
Lets do it anyway, maybe with the power of friendship the
wouldn't be so evil and stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Anonylemon

• Bay Watcher
  • We Fight, We Mine, For Rock And Stone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 24, 2019, 08:38:01 am »

"Ah, much better." Asa says. You can hear her clearly now that you are away from the screaming. "Welcome to Unsuspslozgo in time before time."

(*Checking the DF wiki*)
And "slozgo" is the word for "universe" . . . in goblin. (?) While "susp" is the goblin word for "hug."
Edit: First time through missed that "un" is goblin for "cell."

The cell-hug-universe?
The Universal Cell/Prison of Hugs?

I like to think that the point of our vision is more to observe and listen to Asa's story; making friends in a time before time could cause a terrible butterfly effect if the
who lived long ago discover its power too early. Ask Asa why there are so many spoilers about and what happened to them between this time and the one we think of as the present.

Also ask about Caspa, goddess of weather. Since we left an offering in her temple at Robustlashes, we should be a casual worshipper and maybe we can meet her, too?
+1, though the spoilers seem like 4th wall things, so maybe skip asking about spoilers and ask about the other things

+1

I also vote that we upgrade our casual worshiper status to "Literally met God".

+1
Do the vulture people worship you too?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 24, 2019, 01:42:37 pm »

making friends in a time before time could cause a terrible butterfly effect if the

The power of Friendship overcomes all things.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 24, 2019, 01:50:37 pm »

The power of Friendship overcomes all things.

+1

I mean, we have befriended creatures with the goal of exterminating all earthly life before. We can do it again.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 28, 2019, 11:14:10 pm »

I vote that we upgrade our casual worshiper status to "Literally met God".

You are now a literally met god worshiper of Asa Rumorbristle the Stern Silver and a casual worshiper of Caspa.

Why have you brought me here?
Do the vulture people worship you too?
Also ask about Caspa, goddess of weather.

You ask Asa, "Why are we here? I thought that juice was supposed to take us to the vulture men's sacred plane. Do the vulture men worship you too? Will I be able to meet Caspa?"

Asa replies, "It's a quite bit more complicated than that. The vulture men see the pantheons of other religions as aspects of their own gods. What the vulture men call the sacred plane is more of a record of the legends that resides inside us all. Normally, it can only be viewed after death. Yes, Caspa and the others will show up soon. However, you won't be able to interact with them or anything else you see since you are only an observer here."

You ask, "So why are you showing all of this to a random bird person like me?"

Asa replies, "Your soul is one of the few that shines with the power of friendship. A gift the world needs as this era of peace comes to an end. The world lies on a knife's edge with pain and suffering on either side. The chaos you see before you is the natural state of your world as We found it. The world would slide back into chaos if not for adventurers like you."

A teal colored star begins to streak across the sky.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 05:50:45 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 28, 2019, 11:33:17 pm »

Fly towards the stsr

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 29, 2019, 05:03:04 am »

Let us wish upon the star, and wish that it spreads friendship everywhere it goes!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 29, 2019, 05:53:19 am »

Fly towards the star

You fly toward the shiny star. As you grow near it explodes, bathing the realm in azure light. The sky is filled by a massive golden dwarf surrounded by hundreds of smaller golden beings. Many are humanoids flying on griffons or dragons. Others take the form of birds or mammals.

The
recoil from the light.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 05:51:21 pm by MadMonkey »

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 29, 2019, 06:16:35 am »

So the poll has been really helpful in figuring out how to schedule the project going forward. Some weeks I will post smaller updates on Saturdays to get stuff like dialogue out of the way leading up to larger updates late Sunday nights/early Monday mornings. That gives you guys all of Monday to come up with suggestions and the rest of the week to vote.

Also, I forgot about the
so I retconned those in.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 08:57:58 am by MadMonkey »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 29, 2019, 08:05:16 am »

Its like a nuclear bomb going off, but instead of radiation coming out its gods

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 29, 2019, 06:58:33 pm »

I'm quite impressed at how this comic has gotten so epic in its scope. To think it all started with an adorable kobold's humble dreams of stealing an artifact dagger. :P

Of course, I suppose that's the nature of writing most stories. You start small, and just keep building from there.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 07:00:29 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 29, 2019, 07:16:35 pm »

Fly up to the golden beings and observe them. Wave at them to see if they can actually see you, even if we don't expect them to be able to.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 29, 2019, 10:27:09 pm »

Fly up to the golden beings and observe them. Wave at them to see if they can actually see you, even if we don't expect them to be able to.

You get closer and observe the deities. Their clothes, armor, and weapons are made of materials with properties relating to their sphere of influence. Each deity has a golden symbol hovering over their head. You find Asa by her symbol, ☼, the same symbol used to denote dwarfbucks.

You wave at her but she passes by without noticing you. The glowing orb Asa catches up with you. "That is me from the past, silly. She can't see you."

« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 05:52:10 pm by MadMonkey »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 163