Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 380818 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic
« Reply #1920 on: February 11, 2020, 02:29:48 am »

Can we combine them?
”I have living creatures I intend to take to a planet with life. Will you let us pass? There are no hostile intentions”
+1

Uh, had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Also +1 since they’ll probably ask about the high-velocity jerky that flew through the portal
+1 to combining the suggestions. Let's mention the living creatures, then the "weapons system"

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: February 11, 2020, 12:06:11 pm »

Can we at least cosplay as Gwar Solo for that line? We could use hemomancy to shape a vest.

He was wearing a storm trooper's uniform at the time.  But let's make it red this time.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: February 11, 2020, 01:09:55 pm »

oh come on, is this a kobold or is he suddenly Captain Kirk? Or do kobolds all have a tv and watch Sci Fi at home, just like us?

If he conjures any sort of uniform, it should be something from the Dwarf Fortress universe.. disguise as an elf maybe? The Han Solo quote by itself is already a bit of a stretch, but at least it is funny and sort of almost credible (although tbh I don't see how a kobold would understand that a "spaceship" has weapons that can "malfunction").

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: February 11, 2020, 01:16:06 pm »

There's a moon hugging elf on the holoscreen, for Armok's sake!  Gwar evolved from a mortal kobold to a talented hemomancer and planar traveler. 

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: February 11, 2020, 01:36:35 pm »

Yes, but hemomancy is a concept he gradually learned.

He jumped into the spaceship because it was clearly a way out of the world of blood. That still doesn't mean he understands what is going on. He sees a sort of weird elf in front of him right now, yes. The naturel response would be to ask by what sort of dark magic that weird elf suddenly appeared. Nobody explained anything about holoscreens.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: February 11, 2020, 01:47:57 pm »

I think we should consider his disbelief fully suspended after fighting a dinosaur, actually dying, resurrecting on another plane of existence, meeting an actual (murderous) angel, gaining the powers of creation itself, then boarding a craft capable of planar travel with said angel and a tiger and its rider that he made out of blood.

Even so, Clara explained how things work pretty thoroughly. I think he'd immediately understand that this is just more people out in space. Also he's been dealing with screens that show him information since he got on the ship. It's not even a leap, really.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: February 11, 2020, 02:11:15 pm »

Maybe. I don't remember Clara explaining much, but maybe it happened offscreen.

I just think conjuring a Storm Trooper uniform would be taking it a bit far.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 11, 2020, 02:14:42 pm »

I'll just point out...

...it's not like we've tried particularly hard in the past to stay "in-character" with Grawr.  ;)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 11, 2020, 02:45:39 pm »

Just starting from here 
which led to dodge-rolling-shooting-mantis-jerky in space. 

Will make a perfect cue for the Gwar Solo response, "Uh, had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?" 

I can't wait for that delivery in the voice-over if this gets a +1

Anyway, if there are moon elves, then a space faring Kobold adventurer should not be that far fetched in the current plane of existence of Gwar. 

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: February 11, 2020, 03:03:27 pm »

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that we put him in a stormtrooper outfit, tho. The star wars line isn't out of place at all, though.

Silly suggestions are sometimes how we pass the time between updates :3

Quote from: Sanctume
Anyway, if there are moon elves, then a space faring Kobold adventurer should not be that far fetched in the current plane of existence of Gwar.

This is a good point. The space elves probably aren't even fazed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Anonylemon

• Bay Watcher
  • We Fight, We Mine, For Rock And Stone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: February 12, 2020, 06:43:47 am »

Honestly, if things get too crazy I trust Madmonkey to remind us of Craig’s ‘character’. Otherwise I’d roll with any suggestions no matter how insane they are. After all, this is an adventure about a space kobold and a God-chosen kea-girl.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 12, 2020, 10:10:42 pm »

Honestly, if things get too crazy I trust Madmonkey to remind us of Craig’s ‘character’. Otherwise I’d roll with any suggestions no matter how insane they are. After all, this is an adventure about a space kobold and a God-chosen kea-girl.
A space hemomantic kobold that resurrected itself through force of will and blood, remember.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: February 16, 2020, 07:08:10 pm »

”I have living creatures I intend to take to a planet with life. Will you let us pass? There are no hostile intentions”
+1

Uh, had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Also +1 since they’ll probably ask about the high-velocity jerky that flew through the portal

You say, "Let me respond. I know exactly what to say."

"Are you sure?" Clara asks. "My neural networks gives the best chance of success if I handle all communications."

You say, "and make it so the elf sees one of those moving sculptures but instead of me it's a handsome human wearing armor with his helmet off."

"Generating holographic avatar..."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 10:30:51 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Anonylemon

• Bay Watcher
  • We Fight, We Mine, For Rock And Stone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: February 17, 2020, 10:47:55 am »

+1

You say, "Let me respond. I know exactly what to say."

"Are you sure?" Clara asks. "My neural networks gives the best chance of success if I handle all communications."

You say, "and make it so the elf sees one of those moving sculptures but instead of me it's a handsome human wearing armor with his helmet off."

"Generating holographic avatar..."

Inb4 the Moon elf starts firing when it sees a stormtrooper from a very dangerous galactic empire

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: February 17, 2020, 10:49:14 am »

I thought we would have Clara mention that she was carrying lifeforms
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 163