Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 371923 times)

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic
« Reply #2265 on: May 19, 2020, 02:08:05 am »

"Okay! Here goes. Heeeeyup"

The crowd collectively gasps, then murmurs. There are shouts, screams even, as some realize who you are.

*snip*

"Oh great king of the Dwarves, law-giver of the Stone and He of the Mighty Beard, I have traveled across time and space and transcended the boundaries of Life and Death to stand humbly before you as a herald of peace between our people. Your glory and wisdom, and the beauty of your kingdom, have reached the ears of my kind, whose meager caves cannot compare to your great halls. It is my wish to bring the might of your kingdom to even greater glory, and see the legacy of its beauty stand in the far and distant future!"

"It was I who vanquished the great Dusak in this very arena. Yes, I died, but I have returned, and with more than just the abilty to speak. My allies include a fierce and powerful warrior, slayer of countless foes, a goddess from the stars with knowledge and wisdom beyond mortal ken, and a servant whose loyalty has never faltered. We offer our services in exchange for the dagger Tributescar, and the freedom of the goblin, who should be seen as a champion and not as a slave."

You turn to the audience, "Now, everyone, sing with me! F is for-"

The king interrupts you. "You can have the dagger! I'm sure it's just some useless trinket collecting dust in our vault!"

"As for the goblin, only one of you will leave this arena alive!" All of the copper walls slam shut.

[img  width=640]https://i.imgur.com/B8WzrdI.gif[/img]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 07:14:52 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: May 19, 2020, 02:22:53 am »

"Amusing, since I am clearly *ALREADY* dead-- My corpse lies in repose right over there."
*point*

(turn to goblin)

"who would you take more satisfaction killing? Me, the kobold who helped you take down that abomination over there, or that obstinate wazzock on the balcony holding you prisoner here?"

Once again, we need to off this wazzock. He is NOT going to listen to reason; he thinks he is in control of this situation.

Either lash the moron with some blood ropes, and pull him down into the arena as a gift for the goblin, or off him where he stands.  I would suggest force-feeding him the blood soaking the arena floor until he explodes, while chastising him about his lust for the stuff.

Just before he explodes, remind him that "We could have been friends."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:14:25 am by wierd »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2267 on: May 19, 2020, 03:19:35 am »

Noo, not the goblin girl who we knew for all of 5 minutes!  Should have guessed that this would happen.
Well, maybe the dwarves are just racist, but maybe she's actually a mass-murderer.  (Not that we've had any problems with befriending mass-murderers.)

Chat with the goblin while expertly dodge-rolling all of her attacks.  Try and figure out why she's here, and if she actually deserves to die.
If not, try to hatch an escape plan.
Idea: Use the blood of one of the dead creatures to obscure the arena with a blood mist, allowing the goblin to sneak away or hide.  Then create a blood explosion to make it look like she's been magically exploded.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: May 19, 2020, 03:22:29 am »

She has already dropped the fact that she is a captured invader. Let me dig up the dialog...

Quote from: Post #596
The goblin squirms out of the huddle. She says, "I will do what I must to survive even if that means being entertainment for you filthy dwarves."

The other dwarf says, "Please, I just want to go back to my family."

The goblin replies, "At least you get to go free after the fight, and you, champion, why would you volunteer to fight in the pits?"

"for death and glory of course. Now, little one, we have to get you ready for the fight. Would you like to spend our time sparing or in the danger room?"

Basically, how she got there is not stated, only that she wants to survive, even if that means being forced to gladiate. She is not a willing participant here, but she *WILL* kill our reanimated kobold if she thinks it will buy her more time to be alive.

I strongly suggest that we offer her the dwarven king, and a way out, --vs-- continuing to languish in this pen.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:26:34 am by wierd »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: May 19, 2020, 04:00:41 am »

See, this is where Diplomacy gets us. We should have seized the throne for ourselves when we had the chance.
Just kidding.
Attempt to recruit the goblin into your fold.
Flex your arm like you did the first time you met her, she should probably recognize you from that. (If she doesn't already, of course.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: May 19, 2020, 04:18:56 am »

I would suggest force-feeding him the blood soaking the arena floor until he explodes, while chastising him about his lust for the stuff.

Just before he explodes, remind him that "We could have been friends."
+1 Do this because its metal as hell.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: May 19, 2020, 04:51:11 am »

Be sure to remind him, that we are substantive proof that after-lifes exist, and that this lesson is one he should not have to have died over to learn. :P

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: May 19, 2020, 07:08:56 am »

Let’s Drain the King’s blood from him. If he’s out of range, use blood on the ground/dead creatures to make ropes to drag him down to where we are, then drain him

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: May 19, 2020, 07:37:18 am »

I vote for roping the King into the arena since he likes blood sports so much.

But don't drain him yet, give him a chance to get the full arena champion experience, I say.
Like one of those ultimate fan packages with a meet-and-greet and the chance to feel how sharp an adamantine sword really is.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: May 19, 2020, 11:10:20 am »

Using hemomancy, ensure any stabs she attempts only do little damage. Outwardly let her stab you. Say, "You really think mere death is an obstacle to me? I have died already, and I returned within seconds, stronger than before. Killing me again would only be a mild inconvenience for me. However,"
*pull the king down with blood chains*
"I think death may be somewhat more significant to a lesser creature like yourself. Let us test this theory."
Force-feed him the blood soaking the arena floor until he explodes, while chastising him about his lust for the stuff.
Just before he explodes, remind him that "We could have been friends, despite your lesser status than I."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 11:12:02 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

hobotto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: May 19, 2020, 12:49:27 pm »

Stop, shake your head in disappointment with the Dwarven king and strike a non-threatening pose for all to see.

Use this moment to re-kindle the power of your previously nascent friendship with your goblin compatriot. Demonstrate to the king and the crowd that the power friendship is the strongest weapon that is able to do more than simply conquer your foes, instead it can sway them to your side.

While doing so, use your powers of hemomancy to create a beautiful blood rose and hand it to the goblin. At the same time flex your bicep muscle to remind her of that moment you two shared preparing for the arena.

"As I was saying, F is for FRIENDSHIP"

(this is my first post, how do you do greentext? EDIT: Thanks)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:35:32 pm by hobotto »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: May 19, 2020, 01:09:45 pm »

This code
Code: [Select]
[color=limegreen]text here[/color]Becomes this
text here
You can also do it for other colors too, and color=#495739 with the first two numbers being for red, second two numbers for green, and last two numbers being for blue, from 00 to 99 of each. This can also be done with hexadecimal. When using hexadecimal or the 00 to 99 of the colors, put the # sign, shift 3 after =, like shown above, but in brackets
[color=#990099]is a purple, there can be many ways of purples, as long as they are proportions of red and blue[/color]is a purple, there can be many ways of purples, as long as they are proportions of red and blue for example, or you can do other combos too, so long as each of the numbers is 2 digits.
The first set of 2 is red
The second set is green
The third set is blue
You can also use words too, like
[color=lightblue]this, so long as there isn’t a space between the words in the color notification[/color]this, so long as there isn’t a space between the words in the color notification even if it isn’t in the drop down menu at the top of the screen, you can put dark or light in front of a color name to get dark or light versions of the color, also maroon and dark red aren’t quite the same. Which I will show in code and below the code
[color=maroon]I am maroon.[/color] [color=darkred]I am darkred, dark red unless in code[/color]I am maroon. I am darkred, dark red unless in code
Dark red is slightly brighter than maroon

Do you have any questions? I will answer them the best I can
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 01:25:40 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: May 19, 2020, 01:40:01 pm »

Let's just take a moment to collect ourselves.

~king orders us to kill our goblin friend~

V IS FOR VIOLENCE MOTHERF *drowned out by exploding king*

I vote for roping the King into the arena since he likes blood sports so much.

But don't drain him yet, give him a chance to get the full arena champion experience, I say.
Like one of those ultimate fan packages with a meet-and-greet and the chance to feel how sharp an adamantine sword really is.

+1 EDIT: I say yeah, let's pull the king down here and begin our dialogue anew. if he gives us shit, we blow him up eyeballs first.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 01:42:08 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: May 19, 2020, 01:57:04 pm »

I think we should drain him once we pull him down here, we need to kill him quickly. Do we know the goblin won’t try killing us? If she still tries to attack us after we kill the king, drain her too. If we kill the king and she doesn’t attack us, Use the blood that was once in the king to make armor for her, as well as a weapon, and if there;s blood left over, a blood clone of her that will obey her, provided her orders aren’t to hurt us

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: May 19, 2020, 02:04:48 pm »

My idea is that having the king in the arena but not immediately exsanguinated will let the Goblin make a choice of targets, and possibly give Kingy a (brief) time to contemplate the value of friendship in the midst of conflict.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 163