Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 373172 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #600 on: January 06, 2019, 09:59:26 pm »

Easy.

Spar in the danger room.
+1. Danger room or bust.
+1 Push your dodging skill to it's limit!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 07, 2019, 03:44:12 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 07, 2019, 03:59:33 am »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 07, 2019, 07:13:14 am »

Danger zone!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 07, 2019, 02:05:11 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 07, 2019, 03:45:18 pm »

Since I've been designated the honorary Fun Police I feel like I should point out that danger rooms were built for dwarves, not kobolds who are less than half their size and maybe five times as flimsy. The last thing we need is to lose proper function of another appendage or break some important abdominal bone. We're already legendary dodgers and knife users (I think), so to gain armor skills we'd need to sit in there for a while and get the shit kicked out of us by wooden spears. That being said, we're going right into a fight for our lives right after, so being already ground to a pulp would be out of our favor. So, that leaves us with actually learning gladitorial combat, which would be much preferable because we have not won a SINGLE fight if I remember correctly. Try to mime out asking the champion to teach you how to counter basic wrestling techniques, so you don't get your other arm broken by whatever Hulk Hogan level gladitorial wrestlers we come up against don't break every other joint in our body. After that, sparring against an actual target would probably be much more useful than becoming an expert at countering a stationary object. Also, we should probably make our own splint out of extra wooden training weapons and threads from our cloths.

Now, after all of that I've either set up the story so that we get our teeth knocked out by wooden spears or our back suplexed into tiny splinters by Dwarf Hogan.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 07, 2019, 03:58:49 pm »

Also, we should probably make our own splint out of extra wooden training weapons and threads from our cloths.

I like this part. +1
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 07, 2019, 04:00:54 pm »

Also, we should probably make our own splint out of extra wooden training weapons and threads from our cloths.

+1 to this part at least, I'd like to do something to get that arm working better. +2 if amended to use someone else's clothes threads, since we have so little to spare. (I don't mean the goblin either, get your mind out of the gutter.) We could possibly also point to the limp limb to ask for help, in case there are first aid supplies we haven't noticed yet.

But I'm having too much Losing Fun to veto sparring in the danger room.

arkhnchul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 07, 2019, 04:12:32 pm »

threads from our cloths.
we already have stockpile of leather armor here. Armor (both medieval types and present vests) surely contains many belts on it, there is no need to ruin our clothes.

and yeah, armor skill is almost useless with leather armor, which dont inflict encumberance and currently cant withstand nothing except weak attacks like cat bite. If we heading to danger room, its better to find light shield (and do it anyways, currently shield is a big deal to survival chances).

2nd "and" - did no one played dice or MMO games?) we have mighty champion in our party, so just focus on survival and provocation distracting enemy (while dodging around) and let he do his work for his glory.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 04:44:05 pm by arkhnchul »

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 07, 2019, 11:11:31 pm »

Eh, there's always a balance of how seriously to take a story about a DF kobold who can communicate so successfully in the first place. You also have to consider how much plot armor he has and what sort of rails we are on. I suspect it's fairly thick armor because MM gives the impression of having more than vague ideas of where he wants this to go and end. I wouldn't go to the trouble of making language glyphs and then throw it all away the next update because the forum insisted on a silly course that should kill the protagonist and end the story.

If we do want to take it seriously, we can consider whether the kobold understands, cares about or even remembers the mission given by the bearman. I don't remember, but that's probably because of the hiatus. If he does understand, remember and care about the mission (not a given) I'd assume he's looking to escape. Actually, I'd assume he's looking to escape anyway. He's a kobold. The champion right now is a big hurdle and sparring in the danger-room is a chance to manufacture an "accident". A spear coming up out of the ground is basically a trap even if DF doesn't recognize it in relation to [TRAP_AVOID], so I'd argue that a kobold should have little trouble in a danger-room.

Take stock of why you came here in the first place and whether your goals have changed. List those goals in your mind, sort of like if there was an imaginary forum of people following your exploits.
When sparring in the danger room try to make the champion dodge through a solid wall and into a well where he will drown.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 08, 2019, 02:57:25 am »

My hope is that the danger room will leave us so injured they can't help but give us medical attention and we avoid the fight. Alternatively, we could enter the danger room and focus all our energy on dodging through a solid wall into a well. I'm open to both.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 08, 2019, 05:48:10 am »

I would like to take a moment and commend the full animation on the impromptu backflip.

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 08, 2019, 01:10:26 pm »

Quote from: somebodyorother
[something] ... [something] ... danger room.
+1

My hope is that the danger room will leave us so injured they can't help but give us medical attention and we avoid the fight.
Just what kind of fortresses have you been overseeing?
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 08, 2019, 01:53:13 pm »

Remember, danger rooms are no longer so dangerous. I chuck dwarves in there all the time and they end up with only minor bruising.

With our dodge we should be able to basically just live in there on a daily basis.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 08, 2019, 03:27:42 pm »

We also became a hemomancer at some point for some reason, maybe we could do something with that if someone gets a bloody nose or a broken ear during training.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 163