Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 373277 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2017, 01:12:05 am »

Teleport to a garden.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2017, 02:32:09 am »

Do as they say. Just head up those stairs into the garden. Enough messing around.. For now.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2017, 06:39:46 am »

Do as they say. Just head up those stairs into the garden. Enough messing around.. For now.
+1
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2017, 04:34:59 pm »

carve cat pictures into the walls as you go

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2017, 08:30:46 am »

You follow GBM up the stairs. It is a narrow staircase that wraps around to the east and then goes up for 13 z levels. At one point it passes through a cluster of pretty purple crystals. You want to engrave images of cats but you no longer have a tool and you suspect Doren would not stand for it anyways.

GBM says, "Dis is the old Cityshanks. It was sealed off for 150 years until we rediscovered it. Urist The Great's sculpture garden is our current project. King Feb doesn't like it very much but he mostly ignores us."

Doren, "The dwarves like our exotic alcohol to much to stop our operation."

The staircase ends in a narrow tunnel. Several archways are bricked off on either side. You follow the tunnel to an arcade overlooking a sculpture garden somewhere near the top of the mountain.

There are a variety of outdoor crops growing in the corners. An elf woman is busy etching a crappy drawing of an elf and cheese. Another elf is sitting with a large doggo. A dwarf paces nearby a rose-gold sculpture of a plump helmet.

As you walk down the steps into the garden the blond elf notices you. Her eyes seem to light up and she stops engraving to speak exceptionally fast.

"Oh, Doren! Who is your little friend? He is so cute! I have never met a living breathing Kobold before. Oh Nature. I am SOOOO Excited."

Doren interjects, "Aweme, please. This is my prisoner not my friend."

"Can I pet your prisoner? HE IS SO ADORABLE! LOOK AT HIS EARS! Wait. That's not very nice. You can't just make people your prisoner like that. What is going on?"

Meanwhile, GBM has approached the other strangers.

"I hef a new plan."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 08:36:11 am by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2017, 08:55:26 am »

Hold on.. Did we just kill someone's doggy? This.. Might not go so well..

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2017, 09:24:10 am »

Something tells me that the doggy is the Fortresses, and these people, while in the Fortress, aren't entirely in accord with it.

While keeping an ear open to the inevitably forthcoming exposition, practice being a kobold. It seems that being a kobold is something these people might want, and being something they want helps us survive and maybe even thrive, at least until it does not. So dodge-sneak-roll around, whilst not actually threatening to escape. Just to lower their guard and pander to their prejudices and (at least in the elf's case) emotions.

And take the time to D/S/R around the people and things in this garden to better understand what kind of situation we're in. Who (and what) is dangerous, what (and who) is precious. And if there is anything that isn't nailed down (or planted) that we might consider 'liberating', take a note. Anything that obviously is nailed down (like the statue), make a show of 'being a kobold' and humorously try-but-fail to pick up as briefly pass, so they don't realise that you're this close to grabbing something else.

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2017, 09:40:26 am »

Everyone knows bees make buttloads of honey out of nothing. Stuff some live bees in your inventory to bring home and start your own bee colony!

Anything that obviously is nailed down (like the statue), make a show of 'being a kobold' and humorously try-but-fail to pick up as briefly pass, so they don't realise that you're this close to grabbing something else.
+1 and go for the giant fork.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2017, 09:44:36 am »

I doubt it's dead; just knocked unconscious, I would guess.
Everyone knows bees make buttloads of honey out of nothing. Stuff some live bees in your inventory to bring home and start your own bee colony!

Anything that obviously is nailed down (like the statue), make a show of 'being a kobold' and humorously try-but-fail to pick up as briefly pass, so they don't realise that you're this close to grabbing something else.
+1 to this.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2017, 10:01:59 am »

Just be kinda overwhelmed and confused at what's going on.
In an adorable fashion, of course.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2017, 10:11:55 am »

worf worf grawr bite elf
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2017, 10:16:08 am »

worf worf grawr bite elf
No, bad voice!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2017, 10:44:06 am »

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2017, 03:38:26 am »

I doubt it's dead; just knocked unconscious, I would guess.

+1 to this.

"This is Craig."

"That is such a beautiful name!" Aweme says which gets a laugh from Doren.

You do some dodgerolls and look for improvised weapons while Aweme follows you around. You get a sudden urge to bite her which is weird because she seems nice. The others are busy whispering to each other so you try to nab a loose brick. It is too heavy so you try and find something more practical. The fork in the plump helmet statue is shiny and you want it.

"- and Craig disables traps, that's where you come in Bembul.", you overhear GBM say. The male dwarf grunts.

You start to get tired and notice a nice sharp rock at your feet! You hide it in your bag.

You attempt to capture some bees but they are too fast for you. You feel it would probably be easier to just go to the market and buy some honey at this point.

The other elf woman and her dog have been staring at you. She says, "That sounds do-able. I might have to train a new pupper but it shouldn't take long."

"Aweme, engrave us quick map please. There are still some parts of plan we hef to figure out and we can't take any risks. We don't want comrades to get hurt." GBM says. Aweme starts etching away at a smooth part of the wall enthusiastically.

He uses your dagger to point out parts of the map as it takes shape. "We are here.", he says and he points at the mountain thing. Aweme etches what looks like "#Oα8√▲ (Γ$)". Unfortunately, You cannot read. "Put the Corps of Siege Engineers down here. Now Craig, the dwarves in Cityshanks weel keel you on sight. We don't want that so make sure you stay close. We are The Gears of Decency. We may be able to protect you but you weel hef to help us with our QUEST."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:48:39 am by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2017, 04:27:59 am »

Engrave an image of kitties and doggoes.

Bark menacingly at the plump helmet statue.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 163