Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 373315 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #720 on: March 18, 2019, 12:13:59 pm »

So, why is the dwarf partially equipped with adamantine, wearing neither metal leggings, nor greaves?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 18, 2019, 01:18:05 pm »

A torn artery in the neck is a great chance to practice hemomancy without anybody really seeing it. See how much blood you can pull out of the injured troglodyte, just letting it spill on the floor for now.

+1! But focus ALL OF YOUR ENERGY AT ONCE so we can get a good idea of our MAXIMUM POWER.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 18, 2019, 01:33:09 pm »

So, why is the dwarf partially equipped with adamantine, wearing neither metal leggings, nor greaves?
Hm... clerical error? Maybe the overseer insisted a certain squad wear only adamantine plate, but doesn't actually have as much adamantine armor as he thinks he does.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 18, 2019, 01:39:00 pm »

Hm... clerical error? Maybe the overseer insisted a certain squad wear only adamantine plate, but doesn't actually have as much adamantine armor as he thinks he does.
But he has an iron chestplate, as well.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 18, 2019, 01:41:57 pm »

But he has an iron chestplate, as well.
Uhh. Right. I have no idea then. Could be any number of things.

A torn artery in the neck is a great chance to practice hemomancy without anybody really seeing it. See how much blood you can pull out of the injured troglodyte, just letting it spill on the floor for now.

+1! But focus ALL OF YOUR ENERGY AT ONCE so we can get a good idea of our MAXIMUM POWER.
Ugh, fine. But cripple it first.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 01:44:04 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 18, 2019, 02:05:05 pm »

He might have adamantine and no pants because NPC soldiers often wear near-randomized mish-mashes of gear when you examine them in say, adventure mode.

I've definitely seen invaders or rando soldiers wearing an iron breastplate, copper helm, and leather high boots, for instance.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 18, 2019, 02:49:54 pm »

Also, Gladiators were almost never allowed to wear full armor. More fun for the crowd if there is actual risk to the fighters.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 18, 2019, 02:54:01 pm »

I thought about that too, but the champion was dressed this way in the tavern. Although... maybe he doesn't actually have any military duties besides gladiatoring, so he stays in half-armor all the time anyway? Hm.

klonk
Sigtext

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 18, 2019, 03:13:07 pm »

Also, Gladiators were almost never allowed to wear full armor. More fun for the crowd if there is actual risk to the fighters.

It was more about the gladiatorial *types* facing each other, than about how much risk there was, to some extent. There was, for instance, a gladiatorial type based on a type of Gaulic soldiery that wore something that was basically Roman lorica segmentata expanded to cover the whole body. Immensely heavy and uncomfortable but effective---it actually forced the Roman soldiers to resort to their pickaxes to kill the guys inside.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 18, 2019, 03:15:29 pm »

If noone made me wear pants, I wouldn't.

bluebe123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 18, 2019, 03:18:04 pm »

+1 to MAXIMUM POWER.  Also, see if you can control it at all by making some blood land in a vague smiley-face pattern.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 18, 2019, 03:23:18 pm »

+1 to MAXIMUM POWER.  Also, see if you can control it at all by making some blood land in a vague smiley-face pattern.

-1 to making a smiley, highly amusing but we want to be sneaky.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 19, 2019, 04:29:01 am »

You concentrate on pulling the blood out of the artery. Blood starts shooting out much more forcefully than it was before. You are now a competant hemomancer.

The troglodyte falls over lifelessly just as another troglodyte attacks you from behind. You dodge out of the way and then chop off its leg. The troglodyte that tried to choke you is still standing so you use hemomancy on it as well.

It doesn't take long before it falls over stunned giving you a chance to finish it off.

The crowd roars. All the troglodytes have been killed.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:17:10 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 19, 2019, 04:37:49 am »

Quick start flexing and strike a victory pose.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 19, 2019, 06:12:37 am »

...Woah.

OK, I take back everything I said about hemomancy. That was horrifying.

Okay, status check. What injuries have our allies sustained, and are any of them particularly serious?

Also, we need to decide if we're going to try and get out of here before the dwarves send more monsters in. That was easy enough, but these guys are liable to have a megabeast or two in there... most megas we can handle, but any of them could kill one or both of our lesser comrades, and a dragon could very well incinerate us in the first go-- I mean, maybe we could sic the champion on it? Still.

On the other hand, trying to escape brings up all kinds of exciting new problems, some more worrisome than others. I'm not quite sure how we even can, either... we'd have to work something out.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 163