Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 380304 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #750 on: March 20, 2019, 05:38:11 am »

Dodge-roll around and stab the trolls in the ankles.
Don't forget the groins!

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 20, 2019, 11:33:57 am »

Hang on. What quality was that weapon rack? I'm hoping it was the masterpiece of some grumpy rage-prone carpenter. Not saying it would help us or anything; just that that would be funny.

Hm? Oh, right. Uh, throw severed trog bits at the nearest troll's head. At the very least, we can probably get some gore on his eyelids and then inconspicuously blind him with it.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 20, 2019, 12:24:43 pm »

Subtly use your power on the injured troll's wound. It won't die from that wound otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 12:28:04 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 20, 2019, 12:27:29 pm »

Trolls can literally bisect us with a swipe. Focus on crippling them with a stab/sever to the foot, etc, then getting the hell away so a companion can finish it off.

Be sure to hemomance the one that smashed our precious weapon rack. We are kobold, the important thing is that it was OUR weapon rack. Also, flex heroically after victory.

If red blood and blue blood mix, do you get purple blood? Just wondering what color any blood projectiles might be...

+1 to murder art.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 20, 2019, 01:28:43 pm »

Alright, I did some arenawork on this.

These appear to be unskilled cave trolls. If that's so, we should not be in all that much danger right now. Test-Grawr was able to slaughter unskilled trolls with impunity, without any input on my part-- entirely AI-controlled, entirely randomized, he was severing limbs left and right, unscathed.

Now real Grawr has a broken arm, of course... but he also can exsanguinate people with his mind. I figure we're okay.

That said, it wouldn't do to underestimate our enemies. Trolls are big lumbering oafs, but any strike of theirs that actually connects can cause terrible damage: they've got horns to gore with, punch like a Mack truck, and can snap limbs like twigs. We should be fine, because !!DODGEROLL!!, and the champion should be fine, but our goblin friend is about to find herself in an ugly situation if we don't do something fast.

So, with all this in mind...

Sprint/!!dodgeroll!! toward the troll closest to us and the goblin-- the troll who smashed our weapon rack-- and shiv its leg or foot-- preferably a foot. Having done this, kill it in the most efficient way possible-- a stab to the head, perhaps, or a throat slash. Whatever's convenient.

Stay mobile, avoid becoming Tired, don't let the goblin die.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 20, 2019, 01:43:19 pm »

These appear to be unskilled cave trolls. If that's so, we should not be in all that much danger right now. Test-Grawr was able to slaughter unskilled trolls with impunity, without any input on my part-- entirely AI-controlled, entirely randomized, he was severing limbs left and right, unscathed.

Now real Grawr has a broken arm, of course... but he also can exsanguinate people with his mind. I figure we're okay.

That said, it wouldn't do to underestimate our enemies. Trolls are big lumbering oafs, but any strike of theirs that actually connects can cause terrible damage: they've got horns to gore with, punch like a Mack truck, and can snap limbs like twigs. We should be fine, because !!DODGEROLL!!, and the champion should be fine, but our goblin friend is about to find herself in an ugly situation if we don't do something fast.

Sprint/!!dodgeroll!! toward the troll closest to us and the goblin-- the troll who smashed our weapon rack-- and shiv its leg or foot-- preferably a foot. Having done this, kill it in the most efficient way possible-- a stab to the head, perhaps, or a throat slash. Whatever's convenient.

+1

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 20, 2019, 01:54:11 pm »

+1

While I still say the lowest risk is to cripple and dodgeroll, then proceed to deathblows/exsanguination, +1.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 20, 2019, 01:57:15 pm »

Hey, can we still sense blood, like we did when we became a hemomancer? If so, we can guess the size and number of our next fight, if it has blood.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 20, 2019, 02:02:38 pm »

Hey, can we still sense blood, like we did when we became a hemomancer? If so, we can guess the size and number of our next fight, if it has blood.

Ooh, good idea. +1, but wait until this troll-fight ends to try, so we're not dividing our attention.

Blood-sniffing later. Ankle-shivving now.

klonk
Sigtext

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 20, 2019, 02:07:59 pm »

Now that we've got a plan for predicting fights based off of their blood:
Next Fight = Skeletal Bear

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 20, 2019, 02:24:17 pm »

Next Fight = Skeletal Bear[/color]
Don't give the GM ideas

klonk
Sigtext

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 20, 2019, 02:26:58 pm »

GM, please, please remember this rule for GMs: Don't use the ideas the players give you, it penalizes them for creativity.
Though, if they say an excellent evil plan in-character in front of the villain, its their own fault.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 20, 2019, 10:11:02 pm »

Do the walls appear climbable?

The walls are made from smoothed carved stone. They don't look climbable.

You sense behind one of the doors a single large creature. You don't sense any blood behind the other door.

Subtly use your power on the injured troll's wound. It won't die from that wound otherwise.

You try to exsanguinate the troll but nothing happens. You also don't seem to be able to sense their blood.

You dodge roll behind the troll.
The troll misses the goblin who ducks under the attack!
The dwarf slashes the troll in the right upper arm, tearing the muscle and bruising the bone!

You slash the troll in the left foot, tearing apart the muscle and a motor nerve has been severed!

The troll falls over.
The goblin stabs the troll in the upper body, tearing the muscle and tearing the heart!
A major artery in the heart has been opened by the attack!

The troll colides with the goblin!
They tangle together and tumble forward!

The troll has been struckdown!

Meanwhile

The troll grabs the champion by his adamantine helm with his left hand!
The troll tries to remove the adamantine helm.
The troll gains possession of the adamantine helm.

The troll punches the champion in the head with his right hand and the injured part explodes into gore!
The champion has been struck down.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 11:48:17 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 20, 2019, 10:22:57 pm »

Cut more tendons!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 20, 2019, 10:49:18 pm »

Bad news, no Champion to tank for us in future fights.

Good news: Free Adamantine Gear!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 163