Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 379961 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #765 on: March 20, 2019, 10:51:30 pm »

Double bad news:

Its too big for us, and too wide for the Goblin.  Only the other dwarf could wear it.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 21, 2019, 12:23:11 am »

Change story to troll POV from now on. Kill kobold, goblin and remaining dwarf with your new adamantine helmet-weapon. Name helmet-weapon and claim it as a family heirloom. You probably just got a title from killing the champion, too. Rally any remaining trolls to your cause and escape! Flex first, though. It's been established that flexing is very popular.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 21, 2019, 01:15:06 am »

Stab the troll in the dick ankles.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 21, 2019, 08:12:00 am »

Sneakily dodgeroll our way to the adamantine sword and now we have a sword with us, that the weapon material should offset our lack of skill with swords hopefully maybe, even if it doesn't it would be nice to have, very shiny and worth a lot

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 21, 2019, 08:25:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What.

How did-- y'know what? Never mind. Clearly this "champion" was a lumbering incompetent oaf.

Goblin needs a moment to stand up properly. Stay close to the dead troll, and engage the next troll that comes close, killing it with the same dodge-cripple-kill tactics we've been using. Avoid becoming Tired, don't get flanked, don't let the goblin die.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 21, 2019, 09:01:35 am »

Not only that, the goblin's spear is stuck entirely through the troll. We might need to dodge-n-grab another weapon for her, prioritizing in preference the other spear from the weapon rack or an adamantine sword. Don't become tired.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 21, 2019, 09:11:41 am »

Not only that, the goblin's spear is stuck entirely through the troll. We might need to dodge-n-grab another weapon for her, prioritizing in preference the other spear from the weapon rack or an adamantine sword.

It's a great thought... but the other spear is trapped under her, and the sword's guarded by a troll. We're best served preemptively stabbing anything that gets too close while our goblin friend figures out her weapon situation herself.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 21, 2019, 09:39:27 am »

I would like to again reccommend that we throw severed trog bits, or even just bloodsoaked sand, at the troll's head from afar. This way we can incapacitate him while avoiding his Fist of Annihilation super attack.

Also, we should let the goblin die. Just putting it out there.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 21, 2019, 01:17:21 pm »

Y'kno whose blood we CAN control? Dwarf champion's.

Throw blood-sand in the troll's eyes as a blinding tactic. Use this to buy time, priority is to coordinate with our remaining compatriots. Doesn't matter how special that troll is, even three untrained armed folks ganging up on it will take it down.

Anyway after we put blood-sand in its eyes we should explode it's eyeballs with hemomancy. Be sure to use our impressive skill at impromptu oration to fire off a one liner. I liked that dwarf champion, he was nice to us. Physical tactics should remain cripple-and-kill.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 21, 2019, 02:17:32 pm »

Change story to troll POV from now on. Kill kobold, goblin and remaining dwarf with your new adamantine helmet-weapon. Name helmet-weapon and claim it as a family heirloom. You probably just got a title from killing the champion, too. Rally any remaining trolls to your cause and escape! Flex first, though. It's been established that flexing is very popular.
Among other reasons, there probably is no way out for the trolls. Really, they would have to be stupid to leave the trolls an easy way out.
Actually, Troll's POV, is the door the kobold went through still open, and if so, what is through the door?

An important note, we had no effect on the troll's presumably copper blood. After this battle, we should check if we can control iron in all forms( especially liquid), as that is what makes red blood red.

Y'kno whose blood we CAN control? Dwarf champion's.

Throw blood-sand in the troll's eyes as a blinding tactic. Use this to buy time, priority is to coordinate with our remaining compatriots. Doesn't matter how special that troll is, even three untrained armed folks ganging up on it will take it down.

Anyway after we put blood-sand in its eyes we should explode it's eyeballs with hemomancy. Be sure to use our impressive skill at impromptu oration to fire off a one liner. I liked that dwarf champion, he was nice to us. Physical tactics should remain cripple-and-kill.

+1, we should blind the troll with the blood. Unless necessary for our and the goblin's survival, we should avoid obvious bloodbending, so that we can suprise the dwarves with it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:19:44 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 21, 2019, 02:34:53 pm »

Amusingly, since Goblins are beings "driven to cruelty and viciousness", the goblin is probably the one most likely to be totally cool (and even appreciative!) of our lifeblood manipulating powers.

However, we do not really know the actual loyalties nor motivations of the goblin. We just seem to like flirting with her. :D  I would suggest, (should both of us survive this little spectacle) that we get to know her better, but be a bit reserved in what all we tell her, at least for now.  At least until we get her story in how she got here, and ended up being a gladiator.  For all we know, she's a baby snatcher, but she could also be an ambusher, or a siege warrior.  We don't know.

What I am getting at here, is that we don't want to tell her all about our magical blood bending powers, and help her escape-- Only to end up stuffed in a rucksack and hauled off to be chained up in a goblin pit someplace and subjected to horrors that make this dwarf fortress look quaint.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:36:43 pm by wierd »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 21, 2019, 02:37:47 pm »

I'd like to point out we still can't actually speak, although since we know how to read we might be able to write now maybe

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 21, 2019, 02:39:20 pm »

Goblins are long lived and skilled linguists like Elves.  They just aren't nice. It is true they do not have a pact with nature, and so dont have "talk to animals" woo like elves do, but if you check the raws, they have absurd linguistic powers too.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 21, 2019, 02:39:58 pm »

Yes, but kobolds have the utterances tag, meaning they just speak complete gibberish

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 21, 2019, 02:43:50 pm »

Regardless, I still advise against her witnessing any overt use of our powers.  it might give her ideas in how she can use us.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 163