Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 378290 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #781 on: March 21, 2019, 02:59:38 pm »

Probably wise not to fully trust gobbo yet.

We should make friends though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 21, 2019, 03:23:45 pm »

Like much of the time, wierd has a good point. I suppose, unless she is an outlier in her entity's ethics, we probably can't really trust her.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 21, 2019, 08:09:18 pm »

The troll charges the dwarf!
The troll collides with the dwarf!
The dwarf is knocked over and tumbles backwards.

Stab the troll in the dick ankles.

You dodge through the broken horned trolls legs and try to slash it's ankles but miss and hit it in the lower body instead.
It's a gelding blow!

You slash the troll in the right foot with your +steel dagger+, tearing the muscle.
A tendon in the right foot has been torn!
Seeing an opening, the dwarf stabs the troll in the upper body, tearing the muscle and tearing the heart!
A major artery in the heart has been opened by the attack!

Th troll has been struck down.

You finish of the broken horned troll while it is still stunned.

The crowd goes wild!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:19:13 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Rufflikerex

• Bay Watcher
  • One time, a horde of Monkeys doomed my Dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 21, 2019, 08:13:25 pm »

Take the champion's helm and gently hand it to the dwarf. Meanwhile, think of a way to produce an incredibly intimidating screech for later.
May ye remember Ladderbound's fate when one of yer fruit-pickers dwarfs be thirsty and not moving.
May ye seek out solutions before your dwarf drops dead.
Ladderbound provided the proof ye can be stuck at the top of a ladder.
All raise yer cups to Ladderbound!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 21, 2019, 08:20:58 pm »

Help the Goblin girl, might as well try to get on her good side.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 21, 2019, 08:29:10 pm »

Pose dramatically.
Then, help the goblin up, and help the dwarf into the champ's helmet, and give the dwarf the champ's sword. Do this as quickly as possible, seeing as we might not have much time until the next fight.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 21, 2019, 09:58:14 pm »

Pose dramatically.
Then, help the goblin up, and help the dwarf into the champ's helmet, and give the dwarf the champ's sword. Do this as quickly as possible, seeing as we might not have much time until the next fight.

You help the goblin up while the dwarf helps himself to the adamantine gear. You then pose dramatically and wave at the crowd.

One of the copper doors slides open. Out steps a huge anklosaurid. It has a narrow tail and undulates rhythmically. It's green scales are large and overlapping.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:10:33 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 21, 2019, 11:13:41 pm »

Hmm.. Tail whomp is deadly.  Head gore is deadly.  Not evolved to handle a straight down vertical strike at base of neck.  This fight screams Goblin pole-vault, then downward thrust. (assuming real life mechanics...)

I suggest scienceing the shit out of this in arena.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 22, 2019, 01:11:23 am »

Eeyow, I missed two updates in a row? Yeah, I'll try and... look into it... I don't think I can even summon ankylosaurs tho. Not without some really weird modding.

Or no wait that's a forgotten beast. We're... we're in trouble guys.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 22, 2019, 01:43:36 am »

I never expected the troll POV to make it in reality. I was hoping that it would be drawn that way and after the howls of indignation it would then be revealed as just the troll briefly fantasizing about how he wanted it to play out until his reverie is broken by a kobold dagger in the gut. Opportunity lost.

*though I wouldn't complain.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 22, 2019, 04:45:54 am »

Well, I can't summon forgotten ankylosaurs into the arena, so I used the next best thing: giant saltwater crocodiles.

Unskilled as crocs (and forgotten beasts) are, we can dodge their melee strikes with ease, while landing solid hits of our own. The trouble I found in the arena isn't that we can't kill the thing-- we can-- but that it takes so long to do. The limbs on these critters just don't sever the way those of a trog do; killing one is a long and tedious process of striking at the head, upper body, or throat until either you get lucky with a brain-shot or it bleeds out. The skulls on 'em are so thick, trying over and over again for the throat-shot is actually faster, Impossible strike difficulty or no.

If we were fighting a croc, that would be okay. But this isn't a croc.

It's a forgotten beast. And that means it almost certainly has at least one of eight different tricks up its sleeve with which to hurt us, a trick that we'll probably have a very hard time avoiding. Any time we spend stabbing this beast is time it can spend shaking dust around or excreting horrible oozes or whatever it does to kill things. We can't afford to give it that sort of oppurtunity.

So what do we do? I don't know. This is a nasty situation we're in. It's probably going to get worse.

First thing, I suppose: Can we sense this thing's blood? If we can, that'll give us a far, far better chance at surviving this.

Second: Is the beast secreting any kind of fluid from its skin, or smoking from its nostrils, or leaving dust in its wake, or anything else of the sort? If so, that's valuable information. We need that. But nothing's been said yet, so I suspect whatever this beast can do, it's not doing it just yet.

Third: Can we convince our goblin friend to not charge until the dwarf's closed in? If we can't tell what this beast is capable of, we may have to sac our last dwarf buddy to find out. To go in there without first knowing is suicidal-- best let somebody else do the suiciding. I'd have suggested we let the champion, but... well. He wasn't much of a champion after all was he.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 22, 2019, 04:48:44 am »

Let the dwarf attack it first so we can find out if it has deadly blood or dust or something like that.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 22, 2019, 06:23:18 am »

Undulate arrhythmically at the ankylosaurid in an attempt to disrupt its innate motion and create a damaging pressure surge within. Try to convince your companions to do the same for maximum effect.

I imagine it like using a hula hoop without the hoop and without any coordination.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 22, 2019, 07:55:05 am »

Undulate arrhythmically at the ankylosaurid in an attempt to disrupt its innate motion and create a damaging pressure surge within. Try to convince your companions to do the same for maximum effect.

I imagine it like using a hula hoop without the hoop and without any coordination.

+1 creative thinking!

Also, since shields block all sorts of nasty things, and our dwarf buddy equipped our only shield, stay behind him – but not directly behind, in case the beast has a line attack – and make sure he draws the aggro. No idea what his skills are, but he's still the best tank we've got. Kobold and goblin circle in opposite directions looking for strikes of opportunity.

And, as always, avoid becoming Tired!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 163