Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 373459 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #930 on: March 29, 2019, 11:51:14 am »

You've finally got your equipment together, such as it is. Now it's time for action and adventure! In the rush of excitement, you've forgotten where you were going to go. A foolhardy soul might try to rescue the child that has been kidnapped. Perhaps some of your friends here have ideas.

This kid. That's all we've learned so far.

We should look for the kid in a lair, preferably the one with the most shinies. Everyone knows kids are lured by shinies.
Why, the stories I could tell of my fledgling years . . . .

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 29, 2019, 11:56:52 am »

While we have additional long term goals, among other things involving SHINIES! and the acquiring of same, our short term goal is to rescue the child that has been kidnapped. Speaking of, do you know anything about that?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 29, 2019, 12:23:07 pm »

You've finally got your equipment together, such as it is. Now it's time for action and adventure! In the rush of excitement, you've forgotten where you were going to go. A foolhardy soul might try to rescue the child that has been kidnapped. Perhaps some of your friends here have ideas.

This kid. That's all we've learned so far.

Huh.. I must have skimmed past it and/or simply forgotten all about it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 29, 2019, 01:02:59 pm »

While we have additional long term goals, among other things involving SHINIES! and the acquiring of same, our short term goal is to rescue the child that has been kidnapped. Speaking of, do you know anything about that?

This sounds reasonable.

Be sure to acquire alcoholic beverages for the road.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 29, 2019, 04:34:47 pm »

+1 to alcohol, it seems that our companion needs it to function properly. Make sure it's also something exotic and weird without buying anything too expensive, like sewer brew brewed from the fetid remains of a failure of a plant based plains titan or parsnip wine.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 29, 2019, 05:14:52 pm »

Uh Titan Wine sounds like the most exotic and amazing thing possible, I vote to acquire that if possible.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 29, 2019, 05:29:46 pm »

Back when we started this character, the first quest hook was to go save a kidnapped child.
+1
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 29, 2019, 10:08:36 pm »

You say to Edi,"Ultimately we want to get all of the shinies." You take out a gold coin and show Edi.

Edi nods and says,"All of the shinies would be good."

"First, though, I heard there is a child missing. Do you know anything about that?

Edi replies,"Oh, you must be talking about the law-giver's son. He was taken for ransom by a gang of bandits. I think their camp is not far outside of town."

You say, "We have to rescue him. Let's go!"

"Wait, before we go can you fill up my flask?" He pulls out a very large flask and hands it to you.

acquire alcoholic beverages for the road.
+1 to alcohol, it seems that our companion needs it to function properly. Make sure it's also something exotic and weird without buying anything too expensive, like sewer brew brewed from the fetid remains of a failure of a plant based plains titan or parsnip wine.

You walk to the bartender and he says,"Greetings. My name is Ikar Battlenarrow. This is The Berry of Cinnamon. What can I do for you?"

"What's available here?" You ask.

"We have sewer brew for ☼1 a mug. We also have dwarven wine imported from Quicknessiron for ☼3. We rent out rooms for ☼20 a night."

"Is the sewer brew made from the remains of a fallen plains titan?"

"Uh no..."

"Thats okay, I'll take some of that anyways and can you put it in this flask?"

"Sure, that looks like it can hold 3 mugs worth so it will be ☼3."

You give him three copper coins and he fills the flask with sewer brew. You take it back to Edi. He somehow fits it into his back pocket.

"Thank you! So, where are we going first?" He asks

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:49:05 am by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 29, 2019, 10:16:18 pm »

If the bandits are nearby, then we might as well rescue the kid from them first. Bandits are also likely to have shinies, so win-win.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Leif_Trolle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 29, 2019, 11:32:07 pm »

Oh gosh I missed so much. RIP Grawr. May his legend inspire the meek to seek glory and adventure!

Talk to everyone at the bar and ask if they'd like to join you in rescuing the missing child kidnapped by those villainous bandits. More blades and shields between you and the enemy will help bring you swift victory and you can always kick people out once you find more willing Kea-folk. Even if people refuse it won't hurt to work on your social graces and increase your reputation with the locals. As you leave the bar and make your way towards the bandit camp improvise some songs. Sing of Victory and Justice.

DwarfMines

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 30, 2019, 12:12:36 am »

Talk to everyone at the bar and ask if they'd like to join you in rescuing the missing child kidnapped by those villainous bandits. More blades and shields between you and the enemy will help bring you swift victory and you can always kick people out once you find more willing Kea-folk. Even if people refuse it won't hurt to work on your social graces and increase your reputation with the locals. As you leave the bar and make your way towards the bandit camp improvise some songs. Sing of Victory and Justice.
+1
Before we get out of town, check and see what kind of equipment Edi Knifepattern is carrying.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 30, 2019, 12:44:08 am »

Look around for more bird people we can recruit. If there are none, look at our mental map of the town and see if we know of any more taverns we can try and recruit at.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 30, 2019, 02:47:11 am »

Look around for more bird people we can recruit. If there are none, look at our mental map of the town and see if we know of any more taverns we can try and recruit at.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Blob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 30, 2019, 03:03:12 am »

We should also ask people in the town if the specific location of the bandits.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 30, 2019, 04:25:15 am »

Talk to everyone at the bar and ask if they'd like to join you in rescuing the missing child kidnapped by those villainous bandits.

"First we need to recruit more companions." you reply to Edi.

You turn to the table next to Edi's and say, "Hello. My name is Noi Dontwan Tacracker. You look like mighty warriors indeed. Would you like to join us in rescuing the law-giver's son?"

The bronze-clad human says,"That is a noble cause. Well, if you will lead me to glory and death then I'm in."

The dwarf says,"With so many in your party there is not enough glory to go around. Count me out."

"Same here. I'm not interested." the other human says.

You go over to the other table and start to say,"Hello my name is Noi Don-"

"Go fuck yourself you adventurer cunt." The dwarf interjects.

"Okay, sorry, sorry." you say and back away.

You walk back to your new companions and the human says,"I'm sorry. I didn't introduced myself. My name is Kudo Leafyspeaks. I wander the wilds and slay monsters. I have never had the opportunity to adventure with animal people before. It is my pleasure."

You say,"That reminds me. Do either of you know where we can find more bird people?"

Kudo replies,"There is Besti. He is a guard in the fort."

You explain,"I already tried him. His duties as a guard prevent him from joining us."

Edi says,"There really aren't that many civilized bird people. I do hear there is a flock of cardinal people in Flightplait but that is a weeks travel from here."

"We will have to go there at some point in our adventures." You say.

"So. What's the plan?" Kudo asks.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 04:54:41 am by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 163