Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 373187 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #1170 on: June 02, 2019, 07:59:38 pm »

Wait, guys, we're making an army, right? Why not everything? Manticores, various sized cats, cougar riding spiky warriors, He-mans (maybe even spiky He-man warriors riding cougars?), and even some kea men/women to serve as our air force.

That is, if we're strong enough to make a big ol' army.

YES. +1 +1 +1

If we can do this, we have to do this.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 02, 2019, 08:38:44 pm »

Make massive and/or almost microscopic blood adamantine/divine metal golems (blob/Autogyro) would be much more preferable
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 02, 2019, 08:48:09 pm »

Wait, guys, we're making an army, right? Why not everything? Manticores, various sized cats, cougar riding spiky warriors, He-mans (maybe even spiky He-man warriors riding cougars?), and even some kea men/women to serve as our air force.

That is, if we're strong enough to make a big ol' army.

Sure, I'll add my +1 to that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 02, 2019, 08:54:18 pm »

It... it suddenly occurs to me that this is gonna take MadMonkey forever to draw. Oops.  :-\
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 02, 2019, 09:23:19 pm »

Psh, any army is gonna be annoying to draw except maybe like blob armies, which would be unreasonable to expect. Besides, the phrase isn't "suffering is FUN" for no rea... oh right, that's not it. Sorry, MadMonkey. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 03, 2019, 12:51:08 am »

Planning what kind of minions is good and all, but we need minions ON EARTH, not in bloody hellscape world.

For that, we need a way to interact with the normal world, and probably have to work with materials present in the normal world.

I still think item #1 on our itinerary is getting a way to interact with the normal world.

Blob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 03, 2019, 07:57:37 am »

I propose Octopus minions of varying sizes. Since they would be very flexible and have a ton of useful limbs. Other than that flying minions also sound good.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 03, 2019, 12:34:15 pm »

Excuse me but the cat we should have is one that we can sit on a throne and menacingly pet while monologue-ing at our enemies. Whatever else we create, this is important.

Also hang on, what do we need an army for anyway? Is this just for funsies and/or testing our powers? I was fairly sure our goal was just to leave this place, are we trying to conquer the world now?

Also our powers totes don't work the same on the I guess we can call it the material plane. In the regular world.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 03, 2019, 08:00:44 pm »

I suggest flying blood Adamantine blob-golems
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 03, 2019, 10:54:57 pm »

I dunno why we're making an army either, but our DM asked us what kind of army we want and so we must answer. Besides, not like we lose anything from it. May as well.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1180 on: June 03, 2019, 11:55:26 pm »

Dreaming is all well and good, but we're forgetting something. Even if we can manipulate blood on the material plane, it is unlikely we can create it. A typical human(oid) is about 7% blood, by body mass. We're going to need to kill a lot of people to make a blood army, unless we can somehow open up a path to this plane.

It is also unlikely that the simple act of dying would have granted godlike power over all blood everywhere - that would be too easy.

I would therefore suggest we start by attempting to manipulate blood we already have a sympathetic connection to - our own body. Combining all the fresh blood spilled in the arena should give us just enough mass to reconstruct a new body.

Once we do that, we can try to manipulate the dwarves into digging straight down. We are probably in the Underworld somewhere, and it stands to reason that the particular part of the Underworld we are in is directly below the place we died. Once a path is opened, we can proceed to conquer the world with an infinite blood army.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 04, 2019, 12:53:33 am »

It is also unlikely that the simple act of dying would have granted godlike power over all blood everywhere - that would be too easy.

Ah, but we are also a chosen one of Armok. Blood soldier said so.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 04, 2019, 02:13:11 am »

Ask him about:
-Himself (now and his past)
-This dimension (any notable sights, hemomancy power amplifications or whatever else)
-Armok (his relation to the 2 previously mentioned and about himself)

First thing's first, determine if it's finally blood minion army time!
I want my blood minions to be a good two feet taller than a normal human, muscular, and bound in cursed blood armor. And since people want cats for some reason they can be riding war tigers with their own battle armor. Spikes wouldn't hurt either.

You start asking Mathias lots of questions while you work on forming your blood minions.

"This place seems to amplify my hemomancy. Why is that and are your hemomancy powers the same as mine?"

He replies, "That is because this plane is the source of all hemomantic energy. Additionally, the vast quantities of blood provide ample raw materials for one to harness. One will be able to use all the same hemomantic powers as I with enough practice."

"Where is Armok and how are you related to him?"

He replies, "Armok created my kind to do his bidding. For millennia he ruled over us and we prospered. Overtime he became secretive and ultimately left this plane, leaving behind a single command. 'Let there be blood.' His current status is a mystery to me."

"There don't seem to be any other people here. What happened to the others of your kind?"

"Where do you think all of this blood came from?" He replies.

Your blood minion is starting to take shape but it takes all your concentration to convert the blood into the various required materials.

You complete your first blood minion a muscular humanoid clad in spiked cursed metal. He rides a massive war tiger, also clad in spiked cursed metal. Mathias notices that you have gone silent and turns to see your creation before you can make a second.

Mathias draws his flickering metal two-handed sword. He says, "I was hoping I wouldn't have to kill one so soon. So be it."

He charges at your blood minion.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 05:59:31 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Blob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 04, 2019, 05:39:35 am »

Looks like we're fighting him. I say we should try to make him lose his weapon, but how are we going to go around doing so?

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 04, 2019, 06:10:04 am »

Tell him we are just practicing for when we get back to the material plane, and we have no wish or desire to fight him.

Also tell the minion to avoid contact with Mathias unless he tries to attack us.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 163