Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 378148 times)

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #1245 on: July 01, 2019, 05:13:24 am »

Go check out that land we were given!

You say, "We are going to travel to the land we were given by Lar Itkelin." You sit down and start eating your eggs. "We will start our own civilization of avian creatures. We should also build a museum to display all of our shinies. You and Kudo will carry the chest of shinies there to for the first display."

"We have to drag that heavy chest with us the whole way? It was hard enough to get it to town."

"I'm sure you will be fine. Overcoming challenges builds character!" You are feeling rather thirsty so you wash down the eggs with water from your waterskin.

Ask the tavern keeper if there are any wrongs to be righted, beasts to be slain, or injustices to be... justiced. Tavern keepers always know what's up. Also, don't forget to tell him about our heroic bandit slaying escapade. Our deeds should be remembered!

"Hello again." you say to the Ikar. "You wouldn't happen to know about any troubles in the area. Any injustices that need to be justiced-ed?"

"Well, we have beasts, bandits, skulking vermin, and bone-chilling horror." he replies.

"Oh, don't worry about the bandits. My companions and I vanquished them and saved the Law-giver's son. Very heroic like and stuff."

"Really? You are an adventurer?"

"Yes. I am still new to the profession which is why I want to know more about the other troubles. What do you mean by bone-chilling horror?"

"There are foul goings on over at Slaughterswamps. I hear the dead don't stay dead around that tower. Stay far away from that place."

"That is terrifying! What about the beasts?

"A massive creature, humanoid in shape, and made of solid bronze long ago toppled a temple named Bravebattles. He took Bravebattles as his lair and goes on murderous rampages in the surrounding towns. Bravebattles is to the northwest, just north of Panthertorch. Slaying this beast would bring us all much glory."

"Cool, what about the vermin."

"A gang of Kobolds has taken over the catacombs here in Robustlashes. Drive out these vermin and I am sure the Church of Awthrar would find a way to repay you."

"Thanks for your help. One last thing, can you fill up my companion's canteen again? He seems to drink it pretty fast."

"Sure thing."

Kudo comes down the stairs and eats his eggs while you look over the map and plan your journey. After you feel like you are suitably prepared you head out.

You leave town on the southern road and stop at the river to refill your waterskin and drink from the river. Edi doesn't seem interested in water and drinks from his canteen instead.

After another couple of hours you take a break to eat lunch. Kudo has some of your herring while you and Edi eat cheese.

When you get to the next river there is no bridge so you and Edi have to fly the chest across. Kudo is able to do jump across without issue.

You pass a dwarven hillock. The dwarves there live under mounds of dirt. You imagine they must get filthy in there living in dirt all day.

After several more hours of travel you make it to the top of the hills. Your land should be within sight.

"It's a rocky wasteland..." Kudo says.

You reply, "It's our rocky wasteland Kudo. Look at all the open space to fly around in. It is truly beautiful."

"We'll see more tomorrow. For now let's set up camp." Kudo says.

You find an open spot and make a campfire. You actually aren't sure where the logs came from yet they're here.

You hear movement behind you. Suddenly the sound of incessant cackling surrounds you.

"We are under attack!" you shout.

"Those are just boogeymen." Kudo explains. "Don't worry, they won't attack unless you are on your own. We can take turns keeping watch through the night. We'll be fine."

Eventually the cackling fades away as the boogeymen realize you are not easy prey. You find it hard to fall asleep. The ground is uneven and you are still scared of what might lurk in the shadows. You eventually manage to fall into a deep sleep. The effort of the day wore you out enough to trump your anxiety. You wake up the next moring feeling mostly rested.

Your companions are already getting their gear ready for the day.

The three of you finish the last of your herring. Edi empties his canteen to the last drop. Your waterskin only has a little bit of water left. Kudo insists that you be the one to drink it and you oblige.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 03:23:18 am by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 01, 2019, 05:23:15 am »

Right, lets commence the exploration of these lands of ours. We should get rid of any potential threats, and find any potential resources we might profit from. (And if the soil around here is capable of growing stuff or not, is good to know too.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 05:30:55 am by Ultimuh »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 01, 2019, 05:37:01 am »

Did we bring an axe? Because I just realized we can't build anything if we don't have one, unless we decide to make one of those stone ones.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 01, 2019, 01:24:13 pm »

Kobolds! Destroy kobolds for fame and glorious shinies!

Also while it totes works this way in DF, I expect our companions might object to being made to build a house or what have you. Unless we are indeed going with actual DF logic of find two companions and build a house in like 3 days from scratch and they never seem to mind at all, in which case let's do it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 01, 2019, 03:03:07 pm »

Destroy kobolds for fame and glorious shinies!

After all we've been through with Grawr? Sure, Sneakbeak here wouldn't know about that... but still! If we take that kobold offer, we do so merely in the interest of opening diplomatic relations with our fellow sneaky egg-layers. Nothing else will do.

In the meantime... locate a river, then find and kill one or more edible animals. We need sustenance.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 01, 2019, 03:37:37 pm »

Wow, the illustrations are fantastic!  The detail in the textures really makes it come alive

Let's try and negotiate with the kobolds.  If it's just us and Edi, we can stay safely above them (assuming they have no ranged weapons) while we see how open they are to negotiation.  Maybe there's something they want, and taking over the catacombs is a part of their journey to get it?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:42:03 pm by Schmaven »

HakuryuVision

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 01, 2019, 04:05:41 pm »

After all we've been through with Grawr? Sure, Sneakbeak here wouldn't know about that... but still! If we take that kobold offer, we do so merely in the interest of opening diplomatic relations with our fellow sneaky egg-layers. Nothing else will do.

In the meantime... locate a river, then find and kill one or more edible animals. We need sustenance.
+1
I concur.
Getting food is the most important thing right now.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 01, 2019, 04:23:01 pm »

+1
I concur.
Getting food is the most important thing right now.
+1 We can hunt/scavenge for food while getting to know the area and/or eliminating threats.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 01, 2019, 06:42:04 pm »

+1 to finding food and water.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 01, 2019, 07:44:35 pm »

I don't care what happens, just please let there be scorpion-men or cobra-men involved in the rocky wasteland neighborhood somehow. Also, we need to draw a face on all the cacti we find that aren't too covered in spines to prevent us from doing so, it will make the rocky wasteland much more welcoming.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 01, 2019, 07:52:11 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 01, 2019, 09:58:58 pm »

Give names to as many of the face-cacti as we can too, and defend them vigorously from any nasty desert creatures that might try snacking on 'em.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 01, 2019, 10:57:24 pm »

For goodness sake, we aren't elves!

Note that surrounding ground is lush and verdant. That indicates ground water. Likely, this desertified area is due to some kind of geological fault structure that permits the aquifer to go very deep, starving surface plants of soil moisture.

Consider prospects for wells, cisterns, or other water storage. (just consider, we aren't building anything yet.)
Prospect for building supplies as well. (again, not building now, but knowing where to get it later is always good.) Clay, seasonal dry grass, etc. all work well. (We DO want to have a nice home base, right?)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 03, 2019, 07:48:16 pm »

For goodness sake, we aren't elves!

I didn't say anything about protecting them, just that it would make the place more welcoming.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 163