Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 378239 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #1305 on: August 11, 2019, 04:00:25 am »

The link would appear to be broken.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 11, 2019, 05:14:58 am »

Hunt down the remaining dingoes Predator-style, cut off their left front paws, use bones to fashion flamboyantly lethal prosthetic. Name Adventuring party Order of the Dingo.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

HakuryuVision

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 11, 2019, 09:25:39 am »

Hunt down the remaining dingoes Predator-style, cut off their left front paws, use bones to fashion flamboyantly lethal prosthetic. Name Adventuring party Order of the Dingo.

+1

If we are to settle here, hunting those remaining giant dingoes will preemptively deal with possible future problems.

Our pal really doesn't need to loose another arm.
...or leg.
..........or his life.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 11, 2019, 06:29:37 pm »

Hypothetically speaking, the human only lost his hand and his wrist so the rest of his arm should still be good. If we make him a crude prosthetic that can attach to his shield he could probably still use it, but would have to reacquire some of his shield skills (Actually, do we even know what his shield skill was before?). Or, if we really want to try, we've probably got at least a half hour to find an incredibly skilled surgeon to put his hand back on and reattach some of his motor nerves. Complete use of the hand is out of the question, but opening and closing for the shield is theoretically possible. Of course, we're in the middle of a badlands, so I'd like to say that the best we can do is tourniquet the wound and hope it doesn't get infected and figure it out once we return to town. Of course, finding some kind of cursed gauntlet or something to replace his hand is also an option, or we could try to sell the hand to a witch doctor in return for like a lizard hand or something (All of which isn't in DF, but whatever).

Hunting down the dingoes should be the least of our priorities, the highest should be trying to salvage as much of the arm and hand as possible by any means necessary. His usefulness as a companion goes down drastically if he only has one hand.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 11, 2019, 08:20:20 pm »

Clearly we must hope we're updated through the future and establish an adventure mode hospital zone in our camp site. Since we know our character doesn't have any medical skills to speak of, appoint Edi to care for the wounded human.
Craft a dingo bone hook and use it to replace Kudo's lost hand. :D
+1
I approve of dingo bone prosthetics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 12, 2019, 04:12:21 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

bluebe123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 12, 2019, 12:13:27 pm »

+1
+1

+1 to make a quick but working bone hook now, but replace it with a dingo skull-based prosthetic later.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 21, 2019, 03:33:55 am »

Butcher the dingoes. Fill any empty waterskins and similar containers with the blood-- we can drink it if we don't find anything better.

You field dress the dingos. You gain 48 meat, 40 fat, 3 brains, 3 hearts,  6 lungs, 3 intestines, 3 liver, 6 kidneys, 3 tripe, 3 raw hides, 3 skulls, and 60 bones. You use the shoulder blade of one of the dingos to craft a bone hook. You are now an adequate butcher and a dabbling bone carver.

You eye one of the dingo's leg bones. You imagine it could make a great figurine. Describe the figurine that you want to carve.
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 21, 2019, 04:34:39 am »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 21, 2019, 06:29:19 am »

We should make one of everyone in our group including us, surrounded by burning and dying dingos.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 21, 2019, 06:56:14 am »

We should make one of everyone in our group including us, surrounded by burning and dying dingos.

+1

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 21, 2019, 12:25:33 pm »

Look we made him so happy

+1

+1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 21, 2019, 12:38:40 pm »

Look we made him so happy

+1

+1

+5
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 21, 2019, 02:11:24 pm »

This is a dingo bone figurine of The Future, an image commissioned by Noi Dontwan Tacracker the kea woman upon her ascension to the position of expedition leader in Birb Wilds. The image depicts Noi Dontwan Tacracker the kea woman and dingoes. All craftskeaship is of the highest quality. Noi Dontwan Tacracker the kea woman is sitting on a throne. The throne is surrounded by a heap of shinies. The dingoes are wearing leashes. The dingoes are guarding Noi Dontwan Tacracker and obeying her every command.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 21, 2019, 02:34:27 pm »

This is a dingo bone figurine of The Future, an image commissioned by Noi Dontwan Tacracker the kea woman upon her ascension to the position of expedition leader in Birb Wilds. The image depicts Noi Dontwan Tacracker the kea woman and dingoes. All craftskeaship is of the highest quality. Noi Dontwan Tacracker the kea woman is sitting on a throne. The throne is surrounded by a heap of shinies. The dingoes are wearing leashes. The dingoes are guarding Noi Dontwan Tacracker and obeying her every command.

+1
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 163