Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 373166 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - Interactive Web Comic
« Reply #1335 on: September 01, 2019, 09:43:43 pm »

Yeah, alright. +1 to the blood-decoy-and-run thing. Try to make 'em good and realistic in color too, make sure whatever hiding place we choose still lets us see our decoys, and try to use the stonework for our hiding-spot somehow.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 02, 2019, 02:48:21 am »

Yeah, alright. +1 to the blood-decoy-and-run thing. Try to make 'em good and realistic in color too, make sure whatever hiding place we choose still lets us see our decoys, and try to use the stonework for our hiding-spot somehow.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 02, 2019, 12:26:30 pm »

+1

+1

Modification: Just make one, and hide it somewhere super obvious, like just under the table.

If we make lots he may catch onto our intentions. One is just a clever ruse while we actually hide.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 02, 2019, 04:01:32 pm »

+1 to blood decoys. Way better than my dumb idea.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 03, 2019, 08:03:48 pm »

Create a bunch of kobold shaped blood decoys and get the fuck out of there. Hide in the first convenient spot you find after 40 seconds. Watch to see what Matthias does to the decoys. Confirm that he isn't just going to strike you down when he finds you.
Modification: Just make one, and hide it somewhere super obvious, like just under the table.

"3, 2, 1. Ready or not, here I come!" He uncovers his eyes and looks around. "I have found one..."

"Grawr?"

Once you are satisfied that he is not going to smite you, you release the decoy.

Remember, you can subscribe to email notifications on losingisfun.com and I have a discord server: discord.gg/vt98Pzg
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:27:53 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 03, 2019, 08:18:56 pm »

If Matthias doesn't find us in, oh, five minutes or so, !!dodgeroll!! to a simpler hiding spot. This is meant to build his confidence, after all!

klonk
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 03, 2019, 09:32:58 pm »

Speaking of hide and seek, who is that third (!) player in the blood metal helmet? It looks like another of Matthias' kind, which is a bit unexpected.

Also, I can't help but think of his original greeting:
"There comes a point in every journey when the path is not clear."
"One must ask oneself what one seeks."
I know what he says he seeks – the whole killing everyone and drowning the world in blood thing – but I suspect all the procrastination and game playing reveals a different desire?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 04, 2019, 07:49:19 am »

The Mathias-looking guy in the background is Grawr/Craig's blood golem John, I'm pretty sure.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 04, 2019, 07:52:57 am »

If Matthias doesn't find us in, oh, five minutes or so, !!dodgeroll!! to a simpler hiding spot. This is meant to build his confidence, after all!
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1344 on: September 04, 2019, 08:17:20 am »

Anyone get the feeling that Matthias is just bored and possibly slightly crazy? Maybe he's just been stuck here with nobody to interact with except the occasional dead hemomancer, and he doesn't know of any way to pass the time besides killing them.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 04, 2019, 08:22:00 am »

Hm, addendum to my previous suggestion: if that helmet-thing behind Matthias moves to attack him, shout a warning and point.

EDIT: Oh wait. That's our blood golem. Well if it against all odds is not our blood golem, then keep an eye on it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 08:58:23 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 04, 2019, 08:55:33 am »

The Mathias-looking guy in the background is Grawr/Craig's blood golem John, I'm pretty sure.

You know what, I had a second look and I think you're right. I don't know why I didn't recognize him before.

How much power do we really have over a blood golem like this?
Try to see through John's eyes. Use him as a spy on Matthias's movements (because he's looking for Grawr, not John, right?) and if Matthias gets uncomfortably close have John make a noise to distract him.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 04, 2019, 09:01:25 am »

Try to see through John's eyes. Use him as a spy on Matthias's movements (because he's looking for Grawr, not John, right?)
+1 to this--

and if Matthias gets uncomfortably close have John make a noise to distract him.
--not to this. Now we've determined Matthias isn't gonna just smite us once he finds us, I figure we can just let ourselves be found after a little while. There's no need for further shenanigans.

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 04, 2019, 09:31:02 am »

Try to see through John's eyes. Use him as a spy on Matthias's movements (because he's looking for Grawr, not John, right?)
+1 to this--
+1

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 04, 2019, 09:57:25 am »

+1 to this--
+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 163