Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 373261 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic
« Reply #2220 on: May 01, 2020, 06:55:25 pm »

YO FOLKS time moves differently in the plane of blood, it seems. It's like blood Narnia.

We should dodge roll into the arena and make a huge dramatic return in front of the populace, proclaim ourselves as some kind of incredible resurrected demigod figure returned from death via the power of the gods, and then denounce the corrupt, unworthy king in favor of the chosen resistence. Be sure to use our incredible gift at speech giving!

They'll probably shit themselves in wonder that we can even speak english. Provide this as proof of our divine patronage.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: May 01, 2020, 06:58:37 pm »

The best part? It’s technically correct

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2222 on: May 02, 2020, 02:22:10 pm »

So fun fact.
In DF, when a person becomes a necromancer, they automatically gain a personality shift that increases their ANXIETY_PROPENSITY and decreases their TRUST.  Presumably, this makes them better at pulling off villainous subterfuge and taking over positions of power.
All kobolds naturally have high ANXIETY_PROPENSITY and low TRUST.  (Also high ACTIVITY_LEVEL and GREED.)
This means that, logically, kobolds SHOULD be the ultimate villains and should easily rise to positions of power, and the only thing that stops them from doing so is their inability to speak.
Actually according to my experiments with talking kobolds this does not happen, and I have been unable to figure out what effects, if any, these personality traits have on the behavior of necromancers in worldgen.  But it sounds like it should be true, so let's pretend it is.
Let's gain the King's trust, demonstrating our powers to him but also swearing loyalty, thereby becoming his right-hand man dwarf kobold. That will put us in the perfect position to manipulate him toward our own ends, and seems easier than convincing the entire dwarven civilization to accept a kobold as their ruler.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: May 02, 2020, 02:39:10 pm »

So fun fact.
In DF, when a person becomes a necromancer, they automatically gain a personality shift that increases their ANXIETY_PROPENSITY and decreases their TRUST.  Presumably, this makes them better at pulling off villainous subterfuge and taking over positions of power.
All kobolds naturally have high ANXIETY_PROPENSITY and low TRUST.  (Also high ACTIVITY_LEVEL and GREED.)
This means that, logically, kobolds SHOULD be the ultimate villains and should easily rise to positions of power, and the only thing that stops them from doing so is their inability to speak.
Actually according to my experiments with talking kobolds this does not happen, and I have been unable to figure out what effects, if any, these personality traits have on the behavior of necromancers in worldgen.  But it sounds like it should be true, so let's pretend it is.

Let's gain the King's trust, demonstrating our powers to him but also swearing loyalty, thereby becoming his right-hand man dwarf kobold. That will put us in the perfect position to manipulate him toward our own ends, and seems easier than convincing the entire dwarven civilization to accept a kobold as their ruler.

Take all of my +1's

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: May 02, 2020, 03:11:24 pm »

So fun fact.

Take all of my +1's
+1 Cancel previous plans

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: May 02, 2020, 05:08:19 pm »

So fun fact.

Take all of my +1's
+1 Cancel previous plans
+1, but lets see what our comrades think of doing so first?

Blob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: May 03, 2020, 02:38:14 am »

-1 to all of this except for taking Tributescar. I kind of don't want the cute kobold that taught Matthias about friendship to so suddenly become an evil king.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: May 03, 2020, 04:22:45 am »

Yes -1 to becoming king we don't need no kingdom when we have friendship and Tributescar.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 05:16:06 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: May 03, 2020, 05:11:39 am »

-1 to all of this except for taking Tributescar. I kind of don't want the cute kobold that taught Matthias about friendship to so suddenly become an evil king.
You can be "evil" and still promote friendship.
Friendship at all costs, even if they don't like it.

On the other hand, you don't need to have evil intentions to be able to conquer the world. You could do so for the greater good.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 05:16:56 am by Ultimuh »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: May 03, 2020, 10:53:56 am »

You can be "evil" and still promote friendship.
Friendship at all costs, even if they don't like it.

On the other hand, you don't need to have evil intentions to be able to conquer the world. You could do so for the greater good.
Not all kings are evil, if we have conquered the world, we can voluntarily divide all resources among everyone, us being included in the dividing, thus true communism is reached when everyone owns everything

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: May 03, 2020, 05:28:45 pm »

I made a poll to see if you guys really want to become king or not!
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 03, 2020, 05:36:34 pm »

If we become king, we can stop these gladiator fights from happening, thus stopping the unnecessary deaths

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: May 03, 2020, 06:01:12 pm »

Should we become king, we could have Clara be our main advisor.
And Matthias could be the kingdom's head law enforcer. Or perhaps military advisor/general? Maybe even judge, jury & executioner.
That should probably satisfy his blood lust in the long run. What could possibly go wrong?.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:05:33 pm by Ultimuh »

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: May 03, 2020, 06:41:57 pm »

And Matthias could be the kingdom's head law enforcer. Or perhaps military advisor/general? Maybe even judge, jury & executioner.
That should probably satisfy his blood lust in the long run. What could possibly go wrong?.

maybe hammerer?
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: May 03, 2020, 06:52:53 pm »

maybe hammerer?
Sure, why not?
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 163