Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caste Glowtile/color  (Read 588 times)

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caste Glowtile/color
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:16:23 am »

So I'm currently stuck on a token issue when it comes to making a caste heavy race of spooky semi civilized night monsters. I want one of these monster castes, a savage warhammer fantasy inspired ram headed beastman sort of critter, to have the kobold "glowing eye" effect during adventure mode. I want the rest of the castes to lack it. I originally used the normal glowtile and glowcolor tokens within the beastman's caste specific stats/abilities, but the glow ended up on all of the monsters. I replaced the original tokens with [CASTE_GLOWTILE:164] and [CASTE_GLOWCOLOR:6:0:1] in the same area, only to find no one had glowing eyes anymore.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the caste_glowcolor and caste_glowtile tokens incorrectly. I feel like I'm missing some vital information there, but I'm not sure what exactly to put into the string or where. That or I'm doing this all bloody wrong entirely.

Could someone give me an example of this token used correctly or offer a general crash course on how to make it work? I'd appreciate it greatly.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caste Glowtile/color
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:59:58 am »

You seem to be doing everything right by your description, but without seeing your raws it's kind of a challenge to troubleshoot what's wrong.

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caste Glowtile/color
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:53:40 pm »

Okay. So I've done another round of testing on my end using a whole different cast of critters to be my monsters' victims. The humans in the lot definitely can see the glowing eyes. The people with limited night vision don't see the eyes, however, even when the monster is outside of their view circle.

I'm going to play around with this some more, but at this rate I'm gonna chalk the issue up to an I-D-10-T error on my end.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:11:21 pm by Xeldrakka »