Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unable to remove TESB?  (Read 710 times)

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
Unable to remove TESB?
« on: May 18, 2017, 10:41:50 am »

I'm sorta tearing my hair out- is there a way to ACTUALLY disable The Earth Strikes Back? It's not what I'm looking for, and I can't seem to actually remove it without deleting the raws manually. Toggling it on and off in the launcher, even in a freshly unpacked copy, does nothing. And it's repeatedly frustrating to be an hour or three into a new game when my dwarves are suddenly attacked by awakend stone and wyrms (which I'd checked in Arena mode to ensure they didn't exist!)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to remove TESB?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:29:47 pm »

"tesb-job-monitor -living 0 -gem 0" in the DF Hack console will fix your current version save by removing the chance of hidden gems and living stone from appearing.

I'll check the switches, I thought they was working, but If they are not I'll figure out a fix.   My apologies... just to verify its the 1.25 version correct?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:21:14 am »

Thank you! And yes, sorry, it's 1.25! The switches for everything else seem to work fine, and I can actually go into the RAWs and see that the flag is properly set on TESB stuff to disable them. I don't see it in creature_tsb.txt, however. Yet even with half of the mod disabled, the creatures still spawn, and living stone/gems exist.

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 09:07:51 am »

think wyrms are one of those hidden creatures you cant spawn in arena, like that lava crab...

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:00:26 am »

yes, In the end there was a missing tag inside of 2 files, that allowed the creatures to still be capable of spawning by the script, even if everything else was turned off.  They are failsafes for if the comment out for the job command in init fails, or if the player accidentally calls the TESB command from the console.  additionally in the restructure, the new call for the job command does fail to be commented out in v1.25.

So I'm adding those missing tags back into the raws, they are testing correctly right now.  the comment out tag in the init is rather slippery... I can move the TESB call back to its original location which will make it comment out correctly, but I moved it to "group" it better with when it should be initiated.  Its original call was on world load, which is what is done when embark screen/start playing is ran, along with world gen and other things.  I moved it to when the map is loaded (after embark is completed or when the map is resumed) where it was needed to be.  The "MW launcher" doesn't seem to want to read that file, which was not something I expected, so I'm at a loss...  I really like the split init process as it cleans up the readability of what is going on in that section, but I may have to have to accomplish more !!FUN!! and !!SCIENCE!! before I get that to work correctly... for now if I can't come up with a solution before 1.26, I'll just move it back to where I know it will turn itself on and off correctly with the current launcher.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal