Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Sage Vampire  (Read 687 times)

CrundleHorn

• Bay Watcher
  • CrundleHorn
    • View Profile
Goblin Sage Vampire
« on: June 11, 2017, 10:13:57 pm »

This happened once before and I killed the pompous vampire for being so open about his affliction. He's a goblin as well. Would anyone entertain this visitor?

CrundleHorn

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Sage Vampire
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:17:07 am »

I can't remember if sages write books?

But yes, I think you did protect the world from this helpless dangerous religious leader vampire.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Sage Vampire
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 06:14:15 am »

Currently all vampire visitors are announced as such on the announcement screen, but not on the units screen. That is a bug, but as long as there are no means to keep visitors away from places they have no reason to visit, employ bouncers, use guards that can actually intervene when a vampire starts to feed, etc. I'd prefer the bug to remain unfixed.
I try to keep a close watch over the announcement and kill off any visiting vampires.

Sage is one kind of researcher, so they can write books. That visitor would go to the library and perform research (when not snacking, praying, or socializing).