Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which New Faction Idea Interests You

Far East (Heavy Melee Focus)
- 4 (14.3%)
Reinhart (Genetic Mods and Babysnatching)
- 7 (25%)
Government Remnants (High Tech Russian Aesthetic)
- 11 (39.3%)
Focus on Current Factions
- 6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ***CORROSION*** (v2.14a) (DF 44.02) <<More Than Zombies>>  (Read 28909 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile

Been working on the new tileset quite a bit. Reworked the font and made the color scheme a warmer more menacing red instead of a calming pastel-blue.

I can't show any in-game screenshots atm because of "complications" that you can probably gather from the above population counter.

Anyway here's some bigger things to look forward to in the next update :

* Advanced Jewelry workshop lets you encrust metal rings with up to three gems making them very viable as a trade good.
* Wood Planks can be turned into furniture with nails (made of metal or wood) the furniture is automatically decorated with the nails
* More underground critters and stuff.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

GrandpuhTy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile

Can't wait to see the new tileset :D

* More underground critters and stuff.
Hm. Think it'd be possible to make "mini-caverns?" I think a mix of the deadly stone plus being able to stumble upon pockets of open space while mining that contains a few surprises would be FUN, similar to the idea in Rimworld where you can find walled in structures embedded in the mountains while mining.

* Wood Planks can be turned into furniture with nails (made of metal or wood) the furniture is automatically decorated with the nails
Looking forward to this, as I recall you had screws and such for metal furniture crafting in one of the old versions.

I've also started a let's play. Shameless plug: https://youtu.be/I5-lpL_Qs28

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: ***CORROSION*** (v2.10) (DF 43.05) <<Wicker and Industry>>
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 02:19:52 am »

Hm. Think it'd be possible to make "mini-caverns?" I think a mix of the deadly stone plus being able to stumble upon pockets of open space while mining that contains a few surprises would be FUN, similar to the idea in Rimworld where you can find walled in structures embedded in the mountains while mining.

Unfortunately I can't tinker with the inner workings of world generation. As cool as that would be. I plan on looking into DF Hack modding in the coming bit here, but I doubt that even that has the ability.

Looking forward to this, as I recall you had screws and such for metal furniture crafting in one of the old versions.

So far I'm very impressed of the planks -> furniture system. It helps train up metalcrafters to make nails and conserves wood. I've always felt like metalcrafters got the short end of the crafting system having to use fuel and all, this latest release actually makes it quite lucrative.

I've also started a let's play. Shameless plug: https://youtu.be/I5-lpL_Qs28
No shame here friend :P I'll put it on the first post! Haven't the time to watch it now, but I'll check it out at a more reasonable hour.

Speaking of which
2.10 is out

In a nutshell. Lots of new industry! Check out the wicker and tier 2 melee weapons.

Scavengers are last on the poll! Which I did not expect truthfully :o So I gave them the ability to copy weapons and ammo from different civs.

This will likely be the 'stable' release for quite a while.

Going forward, I will likely be creating my own story fort, probably drag in a friend to be the foreman while I 'translate'. As far as the mod is concerned I am still focused on expanding new industries. I have been researching the Kroll process and trying to think how that would fall into the game. This will eventually allow the player to smelt titanium and other harder to get metals. Picks will likely be able to do this straight from the smelter. Adding new creatures and features to SAVAGE, GOOD, and CAVERNS is a moderate priority. I'd wager I could add in the government remnants talked about earlier on the thread here by the next release as well. At the least in a bare-bones fashion.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:34:37 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 11:33:35 am »

This isn't an update, but I thought I'd post a quick status report on how things are doing :

One of the big changes that the next update will contain is a 'tech' system. Players must create Old World Machines from Contraptions, and each civilization will have it's own way of creating contraptions. Contraptions are used to create tier two items while old world machines are used to create tier two buildings. This will allow me to do several fun things.

• Make futuristic technology that would otherwise be difficult to manufacture by using Old World Machines and Contraptions as a catch all for advanced mcguffin.
  • Create simply better weapons and armor
  • Make the player choose where to spend their contraptions, because contraptions are an industry in their own to create, players must pick between tech two buildings.
  • Things like making paper out of sawdust can now be done in a unique workshop requiring an Old World Machine. This is nice because making paper beforehand was way to easy in my opinion, but I couldn't do much about it at the time because paper is easy to make one you have the machinery in general

Scavengers :
Contraptions are gathered through either scavenging foreign guns, or they are gathered by processing car 'trees' found throughout most maps.

Enlightened
Contraptions are gathered by using wood products of all kinds, from ash to pearlash.

Not implemented yet:

Picks
A lot of blacksmithery and stoneworking stuff, mechanisms, animal traps, slabs, whatever makes "sense".

Desert Devils
Not 100% sure yet. Possibly using bones, cloth, and silk. More 'natural items' in general that can't otherwise be made in resource scarce environments.

Otherwise here's some other exciting changes.

Cinnabar can be smelted into Mercury, mercury can be used for Gilding (basically decorating with silver/gold w/o fuel) and mercury is used by civilizations for their own unique items.

Scavengers - Mercury Bullets, aka exploding bullets, basically turns 22 and 45 bullets into shotguns. Quite nice since the 22 is otherwise very weak.

Enlightened - Alchemy style stuff, being able to turn base metals into more valuable ones.

Haven't gotten the other two yet.

* Fixed Kroll and Baddylite stuff. Now it all works.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2017, 01:21:42 am »

Am I going to miss lots of stuff if I use phoebus tileset with this?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 09:37:54 pm »

Am I going to miss lots of stuff if I use phoebus tileset with this?

Nope the mod comes with a simple custom Tileset and color file. You'll probably have some missing graphics but you should be fine.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2017, 04:52:27 pm »

Hi IT000,

I recall some years back in the original corrosion that there was a nice minimalist tileset used. I like that graphics it had, any chance of it getting a rerun in the revived edition?
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2017, 11:40:58 pm »

Hells yeah. I've always wanted to play this mod, but I was saddened by the lack of activity from the author. I shall be sad no more.

However, considering I only just came back to DF a few weeks ago, jumping straight into Corrosion without even having set up major industries in my vanilla fort yet seems like it'd be a bad idea at best.

Anyways, I'm interested to see how it all ultimately turns out.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: ***CORROSION*** (v2.13) (DF 43.05) <<~150 more reactions>>
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 08:04:51 pm »

Hi IT000,

I recall some years back in the original corrosion that there was a nice minimalist tileset used. I like that graphics it had, any chance of it getting a rerun in the revived edition?

You know you're the second person to request the previous tileset. I guess people liked it after all  :P I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I will attempt to upload something as soon as I get some spare time again here.

Hells yeah. I've always wanted to play this mod, but I was saddened by the lack of activity from the author. I shall be sad no more.

However, considering I only just came back to DF a few weeks ago, jumping straight into Corrosion without even having set up major industries in my vanilla fort yet seems like it'd be a bad idea at best.

Anyways, I'm interested to see how it all ultimately turns out.

Thanks for your support :) I have tried to make Corrosion much more unforgiving Fun. So feel free to give a round or two to get back on the bike :P

First : Some funny business :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second, some serious business.

NEW UPDATE
PICS

New civs

New cavern trees (mostly)

Advanced Crafting

The Big Update is that there is now an official tier or tech system in the game. Civs create contraptions and Old World Machines from contraptions. Right now, Old World Machines are used for constructing advanced workshops. Contraptions will eventually be used for advanced items, but at the moment only serve for Old World Machines.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:14:35 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

GrandpuhTy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2017, 04:19:57 pm »

I've started up another fort, looking forward to playing around with a lot of the new industries and workshops(lazyboys for everyone!). The freshwater marsh colony of Largeblunt looks to be in a good position to have river cane products as its main export, but the farmers seems to have their own higher priorities. Wolfram seems to be everywhere which is good and bad, good because it's still a metal and bad because I can't use it to kill things :C

Off hand what do the cars look like? Are they technically trees or plants?

EDIT: My game seems to be crashing on trying to load a save, specifically when loading adventures and artifacts.
Nevermind, it decided it wanted to load again.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:40:24 pm by GrandpuhTy »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2017, 09:07:38 am »

Hey Chaps. Working on diversifying the zombies a bit. Here's an example of what I have so far.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The species consists of two castes, a husk and a virus. The husk (description above) is a slow moving dolt of a humanoid. They cannot infect other humans. The Viruses are smaller flying creatures that can bite and turn humans.

If any of you folks have any ideas or suggestions for new infected let me know.

Thanks for starting the Let's Play GrandpuhTy :) Let me know how things go.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:09:10 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2017, 07:39:22 am »

Thought you'd find this interesting - someone brought up your mod in the nightmare fuel section for Dwarf Fortress over at TV Tropes.

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 01:37:10 pm »

THIS MOD IS FAWKIN DOPE  :o  (im also an oldschool fallout fangay)

edit: Im getting a crash in a particular Terrifying desert embark near a freshwater lake and with reincarnation. save is in this zip (its a whole package with DF + df hack) https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lzjcpaive68twf/df_43_05_win_corrosion.rar?dl=0
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:22:36 pm by redivider »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2017, 09:15:41 am »

Thought you'd find this interesting - someone brought up your mod in the nightmare fuel section for Dwarf Fortress over at TV Tropes.

The only nightmare fuel here is the clown IT telling IT about his nightmare fuel. :P Thanks for the fun read.

THIS MOD IS FAWKIN DOPE  :o  (im also an oldschool fallout fangay)

edit: Im getting a crash in a particular Terrifying desert embark near a freshwater lake and with reincarnation. save is in this zip (its a whole package with DF + df hack) https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lzjcpaive68twf/df_43_05_win_corrosion.rar?dl=0

Thanks for your patience, I replied to your PM but I will check out the save as well.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 03:02:05 pm »

Hello,
Where can I see which professions are required for each workshop?

Edit:
I also can seem to figure out where the assorted blocks from the Scavenger Building is.

P.S.
There's a typo on the Plastic Workshop, it's called Plasic right now, and in the TECH AND START GUIDE you wrote accel where you meant excel.

Edit 2:
The BARK_TO_THREAD reaction currently has [REAGENT:A:1:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:BARK] which means that it will be producing about 150 thread. I'm assuming that's not intentional. I fixed it for myself but it was rather insane when I suddenly had 5000 thread

Edit 3:
Plastic Workshop uses SOAP_MAKER to build but all the reactions seem to use WAX_WORKING, unsure if this is intentional, fixed it for myself as it's kind of weird.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:17:11 pm by Demonbutter »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4