Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which New Faction Idea Interests You

Far East (Heavy Melee Focus)
- 4 (14.3%)
Reinhart (Genetic Mods and Babysnatching)
- 7 (25%)
Government Remnants (High Tech Russian Aesthetic)
- 11 (39.3%)
Focus on Current Factions
- 6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ***CORROSION*** (v2.14a) (DF 44.02) <<More Than Zombies>>  (Read 28464 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: ***CORROSION*** (v2.13) (DF 43.05) <<~150 more reactions>>
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2017, 12:41:05 pm »

Hello,
Where can I see which professions are required for each workshop?

For reactions in each workshop? Or the construction of the workshop?
I suppose I could use the new DESCRIPTION tag to clear this issue up.

Edit:
I also can seem to figure out where the assorted blocks from the Scavenger Building is.

P.S.
There's a typo on the Plastic Workshop, it's called Plasic right now, and in the TECH AND START GUIDE you wrote accel where you meant excel.

Hah  :P
Fixed

Edit 2:
The BARK_TO_THREAD reaction currently has [REAGENT:A:1:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:BARK] which means that it will be producing about 150 thread. I'm assuming that's not intentional. I fixed it for myself but it was rather insane when I suddenly had 5000 thread
Ah, the problem is that threat comes in sizes of 15000 so plugging product_dimension:15000 at the end along with 150 in the reagent solves the issue. Fixed.

Edit 3:
Plastic Workshop uses SOAP_MAKER to build but all the reactions seem to use WAX_WORKING, unsure if this is intentional, fixed it for myself as it's kind of weird.

Nice catch
Fixed
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 12:45:00 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ***CORROSION*** (v2.13) (DF 43.05) <<~150 more reactions>>
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2017, 02:09:29 pm »

Glad to be of assistance.

I also can seem to figure out where the assorted blocks from the Scavenger Building is.

I meant I can't (woops) figure out where to store the outputs from the Scavenged cars, the bark and sawdust.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: ***CORROSION*** (v2.14) (DF 44.02) <<400 Reaction Extravaganza>>
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2017, 11:37:43 am »

Alright, update for latest version of DF is up get it while it's hot!
Things in the mod now.

400 New Reactions
New Infected Type ::: Husks
     Regular infantry can not infect you
     Flying fragile viruses can
     You either get these guys or regular zombies.

Things on the Agenda
* A new babysnatching civ now that that's fixed
* Improved Traps
* More Infected Types
* Experimentation with new animal tags

I've also posted a new poll. I'm going to be adding a new faction, all three listed will likely be added eventually but if the community has any preference, please vote so I can focus on the favored choice.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:44:30 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ***CORROSION*** (v2.14) (DF 44.02) <<More Than Zombies>>
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2017, 01:07:14 pm »

No special Corrosion world parameters for this version?  :-\

Edit: for some reason hunters with xbows aren't hunting, is this a known bug?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 04:08:59 pm by Demonbutter »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 12:03:57 pm »

No special Corrosion world parameters for this version?  :-\

Edit: for some reason hunters with xbows aren't hunting, is this a known bug?
1) ah shoot they are in a separate folder and I forgot to paste them over.
From what I've read I'll have to make a new one anyway but I'll see about releasing a hotfix soonish

2) I'll try to confirm this on my end. Double check to make sure the hunters have bows in their quiver and not bullets. You can change what ammo hunters can use through the military screen.

Also thanks to everyone who has done the poll. I am curious to hear the opinion of people who want me to focus on the current factions. If you selected or have opinions on this choice please post! I am always open to new ideas.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: ***CORROSION*** (v2.14a) (DF 44.02) <<More Than Zombies>>
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2017, 05:18:27 pm »

Quick change couple of bugfixes.
1) Now has advanced World Gen stuff (Thanks Demonbutter)
2) Noticed that the Alloy Smelter had the [NEEDS_MAGMA] tag when it shouldn't. You can now make alloys.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2017, 06:26:43 pm »

2) I'll try to confirm this on my end. Double check to make sure the hunters have bows in their quiver and not bullets. You can change what ammo hunters can use through the military screen.

Yea, I made sure of that but it didn't really help.

I made due without it, I didn't really need it for the food but it was the ranged experience I was going for.
Also, I'm yet to figure out where to stockpile bark and sawdust. It's driving me nuts.

Also thanks to everyone who has done the poll. I am curious to hear the opinion of people who want me to focus on the current factions. If you selected or have opinions on this choice please post! I am always open to new ideas. 

It's my understanding that playing as the Scavengers revolves around the car parts and such but I have a hard time lucking out on embarking in areas with any at all most of the times so what I'm getting at is allow for a semi advanced workshop, as in awkwardly sized and with a decent amount of required furniture to construct workshop, to convert materials into scrap for further refinement. Said workshop could be considered a "trading" outpost or some sort of "excavation site" i.e. the trading post could consume raw materials (gems, cloth, leather, metals), maybe even certain crafts, into the scrap. Or on the other hand, excavation site could convert stones, which can be dangerous to accrue, into scrap. As for building the workshop, I suppose the outpost could require a bunch of tables, coffers, thrones, and the sort where as the excavation site more in the lines of querns, ropes/chains, and mechanisms.

I also suppose that creating more bottle-necks in production should make for much more interesting game-play and kind of force the player to branch into multiple industries, as it stands, a player can just focus on one raw material and build a rather successful fortress out of it. As an example, the Advanced Clothiers Workshop can pretty much make anything you'd ever need and the materials used can be grown for the larger part of the year which, to me, really trivializes a lot of the process of building a post-apocalyptic settlement of rag-tag peoples. The same goes for the Advanced Leather Workshop. I don't really want to go into detail here unless you're interested in the direction I'm going with this.

Those are just rambling ideas. I haven't thought about it much. I'd actually be interested in some more detailed documentation, as in the labors per workshop, if any of the added plants require milling/pressing/can be used for dyes, and what things could be expected from some of your special reactions without giving away any surprises you have in store. Maybe even cleaning up some of your raws and organizing them better.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:01:03 pm by Demonbutter »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2018, 08:29:15 pm »

Well I let Corrosion sit over the holiday season but played with the mod a bit to test the new version. Played as the desert Devils, stole everything, and now I have nonstop sieges. Overall I call it a great success.

Otherwise Ive been trying to get a Sig banner working for a while now but nothing seems to work  ::)

poll
It seems like all three civs are fairly likable. Which is good, but the current civs do need a bit fleshing out and that option edged out a victory. I'll put some legwork into it.

Demonbutter

It sounds like you have a lot of interesting ideas and I would love to hear more about them. I have attempted to make industries a fort wide effort, and while that has succeeded in some areas such as plastic and gunmaking, however I do share the opinion that the Adv. Leather and clothier shops could use a bit more to them then setting down a couple pieces of furniture.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2018, 10:24:49 pm »

Specific machine shared by both workshops - battery + OW Machine + a little plastic and iron = Tailoring machine. Add table and you have a heavy but very valuable tailoring bench. These machines are invaluable, especially when assembled by skilled engineers who know what the hell they were doing, and quite heavy.

This could perhaps branch out into building other specific workbenches for advanced workshops (a machining bench for making firearms as the scavvers and picks, a properly prepared set of chemistry tools and a chem lab worktop for the enlightened, things like that.) When packaged for transit, they can be sold as exceedingly valuable trade goods, as everyone wants working models, be they pre-infection or post-infection make.

Really need to redownload this and giver'er another go with demons enabled, so there's actual zombies about.

Frock_13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2018, 11:37:01 pm »

I have to say that this is a wonderful mod, I remember playing it several years ago when it was still fairly basic and loving it. I'm really happy to see how far it's come in my hiatus away from DF, I have run into one problem with it though. Does anyone happen to know how to properly merge DFhack with Corrosion? I keep getting a error from DFhack saying it is an unrecognized version of Dwarf Fortress and it doesn't start. Not really sure what to do here, I don't have a whole lot of experience editing files and whatnot. Any information would be appreciated! Again love this mod!

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2018, 10:49:42 am »

It's not the latest version so maybe youre using a newer DF hack?

Frock_13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2018, 10:09:47 pm »

Awesome, yeah that's what the issue was. I don't know why I didn't think to check that. Thanks so much!!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2018, 10:06:41 pm »

Started up the game (with demons enabled this time.)

I'm gonna be that guy and again say the default tileset looks gross and like it was done with a damned crayon. Gonna power through it regardless, start with the Raiders or Scavvers; not sure which I wanna start with. I give it five years tops before I have a repeat of my last one  in 34.11 where half the militia got eaten by zombies, food was depleted, and everyone freaked the hell out and started punching each other while hiding in a dirt-layer "bunker" consisting of beds against a wall and a couple locked doors.

EDIT: For a second I thought one Scavver hamlet was called "Adblock"

EDIT II: Okay, so I went with the Raiders. Right off the bat, unless everyone else has made heavy use of this feature, the throwing knives are too much. Even without ammo assigned your melee fighters will hog the quivers, which is very, very bad if you need a bunch of riflemen and/or pistoleers but have a bunch of "unequipped" melee fighters and not enough stuff to make more quivers than you have fledgling gun men in their separate squad.

For example, I have one rifleman, and three melee fighters equipped with a sickle, a lock on a chain, and a mace. I only really need one quiver, but I have to make four because the Raid Leader's squad gets first pick of equipment - which includes quivers for their nonexistent and unassigned ammo.

It might be best to limit it to two "throwing" weapons that are meant for melee but have the option as a sort of skirmish weapon - a Bowie knife or machete and some throwing knives, and a Trenchhawk (A tomahawk made from an old E-tool, which would thematically fit the Raiders) and throwing axes.

And this one's a bit of a nitpick, but it's spelled "Mauser" not "Mauzer" and the carbine is full-power bolt action rifle. Oddly enough there is a .45 Mauser handgun, but it's a Chinese copy of the C96.

EDIT III

Okay, so yeah. The throwing knives thing has to go. it's nearly impossible to do a generic equipment assignments (indiv. choice - melee, ranged, or weapon) with weaponry because so many of the raider weapons count as ranged weapons, which leads to your melee squad either being unarmed or carrying rifles and pistols with throwing knives into battle because of how the AI picks weapons based on value and quality, not what you actually need.

For example, if I have a bunch of sickles, locks, and suchlike, then I can't use the melee option and let the troops figure out what they wanna use on their own, and the ranged/weapon option may lead to them grabbing a pistol or crossbow instead of that bike lock or baseball bat I wanted them to grab because the pistol is more valuable, or they like crossbows. It unintentionally makes it excessively micro-intensive to arm your raiders, because you have to manually assign every soldier a weapon to make sure they'll use the right class of "melee" or ranged gear.

On the upside, survived my first attack by discount fallout super mutants! They uh.... They messed my guys up pretty good. 2 -1 K/D ratio in their favor.

GrandpuhTy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2018, 01:54:05 am »

Found a little bug turning planks and sawdust into ash in their respective workshops/furnaces. I don't really know how to read or work with the raws, but changing the second last :NONE: in this line:

[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:NONE:ASH][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

to :ASH: seemed to fix the issue of these reactions spitting out generic "bars."

Code: (reaction_misc) [Select]
(41)[REACTION:SAWDUST_TO_ASH]
[NAME:sawdust to ash]
[BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:SAWDUST]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[BAG]
[CONTAINS:A]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:ASH:ASH][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:25:1:BAR:NONE:ASH:ASH][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:WOOD_BURNING]

Code: (reaction_scavenger) [Select]
(49)[REACTION:MAKE_ASH_BLOCKS]
[NAME:make ash from planks]
[BUILDING:SCAVENGER_SITE:CUSTOM_SHIFT_B]
[REAGENT:A:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:ASH:ASH][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:25:1:BAR:NONE:ASH:ASH][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:WOOD_BURNING]

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2018, 09:54:55 pm »

It would be cool to have a sort of high tech enclave esque faction, and the Russian aesthetic sounds interesting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]