Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/11  (Read 40462 times)

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 4/8
« Reply #495 on: October 14, 2017, 07:40:54 pm »

(1) Mongrel Interrogation: RAM
(1) Material-Magic Interaction: Madman
(1) Project ARMS: Hibou

Project A.R.M.S.
(Ambidextrous Rotary Manipulator Systems)

Project ARMS is a new effort of the R&D team to create the most aptly named project to date: the development of prosthetic arms. Due to recent events, one of our soldiers has been forcibly and traumatically disarmed and using the technology we put together saving another soldier, we have created the next logical step in the prosthetic program. Having only minor tweaks to most of the model, most of R&D's work will go into creating feasible replicas of the human hand that can not only replicate the delicate movements of its biological counterpart but also be able to send back neurological feedback to sense temperature and touch.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 14, 2017, 07:48:38 pm »

We need the money. That costs, I believe, 150R AT MINIMUM. And that's just for the minimum effort invested, and minimum gain acquired.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 14, 2017, 11:55:07 pm »

We need the money. That costs, I believe, 150R AT MINIMUM. And that's just for the minimum effort invested, and minimum gain acquired.

As stated Loooooooooong ago, prosthetic arms alone would be 50R. To get to the next level of cybernetics, we would need 150R in addition to what you already have spent on the legs. If you do go the arm route, it would take 100R to get to the next level of cybernetics.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 15, 2017, 09:39:25 am »

Was it? I was just confusing my numbers, then. Same difference, we'd need/want/have use of the next level anyways.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 15, 2017, 03:10:28 pm »

Parallel Prototype Production Plant
When the design team absolutely cannot agree on anything, the engineers can now produce prototype versions of all items. These prototypes cannot be mass-produced and receive a penalty on rolls, but contribute towards eventually producing a production-model of the proposal such that repeatedly prototyping the same proposal will eventually achieve the same result as just doing it as a single proposal in the first place.

P.S.
 I am uncertain as to whether this is a serious proposal. I am trying to make a joke here, but it looks hauntingly useful considering our voting tendencies...

P.P.S.
 What is the cost of material-magic interaction?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 17, 2017, 10:10:56 pm »

I should probably do a Halloween event. The question is-should it be a Trick or a Treat?

Parallel Prototype Production Plant
When the design team absolutely cannot agree on anything, the engineers can now produce prototype versions of all items. These prototypes cannot be mass-produced and receive a penalty on rolls, but contribute towards eventually producing a production-model of the proposal such that repeatedly prototyping the same proposal will eventually achieve the same result as just doing it as a single proposal in the first place.

P.S.
 I am uncertain as to whether this is a serious proposal. I am trying to make a joke here, but it looks hauntingly useful considering our voting tendencies...

P.P.S.

PPPP: Sounds like a lot of work :0. Need to think how this would work.

Er. Lets say 50R for all the rune materials, and its very unlikely to lead to anything at this stage of magic.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 17, 2017, 10:39:34 pm »

Really? Darnit, I thought we knew more... Alright, do we still have a single soldier without anything special to his name?

Analyze the Black Spellbook
No, really. See if we can't find some neat new combinations of runes! Give it a "can it be taught to a grunt" slant this time, OK? I want to know how hard it might be to hand a grunt a spellbook and have them...drumroll please...work spells.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 17, 2017, 10:40:54 pm »

(1) Mongrel Interrogation: RAM
(0) Material-Magic Interaction:
(1) Black Spellbook Study: Madman

Stirk, when you're ready to update, if the tie's not broken then we'll just go for Project ARMS. I don't really want to spend the resources, but it's probably the best option we've got.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 17, 2017, 10:45:04 pm »

(2) Mongrel Interrogation: RAM, Shadowclaw777

Reasoning, interrogation if successful will mean we get a decent understanding on the intent of the enemies, provide research possibles and credits because of more understanding of the mongrels. And maybe the successful dice and divergence will result in mongrel strength-boosting physiology knowledge to add to our own soldiers, like how muton berzerkers in Xcom 2012 provided combat stims, that temporarily halved damage because of zerker blood
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:00:12 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 17, 2017, 10:47:27 pm »

Any intel those guys have is several missions out of date (Read: USELESS) and also not terribly useful anyways. We need to stop getting wrecked/succeeding through luck/taking unnecessary casualties first.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 17, 2017, 10:49:02 pm »

(3) Mongrel Interrogation: RAM, Shadowclaw777, Hibou
(0) Project ARMS:

I'll concede. We are low on money, and learning more about these guys could open some interesting magical doors. (Healing, transformation, etc.)

Make no mistake, however. Project ARMS will return. The next generation of super robot punching dudes is coming.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 17, 2017, 11:07:46 pm »

...Was not entirely correct in everything I just said?

We're burning an action best done after a fresh capture. Also, we don't know enough about magic to understand what to look for, not yet. If we can even inscribe runes we've researched onto an object, how on earth do you plan to learn any magic from those guys?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 17, 2017, 11:09:53 pm »

Really? Darnit, I thought we knew more... Alright, do we still have a single soldier without anything special to his name?

Analyze the Black Spellbook
No, really. See if we can't find some neat new combinations of runes! Give it a "can it be taught to a grunt" slant this time, OK? I want to know how hard it might be to hand a grunt a spellbook and have them...drumroll please...work spells.

Nien. You had a full team's worth of equipment when you added the grenade launcher.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 18, 2017, 02:10:22 am »

This looks interesting. PTW.
I am slightly concerned that after 5 months and 34 pages, we still don't know about magic.  :P
Project ARMS sound pretty useful, but unless someone wants to give me a primer, I don't have enough of a frame of reference to know one way or the other.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 18, 2017, 02:15:15 am »

If someone else votes for the black spellbook, they can move me to it too. I am really tempted to fill out our spellbook line but for now I am more worried about continuing the tie. Also, they keep killing our potential prisoners, and we know basically nothing about their operation, even old intelligence is better than nothing.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42