Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beserk from Hallucinations?  (Read 908 times)

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beserk from Hallucinations?
« on: May 21, 2017, 09:33:58 am »

So far, I have had three dwarves go Beserk! from hallucinations and start killing animals.  No strange moods were involved.  In the thoughts I see "She is horrified due to terrifying hallucinations.  She rages due to terrifying hallucinations."    The dwarves in question were perfectly happy until this happened.

Any idea what could cause this to happen?
Thanks!
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beserk from Hallucinations?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:24:31 am »

They most probably ate a fooditem made from mossrova parts, you have to go through your foodstorage and sort out and forbid any drink or food with mossrova in it.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 10:17:46 pm »

Oh holy hell? Really? Thanks!
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:58:02 pm »

Ok.  So, I wasn't not going to go through all of my prepared meals to find the mossrova ones.  I came up with this script:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ugly, but it works.

From now on wild Mossrova will be trained and then pitted into magma.
Dan Pearson:

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 05:01:12 pm »

then syndrome can be inhaled too.. make sure you have lids on those pots.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal