Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spacefox Wall Tiles Error  (Read 1598 times)

3wirerick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Spacefox Wall Tiles Error
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:57:12 pm »

Some of my rough walls in the spacefox tileset are showing up as wall grates or food items. This doesn't happen when I use spacefox in the LNP, is there a manual way to fix this, files I can swap or something ? Thanks in advance for any help.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox Wall Tiles Error
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 07:25:50 pm »

Old issue with spacefox, the raws were broken sometime last summer, by the creator of spacefox... I don't think anyone went back and checked to see if the raws were updated...  If you wanted to update them manually, I would suggest finding the folder labeled spacefox in the masterworkdwarffortress folder, find the raws inside of that.  take a look at the current version of spacefox(its probably somewhere over in the tilset/graphics forum). then replace each and every [TILE:x:x:x] line in the raws, with the version in the current spacefox...  Its probably somewhere around 200 lines.   I wish I had an easier way to get it done.  great thing is since you only have an issue with the "inorganic_stone" then that should be the only file you fix... If you get that far, copy and paste it here.  Otherwise its on my list of things that need to get done, but a low priority, if I get to done with the stuff I've promised, I'll look into it next.  not sure but mifki may have a version of this coming out with twbt next, i can't remember if its this one, obsidian, or some other file hes making examples of for twbt - next.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:28:37 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

3wirerick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 08:53:36 pm »

Thankyou for the reply, I've never edited any raw file or any other file in dwarf fortress before so I didn't even know where to look for the problem. I did fix the issue I just replaced the inorganic_stone_layer.txt with the one that is in the spacefox folder of the latest LNP, they both had 241 lines so I assume there are no masterwork specific stones added, then manually added the "tile:132" for olivine in the inorganic_stone_mineral.txt file. I'm sure masterwork has some minerals that vanilla doesn't have so I will go through and edit all the ones that don't have a proper tile number in the mineral file and post a pastebin link for both the inorganic_stone_mineral.txt and the inorganic_stone_layer.txt in a few hours.

3wirerick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 09:27:45 pm »

I did more looking around and found that masterwork has it's own mineral file and the inorganic_stone_mineral.txt in the masterwork spacefox folder and the newer spacefox inorganic_stone_mineral.txt from the LNP have the same amount of lines so I just replaced that file too and it's working nicely. If anyone else has this issue just know you have to replace the files in both the spacefox folder and the raw in the data/save folders so it will update your saved maps as well. Thanks again.

New : inorganic_stone_mineral.txt
https://pastebin.com/PkBFrzmh

New : inorganic_stone_layer.txt
https://pastebin.com/iJpscKmX

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 10:12:48 pm »

perfect! yeah if you don't replace it in that other folder... when you switch graphics it wont know to save what you changed (in other words if you switched to obsidian then came back to spacefox... the errors return).  I downloaded those files. thanks for the help... I was knee deep in the middle of MMMMM and ZM5 mod updates.  I'll add them to the 1.26 repository in the morning, and check them for anything else that might be missing.  but its looking good!

Thanks again!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal