Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where are raws for the Nightmare horse creature?  (Read 833 times)

UNOwenWasMe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Where are raws for the Nightmare horse creature?
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:53:00 pm »

Hello everyone, I'm having fun with the mod and making my own edits.

However, I can't for the sake of all that is good find the RAW data for the Nightmare creature Goblins and Succubi use when they invade.
They are way too big to be that numerous, one successful kick in the head kill my legendary dorfs, with full armor.

I would like to remove their existence altogether, or at least strip away 40% or their size, or make the goblins not ride them. But I can't find ANY related data on them in the raws.

If you can help out, I will be awaiting the reply.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where are raws for the Nightmare horse creature?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 05:15:03 pm »

Hello everyone, I'm having fun with the mod and making my own edits.

However, I can't for the sake of all that is good find the RAW data for the Nightmare creature Goblins and Succubi use when they invade.
They are way too big to be that numerous, one successful kick in the head kill my legendary dorfs, with full armor.

I would like to remove their existence altogether, or at least strip away 40% or their size, or make the goblins not ride them. But I can't find ANY related data on them in the raws.

If you can help out, I will be awaiting the reply.

lol...  there's several... avoid the random creature files... they should all be fanciful and not exist... and fly you would be complaining about flying...

the one you are looking for is in creature_succubus_summoning.

I think there is also a nightmare in the ZM5 stuff.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 07:21:29 am »

I'm fairly sure Meph renamed my own modpack's "Nightmare" horses to something else (Sleipnir IIRC) - I kept mine the same size as regular horses.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 07:48:00 am »

That's right... I lost it when I redid the ZM5 files... I'll update the name in 1.28 so they are easier to distinguish.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 08:18:25 am »

Yeah, some renaming would definitely help with distinguishing some of the creatures, since a lot of creatures in my pack are based off of common mythological creatures.

I think in the initial post to the last update Meph made he outlined which creatures were renamed, i.e "Behemoth" into "Goliath", "Cerberus" into "Giant Cerberus", "Raptor" into "Allosaurus", etc.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 01:38:48 pm »

lol yeah but If I had to check every creature for duplicate names... I'd have to change a lot more than that, as Meph duplicated his own creatures lol.  I need an easy way to identify every creature in the raws and then compare for duplicate... by name not definition token..
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group