Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Barons of the Galaxy: Defend your monopoly of video games with a war fleet.  (Read 24731 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Barons of the Galaxy is in browser economy based game set in a future where corporations have taken over everything.  Congratulations you are one of those corporations.  Simplest discription that comes to my mind is a cross between Capitalism and Imperium Nova

The game is free to play with optional subscription.  There are a number of features locked behind the subscription but not having one doesn't prevent you from playing the game.

Start off by extracting raw materials.  Move on to creating material components and eventually end consumer goods.  Conversely you can just get rich watching the market and buying low and selling high.  Use your riches to fund a military to protect your investments from raiders or crazed machines.  Then join in politics and get elected ruler of a city, planet or solar system.

The game world is ever expanding.  New cities will spawn at locations that players create a large amount of industry.  Once a system has enough cities a new solar system will be opened up for exploitation.  City population is dependent on corporations bringing in products to meet enough of their demand.

Spoiler: Our Solar System (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CHARTS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GRAPHS (click to show/hide)

Edit: The game was reset on October 5th, 2019.  Anyone who previously played is receiving a bonus and anyone who has payed before will receive benefits based on that as well.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:03:45 pm by Shooer »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For anyone interested we have a guild in game: Underhome Extraction

Just let one of us know your corporation name if you want to join.  You will need to check the guild page under the corporate tab to even know if you got an invite or not.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:38:38 pm by Shooer »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds interesting, but what is locked behing subscription? There's a wide gulf between 'tools of convenience' and 'you'll be curbstomped by a subscriber no matter what'

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two main things subscribers get only:
1) Is voting on events or getting elected ruler.  Ruler mainly means a free income based on the population of the city/planet/system.
2) Is being able to move HQ off Earth.  This one is kind of big.  Having your HQ near your production reduces costs.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So in the long term, you won't be able to compete against subscribers because they'll be vastly more efficient as the game universe expands.

It means I'll still give it a look, but I'll also be far more ready to drop it like a hot potato.

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How heavily invested do you need to be in this game?
I like browser games like this where I can log on for 20 minutes and thats it.

Sometimes I find with browser games that revolve around time based construction and actions I'm constantly checking it every 30 minutes.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can play as actively as you want.

I personally focus on setting up industry chains.  I mainly need to check the game maybe twice a day to make sure my transports are going to the best city to ensure I'm making a profit.
For reference a ACP to build a new structure takes nearly 9 hours to make, but you can schedule a transport to pick it up as soon as it's done and move it to where you want it without having to be there.

There are of course others who are a lot more active.  They are on watching events and trying to take advantage of them quickly.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have formed Exostar and I am focusing on Exotic Minerals as it was suggested during creation.

Though mining basic minerals till I can setup a quarry at an exotic node.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

Pretty fun game, actively developed and it seems the players got a say in the development plan. Right now my biggest slump is pretty much being unable to get a really good income going, but hopefully with some more industry branching this changes. We also got a guild going and a sort of discord, so hop on in if you're interested.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also watching a high level kaiju slowly tear it's way across Earth.  People keep feeding it trucks, mostly accidentally.  It will be at it's target in roughly 9 hours and when it get's there we will see how the volunteers guarding Earth stand up.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile

The poor Kaiju got almost killed by earths combined military in a single round, even before we poured several hundred thousand tons of its personal kryptonite on it in order to finish it off in what was probably the most painful way possible. Who is the real monster now?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:50:03 am by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

Capitalism.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What if we need Godzilla next time? Who will save us!

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile

I can't seem to create a corporation. Every time I hit "Create your Corporation" on Tutorial 1, it tells me that "There has been an Error with the website" I'll try again later but this isn't promising.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

I can't seem to create a corporation. Every time I hit "Create your Corporation" on Tutorial 1, it tells me that "There has been an Error with the website" I'll try again later but this isn't promising.

I just got the same thing :C

EDIT: anyone got a fix for this?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:08:50 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13