Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Barons of the Galaxy: Defend your monopoly of video games with a war fleet.  (Read 24900 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

If you do it inbetween a turn change your stuff won't save, yeah it's pretty annoying.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only the loop is saved, you have to reset where it loops when you reload the save.  Just got to keep reminding Dread about it and he may get around to fix it.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Another question: One of my quarries is on the Earth location with the highest Exotic Minerals supply, and it says "OCrowd 97%". I assume this means the sector is overcrowded? How does this work?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For every 10 points harvested over 1000 everyone pays 1% more to produce at that location.  You are paying nearly double to produce raw material in that location.

Most of us move raw material harvesting off Earth as soon as we can.  Fewer people to crowed you and higher producing locations are cheaper as well.

I only have a few mines on Earth left.  I've moved most to Io and Jupiter.  Making Sport and Super cars on Io to sell to Earth.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Interesting. I started off with trying to expand my operation on Earth, but with the Overcrowd factor for my exotic minerals at 111% and seemingly climbing, it's probably time to start scouting around the solar system!

Also, I've joined the guild, does that provide any benefits I should know of right now?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been playing a while as Redsem, specializing in Meat. Wouldn't mind an invite to the guild.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Invite was sent and guilds don't really offer much.  Though we do have a few members who are willing to put up guild contracts at pretty good prices.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile

KzerZaLLC, currently producing Basic Materials and working on setting up Heavy Materials soon. I never did any math, but I'm profiting, so I must be doing something right.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a guild chat I am not seeing or are we limited to here?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Started playing and am presently operating in Karachi, mining raw meterials and producing Experimental Electronics for sale in Budapest. It's quite fun.

But I am perpetually annoyed by the UI. It's so slow, the dropdowns are annoying and cannot tell what resources you have or are producing somewhere, the resources view seemingly has to refresh the entire page to show/hide resources, refreshing after turn end requires a refresh of the page, the construction menu doesn't display what resources a building uses, for some ungodly reason you can make multiple bookmarks of a single location and the bookmark associated with a place isn't displayed when looking at a place, the order menu has no integration with the map beyond bookmarks(which is in some way good, because the map is so slow) and so on.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could use the advice of more experienced players.

I started playing just a few days ago, focusing on arbitrage, and have expanded to a modest business of nine routes on Earth and one in Sol. However, I'm finding that supply and demand can shift rapidly enough that I'm checking the ledger every few hours just to make sure that none of my haulers are either buying high and selling low, or are getting stuck moving just a few units a turn due to issues with a city's capacity to buy or sell. Even for the dedicated transport for my water purification plant, I've had to adjust the destination every day to keep up with shifting demand.

Is there any way I can modify my operation so it can more reliably operate on its own with a couple days at least between adjustments, so I don't have to worry as much about the automation making me go bankrupt?

I am in the early most phase of setting up a self-contained production of a tier 2 good fully off world, which hopefully won't be as burdensome a way to make a profit, but if I'm still having to shift the final product's haulers' destinations frequently, it won't bode well for my sanity if I try to expand my operations much further. Between this and Lands of Lords, I don't think I can put up with both games.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Doesn't sounds like arbitrage works very well. Just produce something high in demand and sell it to the city with the highest demand, the demand hasn't dropped very much in my experience. I've just been transitioning from Exotic Minerals -> Experimental Electronics -> Cyberwear and haven't run into any scenario where my balance would go negative.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's just keeping it running overnight, producing Experimental Electronics. Are you producing something with a weirdly volatile supply or with high overcrowd penalties?

EDIT: Or maybe you're buying lots of resources? Buying is hella expensive compared to producing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:56:51 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Income isn't my immediate concern, it's volatility. I make an acceptable income and have built up a nice surplus that affords me the opportunity to expand with a healthy margin for error. However, I have to keep watching my trade routes to make sure they don't slip from surplus to deficit. Currently, I'm making a few adjustments each day, and that's with only ten routes operating. If I expand, that can only get worse. I'm asking if anyone knows of a way to reduce the work load. Perhaps there's some data I'm overlooking that would let me judge how volatile a given market may be before I get into it?

Investing more in production than trading should help, but the downside is a loss of versatility. If I build into a market that ends up being volatile, then I end up with a lot of unprofitable production that can't really be retooled. The higher up the chain I go, the worse this gets.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One of the safest markets to get into is component production.  I currently only produce one category of end product and a current event is going to soon tank the value of it on all of Earth, thankfully I can sell it some of the other cities across the system.  The alternative is to shut down the production of all my cars and just stick with selling the components.  Most components are still in high demand AND no event will crash their market.

A player could set them selves up as a component producer and sell them to other players.  I am buying one of the components I need for my end goods, and may in fact seek others to take over the production of some of my other components mainly so I can make more cars with out increasing the production cost.

But yeah I don't do focused trading, I do production and my only trade is selling what I make.  A lot less taxing.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I hit a quest that is confusing the hell out of me (and my roommates I tasked with helping me and who failed). First time in 6-7 quests I had a problem with one.

Planet Name: Nth 2 ( Q T R H V E K M G O M O K N )

No number/letter reassignment or anything, literally just the about string then the cords encryption which was easy enough.

That is all I am given to figure out a planet in the Sol system, I have the cords figured, but I cant make sense of the planet encryption. Thoughts?

Likely a second moon, so I have a scout running around and trying them, but no luck so far.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13