Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 720476 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Succession Council of Midwinter 1172 AD
« Reply #11205 on: May 13, 2018, 04:59:53 pm »

But we are not playing any character at the moment, so we don't have that excuse if we pick anything other than L and pass up a shot at peacefully absorbing the lands to our north.
I still legitimately don't want to do that.
I feel that this is an acceptable excuse.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: May 13, 2018, 05:09:24 pm »

L You know what sure. He's of Cyl's bloodline and he is Pantheonist. Which are the two important factors for me. I'm sure he/his heirs will assimilate into Luathbasian culture eventually once they start living in the capital.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: May 13, 2018, 05:11:44 pm »

But we are not playing any character at the moment, so we don't have that excuse if we pick anything other than L and pass up a shot at peacefully absorbing the lands to our north.
I still legitimately don't want to do that.
I feel that this is an acceptable excuse.

Fair enough. I can understand that. It looks like some people are just voting Ruberta because they think it is cool that she stopped Bjern though. I can't think of anything she would give us aside from possible friendship with Helliste.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: May 13, 2018, 05:14:46 pm »

L

I think a real legitimate reason if you're looking at a purely minmaxing (of I guess expansion?) is that we're already struggling with happiness, loyalty, and control over the nation. Three things that will be important to make sure it's a smooth transition.

But, I think it sounds fun to try anyway.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:17:14 pm by Criptfeind »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: May 13, 2018, 05:16:49 pm »

Also it's valuable to note that Estjald's only heir is his brother Cyl, and so I don't think he's well-placed at all to ensure the beginning of a new Methiant-Cydwyl imperial dynasty, and our diplomatic relations with Cydwyl seem to be, if not necessarily at an all-time low, then definitely at one of the lowest points they've been in the last century.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: May 13, 2018, 05:28:34 pm »

Also it's valuable to note that Estjald's only heir is his brother Cyl, and so I don't think he's well-placed at all to ensure the beginning of a new Methiant-Cydwyl imperial dynasty, and our diplomatic relations with Cydwyl seem to be, if not necessarily at an all-time low, then definitely at one of the lowest points they've been in the last century.

You make good points.

That said, I think Estjald would be willing to take a crack at it. He was willing to meddle with his own nation's line of succession to gain his power, he should be willing to meddle with Methiant's to expand it.

If our military goes along with our decision and remains loyal, we can put down any rebellions. If not, we likely get a civil war minigame, which will be fun.

As for Estjald's heir situation, if we can keep him around long enough to unite the nations and restore stability, we can rely on the same institution of elective succession that put him into power to replace him.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: May 13, 2018, 07:37:22 pm »

We might try voting for Cyl and see whether he can inherit Cydwyl instead of trying to incorporate it directly through Estjald. The reaction of Cydwyllian king and nobles would tell us a lot about who our friends or foes might be in the north while giving those who are merely reluctant time to grow accustomed to our vision of the future. Plus he's already got a name synonymous with empire.

Estjald has been a jerk, so I'm sticking as close to Bjern's dynastic line as seems feasible in the political moment.
B

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: May 13, 2018, 07:42:24 pm »

You make good points.

That said, I think Estjald would be willing to take a crack at it. He was willing to meddle with his own nation's line of succession to gain his power, he should be willing to meddle with Methiant's to expand it.

If our military goes along with our decision and remains loyal, we can put down any rebellions. If not, we likely get a civil war minigame, which will be fun.

As for Estjald's heir situation, if we can keep him around long enough to unite the nations and restore stability, we can rely on the same institution of elective succession that put him into power to replace him.

Yeah, but if by your own admission we're likely going to need to have either a civil war or a purge of a riotous populace of potentially Evalian proportions to pull off this "peaceful" takeover, I'm quite unsure it's in any way, shape or form worth it when the likely result is either dissolution when Estjald bites and/or eats it, or the appearance of persistently hostile separatist elements on top of the persistently hostile elements we already need to deal with.

The Cyl vote would have been a better idea, as that has a smoother convergence of the two titles rather than just handing the King of Cydwyl the literal keys to the Empire and also gives an out in case the idea is completely intolerable to Cydwylians (and if it is, it'd be rightly so, since I figure they're intelligent enough to know that in a full-on union with Methiant there's basically no way they're gonna come out on top without getting nommed by our considerably more advanced administrative system).

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: May 13, 2018, 08:03:49 pm »

L, and change the name to "The United Imperial Realms of Methiant and Cydwyl."

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: May 13, 2018, 08:55:44 pm »

L

it will be a land-grab
a money-grab
a army-grab

and a charismatic heir who can send letters to deal with the revolts for us
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: May 13, 2018, 11:58:01 pm »

10 B, 9 L

Such a close run, I'mma wait for couple more votes ;v (and for when I'm back from work)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: May 14, 2018, 12:08:39 am »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: May 14, 2018, 12:19:45 am »

Switching to L

I do hope it doesn't end in succession wars though.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: May 14, 2018, 02:58:54 am »

A
Edit: B
Consider the tye broken.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:05:04 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 1087