Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 753364 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12975 on: July 21, 2018, 11:52:52 am »

Again allow me to stress that a better moment to merge the nation's might never show up.
true

Wait a minute didn’t we marry one of our princess to the helliste kingdom I have a idea for our next character after cyl/doge  ;)

We also most expand right now we are in between a rock and a hard place the only places where we can expand is the north and the east without challenging the damed little empire.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:35:24 pm by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: July 21, 2018, 01:50:00 pm »

We can deal with expansion once we're not dying and when we've integrated Cydwyl into the empire.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12977 on: July 21, 2018, 01:52:16 pm »

Alright, I will cave.

D. My previous vote will be changed!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12978 on: July 21, 2018, 01:55:50 pm »

We can deal with expansion once we're not dying and when we've integrated Cydwyl into the empire.

Yep that’s what I meant for without cydwyl we are stuck and slowly but surely decaying
Form the internal pressure of our clergy and our upperclassmen and getting pressure from the outside damed and the dwarfs but with cydwyl with it’s minerals trade routes and it’s population we might have a chance to defeat both internal and external pressure.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:19:55 pm by Basil ii »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: July 21, 2018, 01:56:22 pm »

Alright, I will cave.

D. My previous vote will be changed!
YASS :) now all we need is a virgin to sacrifice(preferably over a volcano with ominous pseudo Latin chanting)so our dark lord haspen may be summoned
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:04:03 pm by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: July 21, 2018, 03:00:28 pm »

Just looking at the map currently, and I'm curious how the Kingdom of Dahnia will be dealt with, since they're a vassal of Cydwyl, or if we'll be given a choice to either keep them as a vassal or make them a part of the empire as a whole. I'm also wondering where we should expand next, since most of our neighbours are on relatively good terms with us due to successful diplomacy. Not to mention I'm pretty sure it's been almost a hundred years of peace with Cydwyl that have led to us being able to diplomatically annexed them, and it might be rather slow diplomatically annexing all our neighbours. Are we still trading with Albion or the Hellsite Kingdom? Because they look like a good option if we want be near the ocean, which could allow us to explore distant lands better. I would almost be tempted to go to war with the Gubta Empire the next time they're about to collapse, but that could lead to some ugly, possibly hard to defend borders. Of course we could always solve that paticular problem by finishing our conquest of the New Parsian Kingdom, but Gubta would probably see what we were trying to do and stop us, like how Rucus and Lamentia saw what we were trying to do too soon. We could always go for round two with them actually, probably have one army keep them at bay in Eval while we lead a bigger army through Lamentia before Rucus. Then of course we would have the issue of having borders with the Republic or the Empire, assuming we took that much land, and they might not be happy with us since I'm pretty sure none of them have broken the agreement they made not to attack each other yet, and it's looking like it'll be a while longer before they finally crack. There's also the Eldricans, who I'm pretty sure never fully payed us for all the help we gave them, but then there's the issue of it being quite big, which could make it more difficult to conquer, and we might also have to change our tactics to be able to more effectively combat them in them vast desert area they own. I'm also not quite sure if our diplomatic relations with them have changed much since then either... choices choices. This is also assuming things go well during the integration with Cydwyl, which I have a feeling they won't, possibly rendering any long term plans useless.

Any ideas? Also, how many of our neighbours are we trading with at the moment? That's another factor that could change things, since I'm still not sure whether or not we're still trading with Hellsite and Albion.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Edit: Just had an idea, if there actually is a worm inside Ruberta I think it's probably been caused by either the residual magic from all those artifacts we got from the sorcerers or the wizards, though I doubt it was the wizards since they seem like the good guys.
EditEdit: In fact, I'm going to go find all the times we've interacted with sorcerers and see what the effects were. Tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:09:54 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12981 on: July 21, 2018, 03:12:14 pm »

A

Also, my next targets for annexation include Parsia, Lametania, and Eldrican.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:14:41 pm by Maximum Spin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12982 on: July 21, 2018, 03:13:30 pm »

Yeah. The illness might very well be a curse from a sorceress... I hope we don't have to go on a quest when sick to fix this shit. Hopefully not though, hopefully it's just an illness that we can recover from.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: July 21, 2018, 03:19:46 pm »

Just looking at the map currently, and I'm curious how the Kingdom of Dahnia will be dealt with, since they're a vassal of Cydwyl, or if we'll be given a choice to either keep them as a vassal or make them a part of the empire as a whole. I'm also wondering where we should expand next, since most of our neighbours are on relatively good terms with us due to successful diplomacy. Not to mention I'm pretty sure it's been almost a hundred years of peace with Cydwyl that have led to us being able to diplomatically annexed them, and it might be rather slow diplomatically annexing all our neighbours. Are we still trading with Albion or the Hellsite Kingdom? Because they look like a good option if we want be near the ocean, which could allow us to explore distant lands better. I would almost be tempted to go to war with the Gubta Empire the next time they're about to collapse, but that could lead to some ugly, possibly hard to defend borders. Of course we could always solve that paticular problem by finishing our conquest of the New Parsian Kingdom, but Gubta would probably see what we were trying to do and stop us, like how Rucus and Lamentia saw what we were trying to do too soon. We could always go for round two with them actually, probably have one army keep them at bay in Eval while we lead a bigger army through Lamentia before Rucus. Then of course we would have the issue of having borders with the Republic or the Empire, assuming we took that much land, and they might not be happy with us since I'm pretty sure none of them have broken the agreement they made not to attack each other yet, and it's looking like it'll be a while longer before they finally crack. There's also the Eldricans, who I'm pretty sure never fully payed us for all the help we gave them, but then there's the issue of it being quite big, which could make it more difficult to conquer, and we might also have to change our tactics to be able to more effectively combat them in them vast desert area they own. I'm also not quite sure if our diplomatic relations with them have changed much since then either... choices choices. This is also assuming things go well during the integration with Cydwyl, which I have a feeling they won't, possibly rendering any long term plans useless.

Any ideas? Also, how many of our neighbours are we trading with at the moment? That's another factor that could change things, since I'm still not sure whether or not we're still trading with Hellsite and Albion.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Edit: Just had an idea, if there actually is a worm inside Ruberta I think it's probably been caused by either the residual magic from all those artifacts we got from the sorcerers or the wizards, though I doubt it was the wizards since they seem like the good guys.
guys I think we should focus on the northern ocean here is why a) the rich trade routes and a chance to explore foreign markets for exotic goods we might if we play our cards right gate keeper to rare spices fine silk exotic animals strange craftsmanships b) we can if encounter some uncolonized land and established colony’s it may serve as a backup in case something goes wrong in the mainland
C) we nearly all of our allies are there it might be prudent to make sure that they are protected and prosperous.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:25:44 pm by Basil ii »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12984 on: July 21, 2018, 03:22:41 pm »

A

wow like that is a tad bit ridiculous like we would basically fight the nearly all of the superpowers of this world(that we know of) it just might be possible but still insanely dangerous. Like we need is a literal metric tons of magical items and infrastructure.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:29:44 pm by Basil ii »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: July 21, 2018, 03:28:47 pm »

Not, presumably, all at once.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12986 on: July 21, 2018, 03:34:17 pm »

still like seriously think about it let’s say we conquer eldrican somehow don’t you think that the empire of damed might be a little concerned with this giant colossus for a country. the other powers are going to get involved one way or another.

But with the northern ocean there are lands unseen with unimaginable resources and riches.

I would rather be the British empire during the Victorian age with the British east India company at my beck and call than be the Kazakhstan the largest land locked country
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:49:43 pm by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: July 21, 2018, 03:41:49 pm »

To those people voting A, I would like to once again say that this could be the perfect chance to get the integration of Cydwyl underway. While I admit that there is the possibility of rebellion, that's just a given when it comes to integrating another kingdom into our empire. Besides, I'm sure our max happiness max authority population will understand that, in a time when we could die, we decide to temporarily make the emperor a king of a kingdom we've had good relations with for almost 100 years now. And if they do rebel against the rule of Cydwyl, well, we have a max army that's been waiting years for something to fight, not to mention his army. I doubt Cydwyl itself would rebel either, they would probably be happy that their ruler has more power, though I will say that I am still worried about how the nobles will try to gain an advantage, but I'm always worried about that. As for assassination, we have the shadowranks dedicated to protecting us.

A

wow like that is a tad bit ridiculous like we would basically fight the nearly all of the superpowers of this world(that we know of) it just might be possible but still insanely dangerous.

Lamentia only won because they have the backing of Rucus and possible the republic, which they probably still have the backing of by the way, and there's the issue of being closer to the massive superpower. I don't think it's a good idea just yet, but it might be a good idea if we successfully beat and annex most of Eldrica and Parsia, possibly after a long resting period where we stay diplomatical and maneuver ourselves into a good position to attack it.

Parsia, I will admit, is a rather tempting choice since we have proven we can beat them before and only decided not to annex them at the time because we were worried about Gubta, and so long as Gubta doesn't turn out to be to big or some large crack happens, I think we would be well equipped to deal with them and Parsia after we've integrated Cydwyl.

Eldrican is another choice that I am leaning towards since they've been kind of dickish towards us in general despite us saving their hides on multiple occasions. They would also likely have a large amount of mines or possible trading resources they control, and if we were to attack them I would suggest either going through the Empty Plain and Grey Rockfields to hit their north side or a joint attack through Koi and Eval. Then again, we are living prove that territory is not the major factor in power, it's how you use what you have at your disposal, and they might of not payed us due to not making enough money.

still like seriously think about it let’s say we conquer eldrican somehow don’t you think that the empire of damed might be a little concerned with this giant colossus for a country. the other powers are going to get involved one way or another.
Well yeah, that's what happens when you become powerful. People become jealous. That's why I would personally advocate a slow and steady diplomatic approach to conquering our neighbours. Also, we have one of the best if not the best armies, since it's currently at 10. Conquering Eldrican is a perfectly valid approach once we've gotten things sorted with Cydwyl, same as conquering Parsia and then Gubta. Though I would personally say that's something best left to after we've conquered Eldrican, assuming we follow Maximum Spin's plan. And besides, I'm pretty sure the republic has already meddled in wars we've fought, specifically the  war against Lamentia, since we have a very powerful army. I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for an excuse to kill the rising star that is the Empire of methiant, we've clearly proven that looking small on a map doesn't mean we aren't worthy of being an Empire.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12988 on: July 21, 2018, 03:43:55 pm »

D

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: July 21, 2018, 04:01:32 pm »

One last thing before I go to sleep. Eldrican has constantly asked us for help throughout the history of methiant, they are most certainly not a superpower.
Also.
DDDDDDD
AAAAAAAAA
This is the current vote count, with 6 A and 7 D. This is correct except for any changes or votes made after this post. I'll update the vote count when I wake up tomorrow, assuming an update isn't made before then.
Alright I'm back.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:37:59 am by TankKit »

Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1087