Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 711248 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15045 on: September 20, 2018, 08:50:02 pm »

Whoops. I had meant ten. I'm still hopeful that our elite guards will be able to help in the fight considering the probably difference in skill between them and the nobles.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: September 20, 2018, 09:13:53 pm »

Where do you think the military comes from? May as well sign the bill of rights into law seeing as it practically is rewarding our troops for crushing the nobility.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15047 on: September 20, 2018, 09:36:23 pm »

Statistically, I will have to disagree with you there Omada. We have a 1 out of 6 chance of giving us a 1, and the dice owe us nothing because it gave us a 1 previously.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: September 20, 2018, 10:45:20 pm »

Where do you think the military comes from? May as well sign the bill of rights into law seeing as it practically is rewarding our troops for crushing the nobility.

A huge portion of the army consists of foreign mercenaries. But yeah, a bill of rights might still benefit them.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: September 21, 2018, 03:10:19 am »

Statistically, I will have to disagree with you there Omada. We have a 1 out of 6 chance of giving us a 1, and the dice owe us nothing because it gave us a 1 previously.
I also have to disagree with you. Getting two 1s in relatively quick succession is less likely than getting one 1 and, since we have already experienced quite a few 1s recently, it is more likely that we will not get a 1.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: September 21, 2018, 05:14:04 am »

since we have already experienced quite a few 1s recently, it is more likely that we will not get a 1.
Completely untrue, the chance is and remains 1 out of 6. Previous rolls have no influence whatsoever on the next roll of a die.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15051 on: September 21, 2018, 05:18:58 am »

The only thing that can impact the outcome of the next roll is the piety of our lord and savior RNGod

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY RNGEESUS

FOR HE SHALL BLESS OUR ROLLS
AND THE UNFAITHFUL SHALL SEE WE ROLLING
AND THE UNFAITHFUL SHALL BE HATIN
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:22:54 am by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #15052 on: September 21, 2018, 05:21:49 am »

A
Democracy, Ho!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15053 on: September 21, 2018, 09:35:56 am »

I also have to disagree with you. Getting two 1s in relatively quick succession is less likely than getting one 1 and, since we have already experienced quite a few 1s recently, it is more likely that we will not get a 1.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15054 on: September 21, 2018, 09:59:06 am »

Statistically speaking, with things like dice past results have no real bearing on future results. It's still just as much a 1/6 chance of getting a 1 this time as it was the last several times we've gotten a 1. Even if, somehow, it doesn't work like that, that makes us no less likely to get something like a 2 (which is almost as bad).
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15056 on: September 21, 2018, 02:42:53 pm »

This is around my 10th attempt at making a response. I just keep getting more and more confused.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15057 on: September 21, 2018, 07:44:31 pm »

This is around my 10th attempt at making a response. I just keep getting more and more confused.
It's pretty simple. As long as the dice are normal, chance of getting a 1 is always the same no matter what you've seen before.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: September 22, 2018, 02:01:03 am »

I wish the turn would drop already. I'm getting more and more nervous for this one.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15059 on: September 22, 2018, 04:39:03 am »

After sleeping and then thinking about it for a while, I understand the idea of the Gambler's Fallacy. However, being rather stubborn, I am still of the belief that any coin that only lands on heads for 21 flips in a row is in some way changed to be more likely to land on heads, especially if that trend continues. Each time you flip a coin there's a 50% chance for landing on heads or tails and to me 21 heads in a row just seems more unlikely than getting some other random mix between heads and tails, because the likelihood of the same 50% chance happening 21 times in a row or more being just as likely as a random mix of heads and tails just seems like bullshit to me. Then again, maybe I'm just being stupid and/or stubborn and will look back on this moment sometime in the future and be like "Wow, that was stupid." Anyway, it's back to waiting for the update for me.

Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1087