Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 719615 times)

dragonblaze007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15810 on: February 15, 2019, 03:19:01 pm »

A We have a son there is no need to not have him be the heir.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15811 on: February 15, 2019, 03:34:23 pm »

People are voting to maintain an illusion of more control.

Our eldest is 5-6 years, meaning if we die in battle next month there will be (at best) a decade-long time skip while Haspen decides rolls for what the result of the Damdamian Crusade might be: victory, loss, concessions, reparations . . . none of it with input from the player base or bonuses from any skills.

Whereas with an adult heir to step in right away we will have only ourselves to blame when if our dynasty ends horribly.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15812 on: February 15, 2019, 11:01:30 pm »

L he is old, but he will be the more capable to take the control in a war period and maintain stability while he choose someone else
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15813 on: February 18, 2019, 12:39:06 pm »

ee
h
oooo
a
l

You name Houlandin, son of Deathan, as your designated heir. There's some grumbling about designating someone from such a 'side' branch of the dynasty, but the designation is accepted with no protests.

Next morning, the war council gathers. The Advisor, the Marshal, the Spymaster, many high officials and officers arrive to convene with you about the quite possible Damdamian invasion. The Spymaster repeats what his agents have learned, with additional update; now at least ten thousand Damdamians, at least two-thirds infantry, are within borders of Kingdom of Rucus.

"We should strike pre-emptively into lands of Rucus." The Marshal says, "Rucusians are basically Damdamians living on the fringelands, we ought to get rid of them too. Two birds, one stone!" The Advisor scoffs.

"What we need to do is rally our friends and family. Helliste, maybe even Albion and Eldrican would be willing to lend us a hand. I also believe that we should send more spies to Rucus, or even diplomats to their court. Hopefully more detailed information will be obtained as to the actual purpose of the army in Rucus."

"M'liege," the Spymaster interjects, "What we do not know is the actual size and capabilities of armies within Damdamia. How many countries did they gather under their banner? How much of reserve force they have? How many allies willing to strike us as well? Rucus can be observed by border guards, its Damdamian heartlands that must be infiltrated and scouted."

Other officials also give the ideas of calling Sim Empire, which is situated at Damdamian east, for help, or even rallying Cult of Pantheon to provide arms and soldiers of faith to defend against southern heathens. Short time is spent debating the idea of requesting support from Dwarves, who for sure are not friends of Damedian worshippers.

There's many things to decide:

First of all, the first move...

A) We will invade Rucus to deal with Damdamian army before it fully assembles!
B) We will gather our armies on southern border, to be ready for the storm when it comes!

Secondly, spies and diplomats...

A) We will send spies and diplomats to Rucus.
B) We will send spies to Damdamia, and diplomats to Rucus.
C) We will send spies and diplomats to Damdamia.

As for emergency mobilization...

A) We need all the men and preparedness we can get!
B) No need for that now, it will only anger the commoners.

As for help from foreign countries...

A) Methiant is strong, and needs no outside help!
B) We will ask Kingdom of Helliste for help.
C) We will ask Eldrican Kingdom for help.
D) We will ask Sim Empire for help.
E) We will ask the Dwarves for help.

//Don't forget, a post without all votes is invalid and thus doesn't count!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15814 on: February 18, 2019, 01:03:49 pm »

We saw 4000 voulenteers. They cannot beat us with just that. I'm guessing Rucus' plan is to bait us into invading so that they can call their ally Eldrican. We shouldn't rush in, and we should keep our spies and diplomats focused on Rucus; The troops from Damdamia are just after blood and glory, and unlikely have a deep political investment in the situation.

As for allies, we know Sim is planning on fucking with Damdamia. We might as well give him an excuse to start.

B
A
B
D

Edit: I missed the part where it said there was 10k of em. Still think their plan is more likely to bait us into doing something dumb.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:07:34 am by Weirdsound »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15815 on: February 18, 2019, 01:26:45 pm »

A - Our Army is full, waiting benefits them more than us.
C - Little point going to Rucus at the same time as we attack.
A - We have some happiness to spare, and a reserve force to handle their counter move wouldn't hurt.
E - After our recent deal the Dwarves are at their most amenable. Sim is another good choice but I think dwarves first.

This update says ten thousand southern troops, up from before. I can see an tiny chance that they are aiming at Eldrican instead (explaining why Feir is trying to find a marriage alliance to his west after we were previously told his daughters are promised to Rucus), but I think we should strike before their numbers swell further. Damdamians already despise us, we lose little playing it this way.

Sim's plan involves building up a cavalry force for four more years; we're friendly but I don't trust him to advance his timetable that much. Dwarves, if they help at all, should be willing right now. Send a message to Sim next time we get a choice.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 01:28:44 pm by mightymushroom »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15816 on: February 18, 2019, 01:38:37 pm »

A - We have some happiness to spare, and a reserve force to handle their counter move wouldn't hurt.
E - After our recent deal the Dwarves are at their most amenable. Sim is another good choice but I think dwarves first.

This update says ten thousand southern troops, up from before. I can see an tiny chance that they are aiming at Eldrican instead (explaining why Feir is trying to find a marriage alliance to his west after we were previously told his daughters are promised to Rucus), but I think we should strike before their numbers swell further. Damdamians already despise us, we lose little playing it this way.

Sim's plan involves building up a cavalry force for four more years; we're friendly but I don't trust him to advance his timetable that much. Dwarves, if they help at all, should be willing right now. Send a message to Sim next time we get a choice.

That option is viable, but kicks off a major world war for sure. Eldrican isn't just going to let us march into their ally. I'm not sure we can beat the Southerners and Eldrican at the same time, and would rather wait to see if Sim's invasion gives us the opportunity to isolate Eldrican.

Hotfire90

« Reply #15817 on: February 18, 2019, 01:49:43 pm »

Invading Rucus would mean that we'd also fight against Lamentania as they're allied to each other, then there's also Eldrican who may decide that this is the time to remember that they wanted to invade us. Assuming Eldrican doesn't invade, we'd be at war with at least 3 different countries, more if the Damdamian bloc teams up to face off against Methiantese aggression.
Asking the Dwarves for help is going to be costly, asking Sim for help instead is an overall better decision, we share the same enemies and their supply of Methiantese horses could be threatened due to the war.

B
B
B
D

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15818 on: February 18, 2019, 01:51:37 pm »

B
A
B
D

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15819 on: February 18, 2019, 01:55:57 pm »

B-B-B-E

We should avoid being the ones to start a world war. Waiting is a political gain, as we can claim we are defending ourselves against unjust aggression.

Information is necessary, hence sending agents to both Rucus and Damedania.

Let's save our Happiness for now. We have plenty of Army to stall with. If we need more we can call for it when the war starts for real.

I'm honestly not sure between Dwarves and Sim, but we know Sim is already inclined towards a war against Damed, so he'll probably join in regardless. Trying to convince the dwarves seems to be more worth it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15820 on: February 18, 2019, 02:00:40 pm »

B-B-B-E

We should avoid being the ones to start a world war. Waiting is a political gain, as we can claim we are defending ourselves against unjust aggression.

Information is necessary, hence sending agents to both Rucus and Damedania.

Let's save our Happiness for now. We have plenty of Army to stall with. If we need more we can call for it when the war starts for real.

I'm honestly not sure between Dwarves and Sim, but we know Sim is already inclined towards a war against Damed, so he'll probably join in regardless. Trying to convince the dwarves seems to be more worth it.

Dwarves are likely to be more expensive. I remember when we were helping Eldrican fight the horse tribes during Cyl's reign, Eldrican had to give the dwarves land in exchange for their aid. The dwarves may ask us to forgive their 60 econ debt from the recent land purcahse in exchange for their aid, and get offended when/if we don't accept their terms.

The Dwarves are also still friendly with Eldrican, according to a recent post in the lore thread. I'm sure they would fight the Damned's children if properly motivated, I'm not sure they want any part of a war between Eldrican and Methiant-Cydwyl. Our two nations border or surround almost all of their settlements, so that war would not be good for them.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15821 on: February 18, 2019, 03:00:48 pm »

BBAD
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 01:31:17 pm by ZBridges »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15822 on: February 18, 2019, 04:37:31 pm »

BBAB
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15823 on: February 18, 2019, 07:09:50 pm »

B, A, B, D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15824 on: February 18, 2019, 10:55:32 pm »

B B A D

The longer they stay in Rucus the better chance they reenact some real crusades and start burning things down randomly and fighting the king of Rucus instead of us.
Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 ... 1087