Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 730141 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15960 on: March 16, 2019, 05:07:36 pm »

I thought we had more then twelve thousand soldiers with us?

I thought we only had 10,000 men, but I can't find that number (or any other) looking back in the thread, only that we lost 2,000 men in the last battle, but unless we hugely outnumber them I still think C is the right way to go.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15961 on: March 16, 2019, 05:56:31 pm »

C

By my count we should have ~20K with us; however that's only a rough half of their expected troops on that hill. The other (bigger?) half, with their Martial commander, is still unseen and I don't fancy getting tied up assaulting a defensive position while he's sneaking about preparing Pantheon knows what.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15962 on: March 16, 2019, 05:58:46 pm »

C

Hotfire90

« Reply #15963 on: March 16, 2019, 06:00:13 pm »

C

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15964 on: March 16, 2019, 08:53:22 pm »

C the people might have more info
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15965 on: March 17, 2019, 08:32:41 am »

B
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15966 on: March 17, 2019, 02:58:26 pm »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15967 on: March 17, 2019, 04:40:14 pm »

You take your army on Tour de Eva- I mean, on a campaign to liberate Eval from Damdamians.

6*

Fortunately for you Eval is not under direct control of the Emperor and his edicts, and thus the mostly outdated fortifications in the Duchy gave your army no problems. The Damdamian forces do not engage you, and every day scouts report that the enemy remains stationary at the hills.

Swiftly, in span of the month, you reconquer much of the land, the Evalian people cheering you as their liberator and savior.

1217 AD, Late Autumn

Just as your army positions itself to begin siege of the Evalian capital, scouts bring information.

The old and fresh forces, now again under command of Caius Cuscus, have abandoned Eval and made their way for Methiantese borders! The combined army now number about thirty three thousand, although it is mostly heavy melee infantry with siege equipment; cavalry makes for about a tenth of the whole.

Half an hour later, a tired messenger from the Palace has arrived.

"Emperor, I bring news from the Helliste. King Brynwald and Queen Mother Ciri have agreed to lend military assistance to the Empire of Methiant-Cydwyl. They've sent a troop of nine thousand soldiers, mostly crossbowmen, fireshots and pikemen. They're marching towards our capital for now, but King Brynwald have instructed them to listen to your orders, or the Marshal's, if needed."

Your officers gather, for many things must be considered.

First, the siege of Evalian capital...

A) The Damdamians inside have luck, for we will march at once to attack the invaders upon our home soil!
B) A force of two or three thousand strong should be enough to keep the capital besieged. The rest will chase after the Damdamian army!
C) We split our forces evenly, to ensure that the fortified capital will fall quickly and easily.
D) We shall attack the walls of Eval at once! In one quick battle, we shall liberate it, and then we can run after the Damdamians!

Secondly, the instructions for Helliste reinforcements...

A) They are to evade the Damdamians and join me at border of Eval!
B) They are to stay put at the Imperial capital, to protect it from Damdamians.
C) They are to move against the Damdamians; we might trap them in a pincer attack this way!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15968 on: March 17, 2019, 06:14:02 pm »

A
B or D) Give the Marshal (he's still at the capital coordinating the home front since we're with the grand army, yes?) free reign as he thinks best

I so want to finish in Eval first, but I'm afraid one bad roll deprives us of crucial men for the really big fight. From what I understand, Eval was overwhelmed early on, none of the people we would liberate would be in fighting shape or I would probably vote differently. Could be persuaded otherwise.

I don't want soldiers from Helliste go around and let the crusaders march unopposed. Sounds like they haven't even reached the capital when this messenger was sent, I don't think we're close enough together to coordinate well. The Helliste (Hellistian? Hellish?) troop composition sounds good for holding a fortified city. (Too bad the crusaders sound perfect for capturing it.)

Ideally, I think they should pause and rest at the capital while we march toward them. Keep up a steady stream of scouts and messengers; have the Hellisters(?) take the field, too, if it looks like we'll catch the crusaders soon, or stay and hold if we won't.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 06:41:25 pm by mightymushroom »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15969 on: March 17, 2019, 09:33:51 pm »

DB

We have improved border forts from an Edict. They will have to either waste time dealing with those, or risk said forts cutting their supply line. The time and manpower they waste on those should counteract the time and manpower we waste on eval.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:08:24 pm by Weirdsound »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15970 on: March 17, 2019, 10:04:58 pm »

AB

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15971 on: March 17, 2019, 10:32:25 pm »

AB
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15972 on: March 17, 2019, 11:20:20 pm »

Don't attack fortified positions.

A
C

We should be able to maneuver better then that big force and force them to fight divided in a bad place.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15973 on: March 18, 2019, 12:41:38 am »

The martial comander isn't in eval, they probably will have only a defensive bonus (what? +1 or +2? against +2 martial +1 bronze flag +1 drill)

I don't want them trying to make a pincer attack on us or Eval feeling betrayed or unprotected if we leave a larger force on their land

DB later C for the second option?

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15974 on: March 18, 2019, 12:52:55 am »

The martial comander isn't in eval, they probably will have only a defensive bonus (what? +1 or +2? against +2 martial +1 bronze flag +1 drill)

I don't want them trying to make a pincer attack on us or Eval feeling betrayed or unprotected if we leave a larger force on their land

DB later C for the second option?

My thoughts exactly. Also, the capital likely isn't at full defensive capacity, as they would have had to damage it to take it.
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1087