Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 719480 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #6285 on: January 21, 2018, 05:30:21 am »

Lets see how much our fancy toys are worth. Do we have enough bling to nullify a Martial bonus? Only one way to find out, A

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: January 21, 2018, 10:15:19 am »

C or A

It's hard to vote
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: January 21, 2018, 10:55:06 am »

Right, we have wolf-fang and the Lakemetal Thread Tunic... Which probably means we have just about even roll or slightly lesser rolls in personal combat as this guy.

Who decided that bringing our non combat guy into combat with a combat guy when we have a combat son was a good idea? We've been hurting our forces by leading them here, if Houlandin was in charge he'd be fighting at +1 instead of -1... At least in theory, it seems like he was fighting a +0 for some reason. I guess their numbers advantage gave them an extra +1. Still, better then the -1 we're at now.

I think we should C here. Retreat and regroup. Put Houlandin in charge. Maybe even give him our artifacts.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: January 21, 2018, 11:21:18 am »

Right, we have wolf-fang and the Lakemetal Thread Tunic... Which probably means we have just about even roll or slightly lesser rolls in personal combat as this guy.

Who decided that bringing our non combat guy into combat with a combat guy when we have a combat son was a good idea? We've been hurting our forces by leading them here, if Houlandin was in charge he'd be fighting at +1 instead of -1... At least in theory, it seems like he was fighting a +0 for some reason. I guess their numbers advantage gave them an extra +1. Still, better then the -1 we're at now.

I think we should C here. Retreat and regroup. Put Houlandin in charge. Maybe even give him our artifacts.

I'd agree, but if our retreat turns into a rout, Houlandin might not be able to salvage it. Cyl's life means less than the battle here... Honestly I'd rather be playing as a CHA character about now. I say we charge in, do as much damage as possible, and buy time for Houlandin to get his shit together and crush this fool.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:56:55 am by Weirdsound »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: January 21, 2018, 11:57:31 am »

Actually, it just dawned on me that I'm willing to throw Cyl's life away, but not his artifacts. C.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: January 21, 2018, 12:04:33 pm »

C

I think this is the correct strategy. If they pursue, it will should be with less discipline than our troops and we have a decent chance to turn things around or at least hold out; Houlandin's got the cavalry, so he can catch up. If they turn back on Houlandin's group instead, we reform very quickly and squeeze them between us.

In any other setup I would probably charge, but part of being martial is battlefield adaptability. I don't think our Lakemetal Tunic protects against non-body blows and when San sees a stroke bounce off he'll aim at other points. Then it's Wolf-Fang vs. Martial, and since even we are unsure what powers it might have it's too big a risk. We'll still be using the artifacts as a back up plan in the worst case scenario where he manages to catch us during the retreat.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: January 21, 2018, 12:09:35 pm »

You order a retreat.

4*

Your soldiers disengage most successfully, moving behind the hill after some time. The massed Evalian troops rush toward the hill, where your son Houlandin is fighting!

A) We still need to regroup, and we need time for that.
B) Forward, to glory and to save Houlandin!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: January 21, 2018, 12:13:07 pm »

B Like I said, eh?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: January 21, 2018, 12:14:13 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: January 21, 2018, 12:15:33 pm »

B

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: January 21, 2018, 12:33:34 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: January 21, 2018, 12:34:23 pm »

You turn your forces around to save Houlandin.

3*

Your soldiers unfortunately weren't prepared for the charge very well and had again fused with the peasants, creating a bloody melee. That is enough for Houlandin and his horsemen to fall upon their flank!

6*

The peasants are cut down in droves! Their horsemen also fall to the grund or flee, and the rest is being steadily eroded from existence.

Soon you see a potentially dangerous situation - Houlandin is fighting with one other horseman! Mace against a short sword, horses neighing and stomping as their masters try their best to stay in the saddle and to stay alive. They both fight with skills of veterans despite being young...

Then a thought occurs to you - Houlandin's opponent must be San himself!

A) Someone shoot the devil in the head and let's be done with it! Where's a good crossbowman when you need one!?
B) Perfect situation for me to ride in and chop off San's head personally! CHARRRRGGEEE!!!
C) That's my Houlandin! Atta boy, bring me his head, papa believes in you!!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: January 21, 2018, 12:36:30 pm »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: January 21, 2018, 12:37:34 pm »

The one eye thing puts Houlandin at disadvantage in personal combat. Although C would be the perfect way to snap him out of his funk.

B But we happen to have a nice sword perfect for chopping.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: January 21, 2018, 12:39:45 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1087