Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 754132 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #7800 on: February 22, 2018, 06:21:53 pm »

C, on one hand we let it slide that one time with Iwald and he also had it coming this time (being the challenger and all), but on the other hand Iwald's little escapade didn't result in anyone's death and could feasibly be considered an accident.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: February 22, 2018, 06:23:44 pm »

D

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: February 22, 2018, 07:03:11 pm »

C, on one hand we let it slide that one time with Iwald and he also had it coming this time (being the challenger and all), but on the other hand Iwald's little escapade didn't result in anyone's death and could feasibly be considered an accident.

Assuming you mean Iwald's fight with Saenn, if you go back and look at the roll, it absolutely would have been fatal if Saenn did not have the healthy trait and permanently cost an eye as it was. As for whether the martial son nearly split his brother's head in two by accident, well as you say we let it slide.

What was Houlandin supposed to do? Iwald directly challenged him to a duel to the death over the inheritance. If Houlandin had said no, would Iwald have stopped there? "Oh, okay. I take back all those insults because clearly a man who turns down a fight for his honor is the kind of emperor I would be too."

And as Houlandin just helped demonstrait, I think the reclusive trait disqualifies Cyl from holding the throne any longer; Houlandin killing, overthrowing, or even asking us to step down would not be the worst thing in the world.

Between Houlandin, the Council of Statesmen, and the Diplomatic Corps, I wouldn't be surprised if everybody but our faithful Advisor stops coming to see Cyl. We don't need a coup when we have a recluse.

Maybe that's figuring into our low Imperial Authority? Nobody sees The Emperor any more. We should resign to somebody more outgoing and/or do more to strengthen the institutions of government so the people have faith in it even while the emperor is absent from public life. Especially if we're going to start having older and possibly infirm leaders instead of people inheriting in their teens and leaping off the mortal coil a decade later.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: February 22, 2018, 07:18:43 pm »

A
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: February 22, 2018, 07:28:47 pm »

A
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: February 22, 2018, 09:45:54 pm »

D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: February 22, 2018, 09:50:49 pm »

D

This would be a lot easier if he at least showed a little remorse...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: February 22, 2018, 09:56:02 pm »

Switching to D.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: February 22, 2018, 10:13:39 pm »

D
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: February 23, 2018, 02:24:14 am »

D is a weak action, A and C are strong.

Honestly, it is better that they had a duel now then a civil war later.

Also silly Iswald, if the guy doesn't have any heirs YOU WOULD HAVE INHERITED.  Too late now.

A

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: February 23, 2018, 09:50:14 am »

a
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: February 24, 2018, 06:41:12 am »

aaaaaaaaa
ccc
dddddddd

You condemn Iwald's rashness and praise Houlandin's ability to defend himself from the assault, well, the duel.

Your subjects and noblemen alike don't take that lightly. Your 'praise' of what is in their eyes murder angered all layers of society.

1149 AD, Mid-Spring

Agaresians are being crushed by the triple coalition army, the reports say. Bloodpeak Mountains are already on the horizon, apparently!

Meanwhile, the expeditions in Orcworld have little success. Land was charted, alright, and the vegetation continues to be healthier in the east, but besides few marauding groups of orcs, no one or nothing of note was found.

What concerns the people most at the moment, however, is the new star in the heavens. In span of two weeks, a region of space dark and dotted with tiny speckles like all others have been illuminated by appearance of a luminous object. It is white-ish and very bright star, and, what startles people the most, is visible, albeit dimly, even during the day.

A) Doom is upon us! We need to find a Wizard, and quick!
B) Stop looking at the sky, you dumb fools!
C) We must consult with best astrologists and mystics about this!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:42:52 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: February 24, 2018, 07:11:52 am »

C

Should be cheaper than a wizard.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: February 24, 2018, 08:47:07 am »

C, that's not one we've seen before!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: February 24, 2018, 09:12:26 am »

Sounds like a standard supernova to me. If we had a college of learning we might figure that out on our own.

C even though I'm not sure I trust them...
Heavenly phenomena so far have been heralds of strange happenings, but rarely involved directly.
On the other hand, the masses expect to see us doing something even when we have nothing to do.
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1087