Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 719805 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Succession Debate Council, Autumn 1101 AD
« Reply #2280 on: October 28, 2017, 10:13:55 am »

What is it with you guys and the f-ing wizards? We didn't need one and looking for one drove us crazy :P

A.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 28, 2017, 10:20:39 am »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 28, 2017, 11:02:41 am »

B I don't like the thought of regency. Plus Luath has a cool name and is charismatic so I think he's the best choice between the two.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 28, 2017, 12:06:49 pm »

A. We have arrangements for royal marriages and such set up for Cyl, and he is technically Yoe II's legal successor. The last thing we need is for him to disappear somewhere only to come back with an army at his back (possibly even with foreign support) and start a civil war because the council "cheated him of his birthright."
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 28, 2017, 12:18:12 pm »

A, but only if we also make the brother a co-regent.  What could possibly go wrong?
*evil giggle*

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 28, 2017, 12:31:12 pm »

It will be 12 years unplayable, 12 years that can be VERY good or VERY BAD and we will have no control over it

B He is charismatic, We can keep with the planed marriages, if others fall back we can offer something instead, we can promise the kid that if he invests in his study and prove to be a capable leader we can pass the throne back to him, if he want the responsability sure. If he don't show himself gifted (what i think it will happen) he can have an shiny place on the government, be it control over some lands or something that is in his field of expertise be it war, commerce or books he will seat on our side and be treated as a equal (this way we can make sure he won't get mad)

Maybe it won't need even all this bullshit, as a charismatic guy he can control whatever happens on the way, and as a charismatic guy can suppress any civil war before it starts (If we die again we can re-pass the throne to the kid hehehe)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 28, 2017, 12:52:14 pm »

B I told you we should have just gotten drunk.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 28, 2017, 12:56:13 pm »

A
For pity's sake, we're not dead, we don't need our brother, and after all, I want to see her character development, and what her possible motives are.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 28, 2017, 01:09:33 pm »

A

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 28, 2017, 01:49:33 pm »

A
If it implies playing with her and no time skip.
Otherwise B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Luath of Methiant!
« Reply #2290 on: October 28, 2017, 05:36:52 pm »

Regency means no control, so all 'b if not a' votes were counted as b, therefore:

aaaaaaa
bbbbbbbb

1102 AD

You are Luath, son of Yoe I. Your brother's mind fell into insanity and his heir, while a legitimate successor, would require over ten years of regency of his mother, who would wield no real power in Methiant. Therefore, to ensure stability of the kingdom, you were chosen to the throne. You are known to be a shrewd politician and a charismatic statesman.

Here comes the advisor, which the Scrolls of Kingdom Status in his hands!

Happiness: 8
Population: 6
Economy: 6
Army: 4

You are then briefed up-to-date on the affairs of the Kingdom:

The bureaucratic reform started by your brother is going steadily, and the renovations of various keeps and manors is underway.

The caravan of fireblood ingredients from Eldrican arrived in Late Summer, allowing your alchemists and metallurgists to continue working on the fearsome Thundercats.

Unfortunately, when the news of your brother's insanity slipped past palace walls, people got a little upset. Not a major hit to the stability of the realm, though.

Your wife, Ana of Ceodwell (granddaughter of Ceodwell IX, who was the father of recently died Ceodwell X, she's also a cousin of currently reigning Calahan III), is pregnant with your third child. Your twin sons, Aón and Elmach, are both two years old.

Out of respect for your brother's dynastic line, you decide not to crown yourself as Yoe III, but instead, you adapt your birth name as your regnal name. Long Live King Luath!

1102 AD, Spring

News arrive from the east; apparently Kashites struck a peace deal with Gubtas, cutting the war shorter in exchange for territories. That pissed off the Shahshans, who were apparently not on the deal. Currently, while Gubta recover, the Shahshans and the Kashites have a minor war of mostly honour going on between themselves.

1102 AD, Mid-Spring

Grand Duchess Segeda has long clamored for an audience, and has been finally given one. With her nose high and her glare attempting to, well, kill you, the once proud Queen stops in front of your throne.

"Dear brother-in-law, King Luath, I need a confirmation from you. My children are young, but are of legitimate birthright and thus in line to the throne of Methiant. Do tell, are they going to once sit upon it like you do today? Or do you wish to establish your family branch as the ruling dynasty? I will honorably forewarn you - I will not give up the prestigious future of my children so easily!" You decide to...

A) Politely explain to her that the next King of Methiant will be Aón, the eldest of your twin sons.
B) Deliver a clear enough message for everyone present - and toss Segeda into a damp dungeon cell!
C) Attempt to negotiate a compromise - for example, her son and your nephew, Cyl, is eligible if you somehow wind up without a heir while on your deathbed.
D) Publicly proclaim that you will relent the throne to Cyl when the boy reaches fifteen years of age.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 28, 2017, 05:43:43 pm »

A and C are invitations to civil war, one overt and one covert. B is the work of a tyrant, dangerous although being charismatic just might pull it out.

D This is the controlled regency everybody wanted and pacifies the Cyl faction of the council.

However quietly warn her that we do not care for her disrespectful tone.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 28, 2017, 05:44:16 pm »

A

Nah.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 28, 2017, 05:59:56 pm »

B!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 28, 2017, 06:01:06 pm »

B!

Now that's a choice-user combination I didn't not expect to see 'v.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1087